It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer to All of Our Problems: Love

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Is it possible for someone you don't know to impact you? Is it possible that anyone of the 7 billion people on this planet could instigate another 9/11 type event? Is it possible that the next event could be in your backyard and directly impact you and your loved one's?

Unless you live in some protected bubble you are connected to the world you live in. Anyone that can impact you is a part of your life. Therefore you are merely one part of the whole of humanity.

And I'm not looking to play semantics games. I would prefer that we assume each of us is intelligent enough to understand the other.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Are they not part of your experience? What are you other than your experience? If you interact with someone they are a part of you because they are part of your experience.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Is it possible for someone you don't know to impact you? Is it possible that anyone of the 7 billion people on this planet could instigate another 9/11 type event? Is it possible that the next event could be in your backyard and directly impact you and your loved one's?

Unless you live in some protected bubble you are connected to the world you live in. Anyone that can impact you is a part of your life. Therefore you are merely one part of the whole of humanity.

And I'm not looking to play semantics games. I would prefer that we assume each of us is intelligent enough to understand the other.

It sounds like you are playing semantic games. The fact that we can leave the world around us is quite evident. The fact that there is no tether or umbilical cord between you and I proves we are not connected. There is no basis for this type of fanciful rhetoric. The opposite is the case: only if you live in a protected bubble are you connected.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Are they not part of your experience? What are you other than your experience? If you interact with someone they are a part of you because they are part of your experience.

If I interact with someone it is because I interact with someone, not because they are a part of my experience.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Maybe I was wrong. It appears you can't understand what I am saying.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That's a lack of sight on your part. If they weren't a part of your experience you wouldn't be able to interact with them. We are connected to the world, we can't be disconnected until we die. Aren't we connected through the internet right now? It's the same thing in real life.

The problem is that you are thinking of connected as in a physical connection, like we have to have a string strung between us for us to be connected. Is there a string connected between my phone and whatever you're on right now in order for us to communicate with each other? No, just as there is no string connecting us when we interact with one another in the real world. You can't see the connection between my phone and your computer/phone yet we are still communicating through that unseen connection.
edit on 9/27/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
TRUST is a scace commodity, unfettered love isn't possible and in some cases quite distracting.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

unfettered love isn't possible

Says who? Are you saying the love for your family isn't unfettered?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I understand what you're saying, just that I think it is false.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

All connections are physical. Are you speaking of some other kind?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So where is the wire connecting my laptop to my Wi-Fi signal?

If we are not connected as you seem to believe, how am I able to walk up to you and talk to you in the real world? What allows us to communicate if it is not a connection?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

So where is the wire connecting my laptop to my Wi-Fi signal?

Radio waves have physical properties, or they wouldn't be able to transmit a signal, nor interact with the hardware.

If we are not connected as you seem to believe, how am I able to walk up to you and talk to you in the real world? What allows us to communicate if it is not a connection?

The only way you would be able to walk up to me and speak to me is if we were not connected. A common language, and a biology fit to do so, allows us to communicate

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The sound waves that leave my mouth and enter your ear are a physical connection between you and I. If we were not connected in any way, we would never be able to communicate. Can a computer that is not connected to the internet be fired up and browse the internet? I think we both know the answer to that question.

There is no communication if there is not some kind of connection. You're thinking of a connection such as a string being attached to each one of us, there is more than that one type of connection. If I am able to transmit my thoughts through the medium of language in order for you to receive that language and comprehend it, we are connected.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I like love a lot, but no it's not the answer to everything. No matter how much you care bear stare the meteor, it's not going to stop coming to kill us all. We need technology for that. Nature has no love for anything, and love is never the solution to the ills thrust upon us by natures cold uncaring chaos.

Addendum: Well ok that's not completely true, love is great for re-population at least.

edit on 9/27/2015 by Puppylove because: Addendums are fun

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

We're a part of nature, so I'd argue that nature does have love for things. Our ability as natural beings to love things proves that.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Every single emotion is for survival.
Did love evolve to protect the tribe, survival, and love is an instinct?

Love and hate come from the same brain center.
www.sciencedaily.com...

Hate, love ,aggression, altruism, empathy, all linked to survival of the tribe.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You would have to transcend the primal instincts to know pure love, maybe we haven't evolved to that point yet.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I am seperate from them I love them but trust?
Only so far.
LONG story.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It may sound cliché but it is the truth. Love is the answer to all of our troubles today.

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!
(Now you can tell the real thing from the cheap knock-offs offered by the ego! *__- )

Love requires practice, like a fine violin!
Practice! Practice! Practice!

Who is unworthy of Love?!

"If it cannot be thought with Love,
it doesn't need to be thought!
Don't think it!
If it cannot be spoken with Love,
it doesn't need to be said!
Don't say it!
If it cannot be done with Love,
it doesn't need to be done!
Don't do it!
If the day cannot be Saved by Love,