It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are alone in the galaxy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

LOL, either you haven't been paying attention or your a dis-informant. why would you need quantum communications when multiple races are already on the moon? Your problem if you are legit is you're looking at things Through the old paradigm. The whistleblowers have blown that completely out of the water

edit on 28-9-2015 by Ikema because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ikema

LOL, either you haven't been paying attention or your a dis-informant. why would you need quantum communications when multiple races are already on the moon?

Because multiple races aren't on the Moon.

Your problem if you are legit is you're looking at things Through the old paradigm. The whistleblowers have blown that completely out of the water

I'm looking at things through actual stuff we know , we've been to the Moon and all that was there was rocks , no cheese.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Life is interesting stuff. We continue to find it in the most extreme places like the dark smokers at the bottom of the ocean, under miles of ice... No it seems that life always finds a way to manifest itself and I think that this "we are alone view" doesn't take the robustness of the drive to live and evolve with the weight it deserves. Life is not intelligence, yet the more we look at animal behavior, the more can see that intelligence also seems to try and find a way.

We are alone... hubris.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
not surprising… life requires incredible stats to exist… check out the science:

The Privileged Planet
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ikema

uh-huh. sure.

"whistle blowers"… even the term seems nonsensical

“Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception.”
--Dr. Jacques Vallee
“The UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical.”
--Dr. Pierre Guerin

“The UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture.”
--John Ankenberg

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
well i am no expert but i beg to differ. the likelihood of humanity being the absolute galactic example of evolution strikes me as absurd. but what do i know? i'm not affiliated.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

On the flip side, think about much more this could help us realize how rare and precious human life really is.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
1. We have been contacted.
2. Radio is not used for interstellar communications; it's too slow.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The reason he believes this is subtle but right there...
His reference to Genesis, or a second Genesis.
He's a closet crackpot.
Apparently critical thinking isn't a requirement for NASA level intelligence.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Truth is, people just want there to be life out there. That's why they believe there is, because they choose to. The creator of life is out there beyond the stars. I believe that because I choose to. I believe Jesus was the creator and he came to reconcile his creation to himself in order to one day make it perfect again. Then we will be able to explore the heavens like star trek fans wish they could. And the cool thing is, we will not have corrupt life that has an end but eternal life. I believe this not because of evidence but because I choose to believe the bible. I love you all and hope everyone has a good night. Please don't bash me too hard I just wanted to share my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Batousai
Truth is, people just want there to be life out there. That's why they believe there is, because they choose to.

Nope. We believe there is life out there because there are hundreds of billions of stars, our sun being just one, in our galaxy. And there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the universe. The idea of life developing on only one is absurd. Not at all the same as your religious belief.
edit on 28-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: jimmyx

my feelings exactly....saying there is no evidence is laughable....they just refuse to believe the thousands of eyewitnesses from the past decades

UFOs are not evidence of Extraterrestrial life , they are evidence that people see things that they can't identify.

The opinions of William Borucki are based on his time as a scientist searching for other worlds using the best technology available for the task , our opinions are based on belief and reading the results of the work undertaken by Mr Borucki and his fellow scientists , to dismiss what he says out of hand smacks of sticking our fingers in our ears because someone says something we don't like.

I want ET to be out there as much as anyone but so far there is no evidence I've seen to support that.

I hate to admit it, but you're right. Those UFO's could be inter-dimensional, demons or even US Black projects, and just way beyond our comprehension.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It seems completely insane to think we are alone. Space is ridiculously huge. The word unfathomable comes to mind. Finding life will be difficult due to time and distance of light travel, ie talking to someone hundreds to millions of light years away would have some serious lag in the messages, if they even are that advanced. Maybe its the wild west on their planet now and they only have telegraph. We have really just begun to look. But thinking that we are alone, after the supposedly happenstance burping forth of life occurred on this planet, likely from a seeded comet, seems completely insane to me. Just look out there. Its vast. And hey, maybe they are getting us just fine, but after watching the Kardashians said, screw it.
edit on 29-9-2015 by panaque because: add text

edit on 29-9-2015 by panaque because: spelling, again

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: panaque
It seems completely insane to think we are alone. Space is ridiculously huge. The word unfathomable comes to mind. Finding life will be difficult due to time and distance of light travel, ie talking to someone hundreds to millions of light years away would have some serious lag in the messages, if they wven are that advanced. Maybe its the wild west on their planet now and they only have telegraph. We have really just begun to look. But thinking that we are alone, after the supposedly happenstance burping forth of life occurred on this planet, likely from a seeded comet, seems completely insane to me. Just look out there. Its vast. And hey, maybe they are getting us just fine, but after watching the Kardashians said, screw it.

Maybe we are God's first experiment, and the rest of space is there just for our entertainment?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

The reason he believes this is subtle but right there...
His reference to Genesis, or a second Genesis.
He's a closet crackpot.
Apparently critical thinking isn't a requirement for NASA level intelligence.

He using the word genesis because it means the beginning of something , it is NOT a reference to the Bible.

edit on 29-9-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpookyM
a reply to: chr0naut

Sounds very narcissistic to think we are the only intelligence in the entire universe. Perhaps they remain silent because we are too primitive to handle the information. Perhaps (gasp) the government's of the world have chosen to keep mankind in the dark. It's plausible when you consider all the major religions would suddenly be proved inaccurate. Perhaps to save everyone the heartache.

He said Galaxy, not universe.

There is no evidence of life elsewhere. That evidence is subject to change. It's less likely to change for the galaxy though.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
"we are alone in the galaxy"

No we arent. There are at least 13 known species of aliens that exist in our galaxy. The most famous I guess would be the Pleiadians from the beatiful Seven Sisters Starsystem. I believe the planets the Pleiadians come from revolves around the star called Alcyone.

But there are many many other suns in our galaxy that harbor life. MANY.

So to answer your topic, No, . We are not.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA
"we are alone in the galaxy"

No we arent. There are at least 13 known species of aliens that exist in our galaxy. The most famous I guess would be the Pleiadians from the beatiful Seven Sisters Starsystem. I believe the planets the Pleiadians come from revolves around the star called Alcyone.

But there are many many other suns in our galaxy that harbor life. MANY.

So to answer your topic, No, . We are not.

There isn't a Seven Sisters star system. At all.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Guys! Guys! Guys! ... Please let's keep the conspiracy/anti-mainstream/alternative side of the aliens debate out of this thread. This thread about scientifically-based evidence (or lack thereof) for existence of other intelligent life-forms or civilizations in our galaxy.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Personally, I think using any resources (be it materials, tech, thought or time better spent) to try and determine whether or not "we are alone" is a waste.

Let's just go see.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join