It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer to All of Our Problems: Love

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It may sound cliché but it is the truth. Love is the answer to all of our troubles today.

1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I'm no fan of Paul, but I must admit he really hit the nail on the head here. This passage from the bible perfectly encapsulates what love means. Love is unconditional, and in fact it might be the only unconditional thing we have in this world. If you set conditions on who or what you love, you do not know true love.

The world we live in today is seriously lacking in love, almost every single one of our problems today can be attributed to a lack of love for our fellow human beings and fellow life. War is a product of not loving those who are killed, greed is a product of not loving those who are affected by that greed, corruption is a product of those in power not caring about the suffering their actions will bring onto other people.

What is it that causes us not to love others? Our differences. Those in power love to highlight our differences every single day through the media and other forms of propaganda. Politics and religion are the most effective forms of pointing out our differences, both are the biggest forms of division in our world today.

When you turn on the news, what do you hear about the majority of the time? Politics and religion. Whether it is about ISIS or the current political climate, religion and politics are front and center in today's media 24/7. Why is this? Because those who control the media are dividing us by our differences. Instead of pointing out our similarities, they highlight what makes us different. This is the perfect way to cause division, hate, and non-acceptance.

Loving someone is to accept the differences and flaws that they have. Those who are religious generally do not accept the differences of those of another faith; those who are on the left generally do not accept the differences of those who are on the right and vice versa. We have been conditioned by the society built around us to not accept the differences of others, we have been conditioned not to love those whom we do not know and/or share differences with.

What would happen if people started to love others unconditionally despite their differences? The world would transition into peace and harmony. No one would kill anyone else because love does no harm to a neighbor, no one would lie to anyone else because love rejoices in truth. If we simply laid our differences down and began to love one another unconditionally, the world would change for the better almost instantaneously.

I have a challenge for those who are reading this: start loving others, ignore the differences you share with them and realize that we are all fundamentally the same. We all have family and friends whom we love and whom love us, we all feel pain, we all feel joy, we all fail, we all make mistakes, we all hurt, but the most important of all: we are all human beings who desire love and acceptance above anything else. Who cares if someone else doesn't follow love, all that matters is what YOU do. Be the change you wish to see in the world, don't be discouraged by what others do, just do your part and eventually what you put out will be received tenfold.

When you come by someone who really irks you in any certain way, realize that they are on their own walk of life and that they want to be loved and accepted just as much as you do. Try to understand that everyone has their bad days and everyone has their flaws, including you. Put yourself in their shoes, try to empathize with them despite what they say or do to you. If you do this, you will save yourself a lot of frustration and discomfort.

Does holding a grudge feel good? Remember, it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile. Don't over stress your mental muscles, that only leads to pain and suffering. Let that grudge go and you will feel a weight lifted off of your shoulders, you will feel SO much better. Anger and hate cause stress, happiness and love cause bliss.

Love is the most powerful thing in the universe, it squashes even the most fervent hate. Surrender yourself to love, let go of hate and lay down your differences. It's not as hard as you may think, in fact it is extremely easy if you try.

Please take this to heart my friends, we seriously need an increase of love in this world, it is the only thing that can save us from what may be coming. If enough people make a difference in their little corner of the world, the corners will eventually meet.

Thank you for reading.
edit on 9/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Love..

The simplicity of it is often too complex for us to understand.

S&F

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I find answers to the questions of life and existence in the cold heartless embrace of Enjo-kōsai.

But, hey...your mileage may vary.

edit on 26-9-2015 by nullafides because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I agree that Love is the solution but I see it slightly different. I don't think there is not enough Love, I prefer to think that we Love the wrong things.

We Love money.
We Love power.
We Love victory.
We Love mental superiority.
We Love physical superiority.

We Love these things because we are told from childhood that these are the things that will make us happy. So we mindlessly pursue these things in order to find happiness.

The problem with the types of Love above is they do not return Love into our hearts which is why we are so angry and depressed as a society.

Love of the world is hatred to God. Which when applied to the self, Love of the world is hatred of your own soul. Your soul desires only what truly makes it happy.

And the only way to make the soul happy is to Love the things that return Love into your heart. And only Love for your brothers and Love for the environment can bring Love into ones soul.

Love of the material can only poison the soul with pride and greed.

