It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Right Wing has a new favorite Presidential Candidate

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: luthier

So an opinion,I would appreaciate that be claimed.
Not fact at all.

What is an opinion? That Ted Cruz wants to rewrite the history of our forefathers..that's no opinion. Nor if you study the actual treaties and writing of the founders. Like I said they would not support any religious laws. Jefferson didn't even believe in the bible and it can be said of many of the forefathers. If you need the evidence of any of my claims I am happy to oblige.

Or just hide behind ambiguous phrases I already showed how the fathers themselves would be in complete disagreement with a conservative like Cruz.
edit on 27-9-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Jefferson was a deist and yet also an Episcopalian. He would take issue with what he would view as erroneous doctrine(being that the Holy Roman Empire put together the collection which we call the Bible and forgot a few things....) , but this does not mean he was not religious and it does not mean that he meant to eradicate religion from the public square. Progressives truly love to skew things.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Are you making fun of someone of Cuban ethnicity? Looks like it to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The president doesn't enforce laws that's another branch called the judicial branch.

Yah the current one is just making up his own laws because he can't make Congress do his authoritarian bidding....I love how people screaming theocrat when they are supporting an authoritarian anyway.....in the famous words of Hillary....what difference does it make...

However the President is supposed to let the laws that Congress pass work....we all know what's been going on...
edit on 27-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Jefferson was a deist and yet also an Episcopalian. He would take issue with what he would view as erroneous doctrine(being that the Holy Roman Empire put together the collection which we call the Bible and forgot a few things....) , but this does not mean he was not religious and it does not mean that he meant to eradicate religion from the public square. Progressives truly love to skew things.

Wrong again. Do you know what a deist is?

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors.
-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

You say you are a Calvinist. I am not. I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Ezra Stiles Ely, June 25, 1819

If we did a good act merely from love of God and a belief that it is pleasing to Him, whence arises the morality of the Atheist? ...Their virtue, then, must have had some other foundation than the love of God.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Thomas Law, June 13, 1814

I have lots more too

PS you are confused they were epicurians. Not at all the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The president doesn't enforce laws that's another branch called the judicial branch.

Yah the current one is just making up his own laws because he can't make Congress do his authoritarian bidding....I love how people screaming theocrat when they are supporting an authoritarian anyway.....in the famous words of Hillary....what difference does it make...

However the President is supposed to let the laws that Congress pass work....we all know what's been going on...

We agree there...not a fan of that either. Bush did it too.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Seriously going to blame of the nations woes on the 'secular' gov?
That is cute, forgot how peachy it was before obama took office.

Which is who you are really trying to blame this all on right?

More "they hate christians but love sharia law" tripe.

I wasn't a proponent of Bush either....both Bushes are Skull and Bonesmen. Grandpappy Bush did fund the Nazi regime....it was in fact quite interesting when Bush Bonesman ran against Kerry Bonesman....would things have been much different under the Kerry Bonesman? Probly not, except we would have seen a lot more of the Climate Change bull because we know the elite Bilderbergs want a global tax no matter how they have to get it.
I don't necessarily think that current Occupier of WH is secular. It's hard to tell what with Valerie Jarrett and all. There may be some Occultic stuff too...and then theres the BLT stuff with his pastor... and the rather left leaning Rick Warren. I think he is somewhat of a chameleon. It's interesting because secular humanism was declared a religion by the signers of the Humanist Manifesto, but they changed their tune when Christians challenged their domination of the educational system, because if Humanists call themselves a religion then by default they would have to stop parading their wares in the schoolrooms...you know all that separation of church and state stuff....

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

That still does not mean he did not believe in God. But you know I was going from this website which says he was both an Episcopalian and a Deist.

Thomas Jefferson Virginia Episcopalian (Deist)

and if you click the link you get this...incidentally you skipped part of the paragraph

< Return to Religion of History's 100 Most Influential People
< Return to Famous Episcopalians

The Religious Affiliation of Third U.S. President
Thomas Jefferson

President Thomas Jefferson was a Protestant. Jefferson was raised as an Episcopalian (Anglican). He was also influenced by English Deists and has often been identified by historians as a Deist. He held many beliefs in common with Unitarians of the time period, and sometimes wrote that he thought the whole country would become Unitarian. He wrote that the teachings of Jesus contain the "outlines of a system of the most sublime morality which has ever fallen from the lips of man."

www.adherents.com...

I just love it when people deliberately leave stuff out to make a point....

And something else interesting I found on that page...

From: Rick Shenkman, "An Interview with Jon Butler ... Was America Founded as a Christian Nation?", posted 20 December 2004 on History News Network website (hnn.us...; viewed 30 November 2005):

The principal Founding Fathers--Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin--were in fact deeply suspicious of a European pattern of governmental involvement in religion. They were deeply concerned about an involvement in religion because they saw government as corrupting religion. Ministers who were paid by the state and paid by the government didn't pay any attention to their parishes.

let me just say that again.... deeply concerned about an involvement in religion because they saw government as corrupting religion(not the other way around)....
edit on 27-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
OH WOW!! Did you guys watch the eclipse? I'm fortunate to live on top of a hill.....and we got to watch the whole thing.

The little neighbor girl who was sitting there with us said, "It's not red, it's orange!!!"
And I said - "YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!" We all looked through the binoculars (their parents also), and then after a while the two of them (I'd say, 3 and 5) went running out into the grass and 'pretended' to have binoculars while they were looking at it.

And a bunch of the other neighbors came out, too!!!!

