It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified lights filmed over New Hampshire

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In some shots, the lights reflecting in the glass are in the room behind the camera.

Invaaaision!

In this strange lights video the light source (the streetlight) is on the other side of the reflective surface.

So the morphing image of lights in the sky is fixed relative to the camera lens, because the streetlight is fixed to the ground. He zooms in the beginning "getting away from the streetlight" so it doesn't appear in the shot. If he had kept it out of view the whole duration of the video we'd probably still be debating what the lights are.

Not to hoaxer, next time…
edit on 29-9-2015 by intrptr because: image

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Hello Marky,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. West. Time: 7:07pm

2. No. Did not see the moon in any direction (there was a slight overcast too)

3 . My wife took a picture of the sky to capture the amazing colors (panoramic picture can be found on Flickr)

If anyone wants to study the mall, I pulled it up in Google Earth and marked where I was standing in relation to the object.

Image #1 flic.kr...

Image #2 flic.kr...

Image # 3 flic.kr...

In Google Earth just type Best Buy, Concord NH and it will take you to the mall.
Edit: I was on foot in the parking lot; I wasn't sitting inside a car recording.
edit on 29-9-2015 by MikePittaro74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Sydney Australia, It keeps appearing around the same time and sits stationary in the sky.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

So, those are a few of my observations. In summary, I don't believe it's a hoax. But it would take a lot to convince me that this object has an extra-terrestrial origin.

Wow! Thank you for breaking it down like that. I don't think it was a hoax either (although I do think there's a terrestrial explanation for it), but his behavior on the thread casts a measure of doubt, which is unfortunate, but the whole "behind glass/plastic" thing was not sitting well with me, so I'm glad you pointed out why that is not likely to have been the case.

The main thing that makes me feel it was likely just an honest mistake is the fact that it is really difficult to fake that kind of surprise over audio alone...nothing in their voices sound even remotely facetious to my ear. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I do not for a second buy the story that he didn't give permission to the news station to use the footage, nor do I believe that the post on facebook was not meant for the public...over 4k views at the time of the OP? Sorry, but that's not going to be possible if the account is privatized. A lot of things do not add up, but whatever this was, in my gut I do not feel that he deliberately hoaxed this.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Wow! Thank you for breaking it down like that.
Thanks for taking the time to read it. Sometimes I think my posts wind up in people's TLDR list.

the whole "behind glass/plastic" thing was not sitting well with me, so I'm glad you pointed out why that is not likely to have been the case.
Yes, there's no evidence to indicate the apparatus necessary to perpetuate such a deception is present. In fact, there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

The main thing that makes me feel it was likely just an honest mistake is the fact that it is really difficult to fake that kind of surprise over audio alone...nothing in their voices sound even remotely facetious to my ear. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,
I feel basically the same way. Since I find no indication of deliberate fabrication, I'm curious what this "anomaly" actually was.

Mike said in a previous post:

I have NEVER stated publicly what I believed those objects were/are; In fact, I may never actually do it. I made this decision because I can't, with any certainty, say if they were Government Black Project drones, a strange light phenomenon, Santa Clause, or even UFOs/ extraterrestrial. Anything being said right now, whether it be message boards or on public media, is sheer speculation by those reporting on the event, and not from my my wife and I.
So, I don't think he necessarily believes it was a UFO. My feeling is that he would like to know what it really was as well.

The interesting part of this for me is attempting to extract as much information as possible from his sighting artifacts in an attempt to determine what this actually was. Because he recorded from several locations, and the view of the anomaly can be correlated with a common foreground object for each location, namely the tree limbs, I thinks it's possible to calculate the distance to the object. And given the elevation angle of the anomaly, the object's altitude can be calculated. The azimuth of the anomaly can be calculated relative to the setting sun.

That's enough information to plot the "point source" of the object in 3 dimensional space. You would have to make a few assumptions about the topography that would introduce some error, but a good approximate set of coordinates can be determined.

With a bit more information about the properties of the camera, it may even be possible to make a SWAG about the size of the object as well.

While I'm fairly certain that this is not a UFO, solving this puzzle provides some useful experience that might be handy in the future when a more-likely UFO is sighted.

but I do not for a second buy the story that he didn't give permission to the news station to use the footage, nor do I believe that the post on facebook was not meant for the public...over 4k views at the time of the OP? Sorry, but that's not going to be possible if the account is privatized. A lot of things do not add up, but whatever this was, in my gut I do not feel that he deliberately hoaxed this.
Well, I can't speak for his motivations. I'm not really too good at understanding humans. For any reason other than the desire to copulate, I can't figure why humans do anything.

-dex

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I learned that the video was shared multiple times through the Starborn Group on Facebook, and it went viral from there.

Edit: I also learned that my wife sent the photos and video to a long time friend on Facebook who requested to see the originals.
edit on 30-9-2015 by MikePittaro74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hmmm... my feeling is that this was odd and likely a refraction of streetlights on a foggy day... or, indeed, some weird UFOs of undetermined origin, and not a hoax...at all.

Some of the more smug, pompous members might want to check themselves and save their energy for the cgi extravaganzas.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the answers Mike. It's good to see the flickr HD video. My personal analysis has evolved... I've got a feeling now that it's a disco style laser being shone upwards. It hits the clouds at two points, higher point (main object) and lower point (second object). When the second one is more intense, the other dims, and vice versa.

Kind of see a beam going from ground upwards, it's highlighted by car headlight flare at the start of video, but after that you can still kind of make out a beam in the HD video. This is probably what and why the other woman was looking, even if she could only see it a little bit (it may well be enhanced by camera etc).

