It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Tells Student His Left Hand is Evil

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

An Oklahoma teacher is facing ridicule for disciplining a student for being left handed. The boy was writing awkwardly with his right hand and his mother asked why he wasn’t using his left hand like he normally did. He said it was because his teacher told him it was the “bad hand.”

source: www.youtube.com...

Teacher Tells Student His Left Hand is Evil

I first found this on The Young Turks. I am not sure if this is a statement of teachers today, or a certain part of the country today.

A four-year-old Oklahoma boy was reportedly forced by his teacher to stop writing with his left-hand because she thinks being left-handed is 'evil'.

www.dailymail.co.uk... g-write-right-hand.html

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am a lefty

The teacher is not wrong, we are all evil and will one day take over the world with left handed scissors and tin openers.

Historically though in some cultures it was thought of as being "evil".

poor kid though.
edit on 27-9-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Okay, everyone! Raise your hand if you find this offensive and culturally embarassing!

Hey! You in the back! Not so fast, leftie!...
edit on 27 9 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Teaching should be about facts, not opinions or the teacher's foibles. How anyone can say being left handed is evil is beyond me and this teacher's stupidity should get her a nice long time to rethink this while she's looking for another job. Folks keep saying there should be psychological testing to be a cop, but we should start taking a damn close look at the teachers too.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Man that's just one state north. Oklahoma always had this weird backwards vibe to me. Trips me out we're spanning a few centuries at once in the US mindset across the land. I was never pressured to use my right hand growing up 80s and 90s.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

they tried the same with me as a kid. My grandma was insane and left handed, though. So when she found out about it she went in and scared the holy hell out of the teacher.

I am a lefty, sort of. Ambidextrous is more accurate, but not entirely. I can't write with my right hand, but use my right hand/foot preferentialy in several things.

Anyway, its a common "thing" from back in the day. In more recent times, it is far less common.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Both Clinton and Obama are left handed...nuff said.

V

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Being left-handed is not evil.
Just sinister.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Heh,I'm a lefty,and imo lefties are cool mofo's...

edit..I'll just add that's total BS that effing "teacher"put their stupid religious beliefs upon a innocent child..
edit on 27-9-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Guten Morgen- The teacher has resigned.

kfor.com...

She made sure Her resignation was in Her right hand... (pun intended)

Have a lovely day.. I'm goin' fishin

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hilarious how far Uygur took that down the rabbit hole. And then ridicules everyone from/in Oklahoma.

Personal to DISRAELI: Your comment above, "Just sinister." almost caused me to fall from my perch.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why is it always about left and right?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
How anyone can say being left handed is evil is beyond me

My dad is left handed and he said they tried to make him right handed when he was young. I also met a professor who refused to transfer despite the brutal discipline they applied to using your left hand back then. There used to be a wide spread stigma attached to it.

I would guess it came from encounters with left handed fighters. It might have made them difficult to train when conformity was needed (such as in forming the shield wall). They would have plenty of experience dealing with right handed fighters, while most wouldn't have had much experience with southpaws. A fight with a lefty would have been awkward and tricky.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

But if she told the kid being gay was evil she'd be heralded around the country and HERE!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Fun fact: sinister is derived from the Latin word sinister which means "left, on the left side" and also "inauspicious." IIRC the left = bad association dates back at least to divination among Greek soothsayers who would be looking for omens in the natural world in things like the flight paths of birds. In that case, flying right would be a good omen and flying left would be a bad omen. A commonly expressed hypothesis is that the reason for the left = bad association among these ancient diviners was that 90% of people are right-handed and among right-handed people, that hand is associated with strength and dexterity. In Latin, the opposite of sinister is dexter, from which the English words dexterity and dexterous are derived.

Edit:

Fun fact #2: While 10% of the population is left-handed, 20% of schizophrenics are left-handed. There's also a correlation with a handful of other neurological disorders.

Fun fact #3: Obama, Clinton, and George H. Bush are all left-handed. Ronald Reagan was ambidextrous and George H.W. Bush is right-handed. So 3 of the last 5 Presidents were left-handed. Ford was ambidextrous and Carter is right-handed, so only 2 of the last 7 Presidents were right-handed. James Garfield, 20th President and last of the 7 American Presidents born in a log cabin, could write in Latin with one hand while simultaneously writing in Greek with the other. He apparently was also the first President to campaign in two languages, English and German.

sources: Internet Public Library, Wikipedia - Handedness of Presidents of the United States
edit on 2015-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

As a recovering lefty, I'm quite sad that there are some people who still have dark age thinking when it comes to lefties.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thought this line of thinking died out years ago!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

But if she told the kid being gay was evil she'd be heralded around the country and HERE!!!!!!

How true. They would say that she has the right to practice her religion at her work.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Right. If Kim Davis can practice her religion at work and her ideals being protected by the Constitution so should this teacher (and every other whack job with "ideals").

I'm glad we really don't and shouldn't operate like this.........

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
People are not born left handed. It's a choice they make when they choose to go down that left path of sin and abomination in the eyes of God.

Matthew 25:33-34...41 (King James Version)
33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

That kid doesn't belong in the same school as the right handed children. It's a sin and I stand behind the teacher. She was right to force the will of God upon that evil child. I hope she goes home and pray's the left handedness from that child.

I tell you whut, There just ain't any morals left in this country and God will forsake us all.

GOD HATES LEFTIES!!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join