It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer to All of Our Problems: Love

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
At this point I think the OP should define what he/she specifically means by love.

Loving someone I don't know? It makes me think of those hysterical girls with a crush on Justin Bieber. They all love him, don't they? To me it's not love but obsession, infatuation and raging hormones. What is exactly to love at someone you don't know?

Loving in general, like I love roses? Oh, I love roses, but this love doesn't necessarily compels me to do something about helping the roses, so what does that worth? A love that is not active in any way it has no other meaning than to make us feel good. Like a glass of wine.

Love like loving a lover? That's a nice one, until the pangs of jealousy and hate kick in. Then you really wish you've never known love.

Love like loving your child? That also comes in a deal package with fears and attachments and expectations, and it takes us sometimes a lifetime to get it right. And I believe is not humanly possible to love everyone like your own child.

The bible quoted kind of love? Well, that will be nice but I have yet to meet one single person who loves that way. One.

So which version of love are we talking about? Because I'm afraid that we talk here about some self induced euphoria, not very different of the drug induced states where everybody loves everybody and all is good in the world, we just need more of it to keep feeling this way. Is so easy to love when is just words and fuzzy feelings inside. Loving the idea of love.

I believe more compassion is a solution but that also in practical doses. Wisdom also can help so we don't end up on the street or with a house full of cats.
But love and love and all around love... feels like sugar in every meal.

edit on 27-9-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Such statements are the type which remove all meaning from language. If you broaden concepts to the point you are anything can mean anything and we might as well go around speaking gibberish.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The Irony of this Op is that people LOVE to have problems.

I know a few

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Sharing sound waves is not a connection. Speaking a similiar language is not a connection. Sure if you want to say we share an Internet connection, I can concede that. But because you use a computer, breathe air, speak English, does not mean we are connected, nor does it mean we must love each other. The logic does not follow. One premise does not lead to another.

Not everyone deserves your love by default. Taylor Swift doesn't. Vladimir Putin doesn't. I certainly do not. They do not want it. If people are not looking for it, it repels them. If you force it on them they surely will run from it or worse. love is not air, sound waves or an Internet connection. It's much more valuable, finite, hence its rarity. It has to be used sparingly, or it will become worthless or exploited until it is worthless.

Be kind, yes. Be compassionate, sure. Be altruistic if you want. Such action is inspiring to see. But never dilute your love to the point where it is so watered down as to be meaningless, to be handed out like a flyer to any passerby. Love is a two-way-street, if you'll excuse the cliché. Love someone who will love you back. We love people who we trust, who are there for us, who we can be intimate with, who we'd die for.

I have troubles with this sort of universal love business, obviously, but I enjoyed your OP and writing as per usual. Now if only you'd drop that bible and try dedicating yourself to other more beneficial literature. Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You can believe this is the general truth of existence till the return of the Messiah, and it will still not be even partially true.

Fact is , Love and Hate, the paradigm of two sides to everything, is a program that none of us actually fully participate in.

Love is NOT all powerful, and does not rule , ANYWHERE.

It is not something that can make sense to you, or can it ??

DO you understand that to actually stop the madness the very Creator that you seek must be eliminated ???

The total destruction of all that you believe in, I am a part of, and that is because I love everyone so much, but again, it is not inside a box you will likely understand.

It is much DEEPER of a concept than I think you are available to consider.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Maybe I was wrong. It appears you can't understand what I am saying.

Don't worry about him, he understands that we are NOT here to have an experience, something that has been ingrained into your subconscious that you actually believe is the whole truth.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The answer to all 'your' problems is the end of the one who has a problem.
Life is just life - it is simply just happening all by itself - the one life. Life is amazing but there may be just one thing that causes problems - you (the separate self).
Every individual is seeking their own absence because when they are not there life just flows. Forgetting yourself while listening to music or getting lost in a film happens often in life - there is a dissolving of the separate self and one is immersed in what is happening.
Then thoughts start to speak about 'me in time and space' and problems appear. Thought loves to solve problems so it creates them by presenting convincing stories about 'what might happen' and then there is a need to have a plan of action just in case so thought creates ways to act, ways to be. You then have to follow what the plan says and if you don't then thought will say you did it wrong.

If the attention is full of 'what is not happening' it will be conflicting with 'what is happening'.
The great thing is that 'what is happening' is always right where you are so the cure is ever present - never not here.

'What is happening' may seem boring though so 'what is not happening' is often given favour - 'what is' is denied.

edit on 28-9-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
when jesus' disciples asked what was the most important commandment . Jesus told them love. Love god with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself. If you do these you cannot possibly break any of the other commandments.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I understand what you're saying, just that I think it is false.