SnF

edit on 26-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I wouldn't consider those things love personally, more like lust. Love has to do with spiritual things, lust has to do with material things. I do not love my wife's (if I were married) body, I love who she is as a person despite what she looks like. If you no longer love someone based on their image then it was never love at all but lust, you put someone's body above who they were.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I wouldn't consider those things love personally, more like lust. Love has to do with spiritual things, lust has to do with material things. I do not love my wife's (if I were married) body, I love who she is as a person despite what she looks like. If you no longer love someone based on their image then it was never love at all but lust, you put someone's body above who they were.

In theory you are correct those things are lusts, but we were taught that those things are the keys to Love and happiness.

I think think this is the point of "Never take the Lords name in vain". We have turned Love into vanity and lost sight of true Love for one another.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Love is a state of insanity, insanity is not a good thing.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Money and power are fear driven, can't say it comes out of love... Love is giving, fear is taking and keeping to oneself...

Love is abundance, fear is the idea that there's not enough...

Great thread OP, thanks for the reminder.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Blind or forced love has never worked. It's impossible to convince oneself to love someone, or convince them to love you, on pirinciple. That's not love at all.

Don't live for others any more than you expect them to live for you.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Love isn't forced, it comes naturally. I see all of us as beings who desire love and acceptance above anything so who am I to deny that to someone?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The love you're speaking about is forced, not love in general. If someone murders a family member, you will force yourself to love him, not because you actually do love him, but because you've convinced yourself that you should. It's coercion.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It's not forced on my part, maybe it would be on your part though. And yes, I'd still love them. I may not like them but I'd love them.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You'd tell yourself that you do, that's for sure. But I'm not sure there are many people who want this sort of false love.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Just because you can't imagine loving someone you don't know doesn't mean it's impossible for everyone else les. Yes I can love someone I don't know, and no it is not forced. You may say it is forced but that is just your opinion. I will leave it at that, I am not you and you are not me, so let's stop assuming what the other knows or feels for others.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Blind or forced love has never worked. It's impossible to convince oneself to love someone, or convince them to love you, on pirinciple. That's not love at all.

Don't live for others any more than you expect them to live for you.

As intelligent as you are I am surprised that you don't believe it's possible to have love for someone you don't know.

For me it is quite easy. Understanding that we are all an inseparable part of one whole makes me view each part of the whole as also a part of me. If I refuse to love even one part of the whole it is as if I have failed to love an inseparable part of myself.

We do not live in the land of me we live in the land of we.

This word is a product of putting I before we. Until we learn to love the we more than the I we will continue to be lead to war by those who can't see past themselves.

I am not forced into this ideology, rather it seems that the idea of being one part of one whole is the only ideology that can lead to any form of peace within oneself and within the world.

I don't wish to live for myself or for others. I wish to live to be of some benefit to the whole, however large or small the impact might be. I wish to die knowing that I gave far more than I took.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I thought it was divorce? Seems to clear up at least 80% of the problems, but I don't believe any solution covers all bases.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
It may sound cliché but it is the truth. Love is the answer to all of our troubles today.

1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Have you ever seen works of Kieslowski?
www.youtube.com...

Personally, I do not believe in love...sorry...but I am still able to cry...
edit on 27-9-2015 by xoenneox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I will leave it at that, I am not you and you are not me, so let's stop assuming what the other knows or feels for others.

That is fair. But then we should also not assume that others want or desire your love in any fashion.

I do not think your ideas or your motivation is sinister or dangerous. I only think the consequences are.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

As intelligent as you are I am surprised that you don't believe it's possible to have love for someone you don't know.

For me it is quite easy. Understanding that we are all an inseparable part of one whole makes me view each part of the whole as also a part of me. If I refuse to love even one part of the whole it is as if I have failed to love an inseparable part of myself.

That is rather a misunderstanding. No one is a part of you.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I will leave it at that, I am not you and you are not me, so let's stop assuming what the other knows or feels for others.

That is fair. But then we should also not assume that others want or desire your love in any fashion.

I do not think your ideas or your motivation is sinister or dangerous. I only think the consequences are.

We have history amd current events that prove the consequences of only loving ourselves leads to death and destruction. Loving oneself and raising oneself as more important than the whole is what leads to an insatiable desire for wealth and power.

How could the concept of Loving others turn out any worse?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join