It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I was sobbing in my car yesterday.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was out running errands, shopping for new winter beds for the dogs, and for me, a new handbag. My usual happy version of my depressed self, and this song came on the radio. I connected to it, became engrossed in it. You know how you do.

After a few minutes of listening, I started crying. Not just a few silent tears, but crying where your shoulders shake, and your face is distorted. When I stopped for a traffic light, I covered my face so no one would see.

After the song finished, the DJ said "well that song could have been in one of those "Hobbit" movies.

But that's not where my mind went. Not at all.

Here's the song:

... and with lyrics

edit on 9/27/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Thats a song from my teen years, and yes I can see with all the wars going on how you could easily grieve over the message. It shows that you have not become hardened by the mess our world is in. The story has played out time and time again in our messed up world.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It's good for the soul and mind to let it all out and cry thats why we do it
This song gets me everytime. (yes I know Rolf Harris but the song).

Oh and not heard that song and it is moving.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Cry not, beloved. I can't know where your mind went but the one tin soldier is you. There will be no judgement ever and we're here to learn lessons, no matter the consequences. And, the best part is that we can never be truly harmed. LOVE

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Cry not, beloved. I can't know where your mind went but the one tin soldier is you. There will be no judgement ever and we're here to learn lessons, no matter the consequences. And, the best part is that we can never be truly harmed. LOVE

What a beautiful thing to say. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yup everytime just tried it again tears running down my face but I feel good afterwards.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Sniff. Yes. But I'm already crying again, having listened to "One Tin Soldier" twice already.

This is a more demonstrative version. I chose the first one initially, because it has lyrics. This one is also the original song.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

What a beautiful thing to say. Thank you.

My pleasure, and thank you for being a beautiful soul.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This one still makes me cry: Terry Jacks Seasons in the Sun

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-9-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
When I hear it I immediately think of the movie 'Billy Jack'. It was featured in the movie.

edit on b000000302015-09-27T10:05:57-05:0010America/ChicagoSun, 27 Sep 2015 10:05:57 -05001000000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Thanks now Im full tilt sobbing, before the day is over all of ATS will be in tears. But like boymonkey said, tears are such a cleansing!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: misskat1

Thanks now Im full tilt sobbing, before the day is over all of ATS will be in tears. But like boymonkey said, tears are such a cleansing!

Ditto.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
When I hear it I immediately think of the movie 'Billy Jack'. It was featured in the movie.

Yes, it's from Billy Jack. Listen to the second vid (humor me) and tell me where your mind goes.

In fact, I'm going to switch those vids out I think.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Beautiful thread.

I won't say where my mind went, but I did cry like a baby. I loved Billy Jack. It made me cry every time, too.

Our world is in a scary place today and there's a lack of love. That's why it's important to spread some every chance we get.

*hugs*

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This song emulates the One Tin Soldier Song and is awesome. Yes, I know my age is showing. lol

Where have all the Flowers Gone, Peter Paul and Mary Or Kingston Trio, depending on your era.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I remember that one from the late 70's, when I was in My Teens...
Still touching. There were a lot of good songs put out back then...

edit on 27-9-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I came, I listened, I'm weeping. It seems so different now than it did in Billy Jack.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Beautiful message

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

A favorite of mine

We're all in this together Lady

It helps to know (sometimes) that some of us really do see it that way

edit on 9/27/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Your thread inspired me to listen to old songs this morning. Some made me laugh some made me cry. But, I have to say, I must have needed the manic highs and lows of emotion, and a good cry out, because I feel energized and really good right now. Thank you for reminding me to enjoy my memories.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join