I never liked how you try to think for others, because people don't think like you and you seem to be disillusioned that everyone would have the same emotions you have. Most of the debates I've seen you have with other members implies you not understand the emotion and you thinking that you are right in your vision.

You might be smart intellectually but emotionally, you seem disconnected and dumb as a rock.
Don't take it only for an insult, maybe your life conditioned you this way and...we still love you no matter!

edit on 29-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You are right. We live in a world motivated by hate and bigotry, and forget all about love.
Love does not condemn people.
It's easier for a person to express hatred than pure loving kindness.
It's easiervfor them to create enemies than friends.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I just posted this in another thread here about the prophesy of the great genius, but it belongs here as well, with a little more detail:

God is pure, unadulterated, unrelenting and unconditional love. Once you achieve the ability to love like this you have achieved godliness. Many religions stumble around this subject and some get it better than others. Christ was one of the messengers sent to bring this message to the people. To understand what Christ was about you must also understand his message about forgiveness. Forgiveness has to be pure, unrelenting and unconditional as well, without reservation.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I never liked how you try to think for others, because people don't think like you and you seem to be disillusioned that everyone would have the same emotions you have. Most of the debates I've seen you have with other members implies you not understand the emotion and you thinking that you are right in your vision.

You might be smart intellectually but emotionally, you seem disconnected and dumb as a rock.
Don't take it only for an insult, maybe your life conditioned you this way and...we still love you no matter!

Tell someone you love them after you insult them. This is the value of your universal love. It's posey, my friend. It's a disguise. The moral high-horse is nothing more than an ass that thinks he's a stallion.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance, or something along those lines. I could not be insulted in the slightest.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
dumb as a rock.

As a geologist, I love rocks and find they 'speak' to me and have deeper, more relevant stories to tell me than the majority of 'useless eaters' on this planet.
Where do we draw the line with our love?
I'm inclined to be a misanthrope at times myself.
Love is a nice ideal.
Reality is better

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I could not be insulted in the slightest.

Nor that I want you to be!

I'm just pointing out that you often have debates with other members that I can easily summarize from your responses that you are emotionnaly disconnected to how others feel.

I'm sorry if I insulted you.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Nor that I want you to be!

I'm just pointing out that you often have debates with other members that I can easily summarize from your responses that you are emotionnaly disconnected to how others feel.

I'm sorry if I insulted you.

No one is connected emotionally to other members. Those that say they are connected emotionally to others over the internet, to people they have never met, as if emotions were discernible via wifi, are connected to no more than a figment of their own imagination. They are lying not only to themselves, but to others.

So please, insult away.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Do you feel emotions? If so, so do I. When you're afraid, I know what you feel; if you are happy, I know what you feel as well. The fact we share the same kind of emotions shows empathy is possible. Empathy is feeling what another feels.

I'm sure you will either say empathy isn't real or I don't feel what you feel emotionally though. I've felt the same emotions you have, as has everyone else who has the ability to feel emotions.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Do you feel emotions? If so, so do I. When you're afraid, I know what you feel; if you are happy, I know what you feel as well. The fact we share the same kind of emotions shows empathy is possible. Empathy is feeling what another feels.

I'm sure you will either say empathy isn't real or I don't feel what you feel emotionally though. I've felt the same emotions you have, as has everyone else who has the ability to feel emotions.

You're wrong to imply that I might believe we don't have the same emotions, or that we understand them differently. That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not sure how you've reached this conclusion, but I imagine it has to do with a lot of guessing.

What I stated, not even implicitly, was that we are not emotionally connected over the internet. I thought I was quite clear about that. For instance, given the information I've provided, with your empathy, tell me what I am I feeling at the time of this reply. If you cannot, then I'm sorry, but you do not know what I feel. You, like TheMediator, are "emotionally disconnected" to your fellow members.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

What I stated, not even implicitly, was that we are not emotionally connected over the internet.

There you go into thinking for others but others don't think like you do, that's exactly what I was implying in the first place with you in this thread! :p

Maybe YOU lack the "ability" to be emotionally connected over the internet but many can!
I bet you probably won't believe me but I feel your emotion through your words and I feel your "dis-connectivity" too.

It's nothing wrong that we are all different, but I see you could become a better debater by understanding that other people have different emotions than you have and that they might feel connected to you, even if you don't feel it.
edit on 30-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Can you love nothing? How could you? Those who hate are those who know love not.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Sharing sound waves is not a connection. Speaking a similiar language is not a connection.

Why are you wasting your time typing these words then. You do seem to expect to reach him and have a level of understanding. How do you expect this to happen if there is no connection?

Why do you feel a need to deny the obvious? Or is this about semantics?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join