It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton claims he was threatened not to challenge the sitting president

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Mr. Clinton said Whitewater began only after he received a call from an aide to President George Bush warning him not to challenge the sitting president. “He said, ‘We’ve looked at the field; you are the only one that can win,” Mr. Clinton said. “ ‘The press has to have someone every election. We’re going to give them you. You’d better not run.’ ”
Bill Clinton Blames G.O.P. and Press for Wife’s Email Woes

I feel sorry for all the people who are stuck thinking that investigating or believing in "conspiracy theories" is something shameful. If it wasn't a conspiracy, it was someone acting alone. That's how I look at it because that's been my life experience.

I don't know how many times I've saved myself by being able to realize that I was being tricked by a conspiracy. It's very simple, con artists usually work in teams. They use conspiracies to rob, cheat, and steal. I guess that doesn't matter to someone who has no problem being an eternal doormat. I don't even know how that type of person makes it in the world.

Getting back to Clinton's allegations above, it's another perfect example of how little we know about what's going on behind the scenes in politics. It took Bill Clinton about 23 years to admit the above, I wonder how many more such stories he knows that he'll never tell. Probably enough to fill many books. That fact has led me to realize just how pointless all of our analyses on ATS and on other similar sites are sometimes. We're dealing with only bits and pieces of the truth in most cases so it's impossible to come to solid conclusions most of the time IMHO.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Typical Clinton nonsense... they never do anything wrong, the whole world is just out to get them.

What a load of crap.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Typical Clinton nonsense... they never do anything wrong, the whole world is just out to get them.

What a load of crap.

What does one thing have to do with the other. He can be everything you say he is and what he says still be true.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spav5

What a load of crap.

What does one thing have to do with the other. He can be everything you say he is and what he says still be true.

Bill is claiming that Hillary's email issues are nothing more than a GOP attack that is being blown out of proportion by the press.

That's a load of codswallop. Coming from the guy who very clearly said the famous line "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." how can you believe anything he says?
edit on 9/26/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer
You don't believe there is a vast right wing conspiracy against the Clintons?

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
You don't believe there is a vast right wing conspiracy against the Clintons?

I believe that the Clintons have screwed over a lot of people and done some very bad deals to get where they are and it's now biting them in the ass.

The right wing establishment certainly doesn't have any love for the Clintons but the Clintons' worst enemy is their own past.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I would agree.
But I don't think it is only the far right who are not enthralled.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I would agree.
But I don't think it is only the far right who are not enthralled.

Also that.

They've made enemies on all sides.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
But then...
Name a politician who hasn't.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

What a load of crap.

Bill is claiming that Hillary's email issues are nothing more than a GOP attack that is being blown out of proportion by the press.

That's a load of codswallop. Coming from the guy who very clearly said the famous line "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." how can you believe anything he says?

It should have made no difference who he slept with or had oral sex with...I don't know many men who are cheaters who do not also lie about it. That was a big waste of time and the GOP is the one who wasted the time and money on it.

They set the precedent so why would I believe that going after Hillary is not the same thing?

I am no fan of Hillary. Make them use a public a server and be done with it. I have no reason to believe that she is is the first to use private email.
edit on 26-9-2015 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

But then...
Name a politician who hasn't.

The difference is that the Clintons have been in the game for a very long time and at the very highest level for 8 years.

That's a lot of time with a lot of power to step on a lot of toes, create a lot of enemies, and stack the closet deep with skeletons.

We've never had a situation in politics like we currently have with the Clintons.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

What a load of crap.

It should have made no difference who he slept with or had oral sex with...I don't know many men who are cheaters who do not also lie about it. That was a big waste of time and the GOP is the one who wasted the time and money on it.

They set the precedent so why would I believe that going after Hillary is not the same thing?

I am no fan of Hillary. Make them use a public a server and be done with it. I have no reason to believe that she is is the first to use private email.

Are you familiar with the term "perjury"?

THAT is why Bill got in such trouble... not because he got a blowjob in the oval office.

It's the same reason Hillary is in such trouble. Not that she was using a private server but that she apparently made deliberate attempts to hide correspondence and is playing a cat and mouse game with investigators.

It's not so much WHAT they did but HOW they handled it that defines their character.
edit on 9/27/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

That's a lot of time with a lot of power to step on a lot of toes, create a lot of enemies, and stack the closet deep with skeletons.

How long was Boehner around?
No power? No enemies on the left or the right?

Politics means making enemies.

edit on 9/27/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

What a load of crap.

Are you familiar with the term "perjury"?

THAT is why Bill got in such trouble... not because he got a blowjob in the oval office.

Well he slipped out of that but he should have never been in front of a Grand jury in the first place. It was a complete waste of time and money and GOP WAS out to get him.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I voted for Bill...but I will never ever vote for another Clinton. They have so many skeletons (figuratively and possibly literally) in the closet that the door is getting hard to shut. They lie, cheat, and steal their way up. I know that can be said of all politicians, but they especially wallow in the mud, then throw it at you saying it's holy water.

I don't get it that so many people are blind to it!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Sure, they all make enemies to a certain extent but Boehner was never POTUS. That's a whole different level of power and control that can be wielded to screw people over and there are many stories of the Clintons doing just that.

I'd also hazard a guess that some of Boehner's enemies are the reason he just resigned.
edit on 9/27/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

link   

That depends on what your definition of "is" is...

Sorry couldn't help myself. Bill Clinton is a narcissist. His wife is just like him. They were and are a team. I wouldn't believe much of what comes out of his mouth.

V

link   

Till he used up all his Kleenex. Come on...lol.
He has been crying for years in public.

This is somehow a conspiracy?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Not Boehner. You have TO DO SOMETHING first to even begin to "step on toes" or make enemies. All show and no go unlike the Clintons .

edit on 27-9-2015 by Gothmog because: add

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

This is somehow a conspiracy?

I don't know.
But he has generated a number of enemies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join