It'd probably take some local knowledge to know why exactly a laser is being shone, and that's info that can be distorted or withheld, but that's my final analysis. You're right it's not the moon, and it's not lens flare - it's a laser beam. For what purpose, I have no idea. And I have no idea where it would be coming from, the state prison? horeshoe island? some other out of town venue?

Of course, it'd be a better story if the beam was being shone downward ... but sadly don't think it is

What are your thoughts on that? thanks

edit on 30-9-2015 by markymint because: pics

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MikePittaro74

I get that people like to hijack posts on Facebook and share them with others, although you do have the option to lock your page down to where no one can see your posts except friends. If that's the 4000+ "likes" that they referred to in the OP footage/article, and the footage was basically shared with the wrong person, then I stand corrected. Unfortunately, when you post something that is that unusual on any social media site, you've got to realize on some level that people are going to run with it....privacy goes out the window when people get excited.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SullivanBlack

Ive always wondered why these people have the most unsteady hands to date, and why is the object theyre filimg not center? When I film stuff I point the camera at the thing I am recording.

Everyone has an essential tremor. Some are worse than others. Some people have one so slight that they don't realize they even have one. And it can be a task to hold your arms up like that for long periods of time, especially if you're not used to it...those muscles will tire quickly. Can't answer to the center thing though...although I've seen plenty that were centered too.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Oh, I was happy to read it. I too, am extremely curious as to what caused this. And yes, I really think a lot of times that the skeptic people on these threads start attributing it to something otherwordly faster than the believers do...most often, it's not even the person having the sighting that says "UFO". It's just something very odd and naturally, we want to know what it is.

I don't understand humans most of the time either. I prefer animals instead.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Jerusalem UFO also went viral and is a proven hoax. This was debunked on the first page. It seems weird that the person defending this so hard also left the scene while the "ufo" was still hovering.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Mike said in a previous post:

I have NEVER stated publicly what I believed those objects were/are; In fact, I may never actually do it. I made this decision because I can't, with any certainty, say if they were Government Black Project drones, a strange light phenomenon, Santa Clause, or even UFOs/ extraterrestrial. Anything being said right now, whether it be message boards or on public media, is sheer speculation by those reporting on the event, and not from my my wife and I.
So, I don't think he necessarily believes it was a UFO. My feeling is that he would like to know what it really was as well.

It is stated in the OP article that he specifically referred to them as UFO's on his Facebook thread. That's one of the inconsistencies. He adamantly insists he never said "publicly" what he believed them to be here on ATS, but the article accompanying the CBS spot directly quotes his Facebook post. It's little things like that...minor as they may seem...that make people suspicious of stories like this. I don't know what to think about that aspect of it.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

It's little things like that...minor as they may seem...that make people suspicious of stories like this. I don't know what to think about that aspect of it.

I agree with you on that. I can understand why people tend to question these types of stories. Especially when there seem to be discontinuities in the witnesses accounts.

In this particular case, however, I was more interested in the video and trying to solve the puzzle of what was actually seen. Even if Mike had claimed here, on ATS, that he had seen aliens, I would probably have invested some time in looking into it anyway.

But, I see your point. Perhaps I should be a bit more suspicious myself. That might save me from embarrassing myself in the future.

-dex

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: markymint

It'd probably take some local knowledge to know why exactly a laser is being shone, and that's info that can be distorted or withheld, but that's my final analysis. You're right it's not the moon, and it's not lens flare - it's a laser beam. For what purpose, I have no idea. And I have no idea where it would be coming from, the state prison? horeshoe island? some other out of town venue?

I went looking to see if there were any venues or presentations on that date and it appears that there was a Martina McBride concert that was going on about 30 miles away...do you think if it was a concert light show that it could reach that far? I can't get a definitive answer regarding how far away laser lights can actually reach.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

In this particular case, however, I was more interested in the video and trying to solve the puzzle of what was actually seen. Even if Mike had claimed here, on ATS, that he had seen aliens, I would probably have invested some time in looking into it anyway.

But, I see your point. Perhaps I should be a bit more suspicious myself. That might save me from embarrassing myself in the future.

I, too was more interested in the puzzle of what it actually was, for personal reasons that I stated earlier in the thread. I think a good, healthy mixture of skepticism/suspicion and open-mindedness is what's called for. Hopefully you don't feel that you embarrassed yourself here...you broke things down without being judgmental or showing any obvious bias. I, for one, appreciated seeing that approach...a breath of fresh air is always welcome.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

The Jerusalem UFO also went viral and is a proven hoax. This was debunked on the first page. It seems weird that the person defending this so hard also left the scene while the "ufo" was still hovering.

I have to agree with you on that one. And the response after the second time you asked him about it was, in my opinion, an affectation of innocence, which pissed me off enough to say something about it. It's still not sitting well with me, but I don't think he personally deliberately hoaxed it.

ETA: My friend says she thinks he didn't hoax it, but he realized after the fact what was actually causing it and felt silly, so he's feigning innocence. That is entirely plausible, and would explain his behavior on the thread.

edit on 314312America/ChicagoFri, 02 Oct 2015 00:43:32 -050031am31274America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Great vid....DEF not fake or cgi.

Have no idea.....except a small tear in our time line!! Who knows

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Looks more like he is catching the headlights from cars at an intersection. Its moving and changing because the cars are either turning, or moving out of the field of reflect. I have seen this so many times on these types of videos, they look really valid, up until a car passes by and totally discredits the video

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
One other possibility is a searchlight being used for advertising purposes. I remember seeing one of these recently being used at a car dealer.

Note that this was not the store mentioned in the OP.

This company sells and rents these devices.

If we knew more about local events, including fairs and big sales events, we might be able to pin it down to a specific location.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join