Wow. That was amazing. A neighborhood bonding moment. Definitely.

edit on 9/27/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Seriously going to blame of the nations woes on the 'secular' gov?
That is cute, forgot how peachy it was before obama took office.

Which is who you are really trying to blame this all on right?

More "they hate christians but love sharia law" tripe.

I wasn't a proponent of Bush either....both Bushes are Skull and Bonesmen. Grandpappy Bush did fund the Nazi regime....it was in fact quite interesting when Bush Bonesman ran against Kerry Bonesman....would things have been much different under the Kerry Bonesman? Probly not, except we would have seen a lot more of the Climate Change bull because we know the elite Bilderbergs want a global tax no matter how they have to get it.
I don't necessarily think that current Occupier of WH is secular. It's hard to tell what with Valerie Jarrett and all. There may be some Occultic stuff too...and then theres the BLT stuff with his pastor... and the rather left leaning Rick Warren. I think he is somewhat of a chameleon. It's interesting because secular humanism was declared a religion by the signers of the Humanist Manifesto, but they changed their tune when Christians challenged their domination of the educational system, because if Humanists call themselves a religion then by default they would have to stop parading their wares in the schoolrooms...you know all that separation of church and state stuff....

Like how the religious freedom laws allowed satanist to get a statue approved in an Oklahoma public building because of the ten commandments? Yeah there should be seperarion.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Jefferson was a deist and yet also an Episcopalian.

GASP!!! Just like ME!!!

Amazing.

(Well, I'm not a practicing Episcopalian any more....but, yeah - that's the faith into which I was baptized, confirmed, and so on and so forth and scooby dooby doo)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

That still does not mean he did not believe in God. But you know I was going from this website which says he was both an Episcopalian and a Deist.

and if you click the link you get this...incidentally you skipped part of the paragraph

Thomas Jefferson

President Thomas Jefferson was a Protestant. Jefferson was raised as an Episcopalian (Anglican). He was also influenced by English Deists and has often been identified by historians as a Deist. He held many beliefs in common with Unitarians of the time period, and sometimes wrote that he thought the whole country would become Unitarian. He wrote that the teachings of Jesus contain the "outlines of a system of the most sublime morality which has ever fallen from the lips of man."

www.adherents.com...

Dude I am giving you his actual words. Diests believe in God. Jefferson very clearly didn't believe Jesus was God and says so over and over again. He also in his words not a historian he is in his own sect read the damn quotes and stop being ignorant.

I was born Catholic now I am an agnostic Diest. I have extensively read John Locke, Hume, Roseau, Spinoza, Jefferson, Adams, Washington, and Paine. They all agreed Jesus was not supernatural but a wise man. I have plenty of resources in actual history books from actual quotes to dispell your ridiculous claims

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I was born Catholic now I am an agnostic Diest. I have extensively read John Locke, Hume, Roseau, Spinoza, Jefferson, Adams, Washington, and Paine. They all agreed Jesus was not supernatural but a wise man. I have plenty of resources in actual history books from actual quotes to dispell your ridiculous claims

Yeah!!!

HIGH FIVE, friend!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
OH WOW!! Did you guys watch the eclipse? I'm fortunate to live on top of a hill.....and we got to watch the whole thing.

The little neighbor girl who was sitting there with us said, "It's not red, it's orange!!!"
And I said - "YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!" We all looked through the binoculars (their parents also), and then after a while the two of them (I'd say, 3 and 5) went running out into the grass and 'pretended' to have binoculars while they were looking at it.

And a bunch of the other neighbors came out, too!!!!

Wow. That was amazing. A neighborhood bonding moment. Definitely.

Gave you a star for your enthusiastic post. I actually got a bit spooked standing in my yard because it's really kind of a big mountain and very dark back there....

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Gee, thanks.

Sorry you got spooked. It's just an eclipse.

It happens.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Thomas Jefferson

www.adherents.com...

And something else interesting I found on that page...

From: Rick Shenkman, "An Interview with Jon Butler ... Was America Founded as a Christian Nation?", posted 20 December 2004 on History News Network website (hnn.us...; viewed 30 November 2005):

The principal Founding Fathers--Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin--were in fact deeply suspicious of a European pattern of governmental involvement in religion. They were deeply concerned about an involvement in religion because they saw government as corrupting religion. Ministers who were paid by the state and paid by the government didn't pay any attention to their parishes.

let me just say that again.... deeply concerned about an involvement in religion because they saw government as corrupting religion(not the other way around)....

Your beyond help I am afraid. Yes you are partly correct. But again I just gave you several quotes showing how religious laws are replaced by reason. He viewed Christianity as a superstition. They also didn't want to rock the boat because other founders like John Jay were very religious.

It wasn't the other way around it was both ways.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Gee, thanks.

Sorry you got spooked. It's just an eclipse.

It happens.

thanks, it was really because two winters ago a mountain lion traipsed through someones yard in the Valley...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yeah!!!

HIGH FIVE, friend!!!!!

Thanks...high five to you...

I have to calm down nothing makes me more mad than people who ignore actual proof from the actual persons mouth. They have the darn letters and documents in the founders writing. I was lucky to grow up in the north east where my "humanist liberal education". Allowed me to examine the actual papers written by the actual people not jaded historians pandering to the Christian right.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Magellan is supposed to have said:

“The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen its shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church.”
(The quote, of course, is disputed....and perhaps was invented by someone else much later. But it still resonates as absolute SENSE.)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Ah. Okay.

Have a great night.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join