It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Right Wing has a new favorite Presidential Candidate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
THe "values voters" summit, which is a group of really devoted, right wing, grass-roots, political activists, just met and had their quadrennial straw poll for their choice for President. Maybe not surprisingly, Donald Trump is not on their short list. No, "values voters" value someone who has Tea Party connections, surprise, surprise. Their number one candidate is Ted Cruz, the Texas senator who is known for publicly questioning the honesty of leaders of his own party, as well as continually orchestrating blockings (not sure of the best word here) and government shutdowns.What many may not know is that Cruz's father is an Evangelical preacher who has called for right-wing Evangelicals to take over the government and steal everything from all of us who aren't also right-wing fanatics (seriously).

news.yahoo.com...

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The Left Wing has a new favorite Presidential Candidate .....

The Devil's Advocate .

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
THe "values voters" summit, which is a group of really devoted, right wing, grass-roots, political activists, just met and had their quadrennial straw poll for their choice for President. Maybe not surprisingly, Donald Trump is not on their short list. No, "values voters" value someone who has Tea Party connections, surprise, surprise. Their number one candidate is Ted Cruz, the Texas senator who is known for publicly questioning the honesty of leaders of his own party, as well as continually orchestrating blockings (not sure of the best word here) and government shutdowns.What many may not know is that Cruz's father is an Evangelical preacher who has called for right-wing Evangelicals to take over the government and steal everything from all of us who aren't also right-wing fanatics (seriously).

news.yahoo.com...

The Democrats would like nothing more than Ted Cruz to be the GOP golden boy. They are actually beginning to worry about the Donald.
edit on 26-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Can someone tell me why a right wing fanatic is worse than a left wing fanatic?

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I believe Mr. Cruz suffers terribly from insanity.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

There is that old saying about the line between genius and insanity. Clearly, Ted Cruz is insanely smart, even liberal Alan Dershowitz admits that Cruz is one of Harvard's greatest law students. I'm a Rand Paul guy, but he has no shot, so Cruz would be my #2 choice.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I tell ya what people ?

Now that Boehner is out a relatively 'moderate'.

You just may be looking at a Trump nomination.

Just maybe be looking at a Trump presidency too.

Careful what you wish for people.

You just might get it.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well in this case, Ted Cruz is a theocrat.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Insanely smart?

His first move would be to alienate 5 of our allies.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

There is more involved in being "insanely smart" then having a high IQ, or being a Harvard Graduate. One must also have solid sense when it comes to people, emotionality, and practicality. Other inherent characteristics are the abilities to compromise, and understand the viewpoints of others; as well as get along with others.

His mind is apparently completely closed, which certainly doesn't lend itself to "insanely smart". On the contrary.

edit on 9/26/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Authoritarians come in all flavors. Left wing fanatics would be just as authoritarian, just without religion as an excuse.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A flash in the pan,if you will.The only reason he did well in those polls was his religious backed speech to a high majority religious crowd. He will fade back into darkness soon enough

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Well those are quite some attributes that you just pulled out of your ass. I've never heard of "getting along with others" as a characteristic of intelligence. I guess you must think Obama is a total dunce then, he certainly doesn't play well with others.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Kali74

Authoritarians come in all flavors. Left wing fanatics would be just as authoritarian, just without religion as an excuse.

Oh they have religion too.

They just deify the state, and worship at the alter of statolartry.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: CB328

The Left Wing has a new favorite Presidential Candidate .....

The Devil's Advocate .

Comedy Central has a new favorite Presidential Candidate ......

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am anti-authoritarian which means I am against most of the candidates from both political parties. I don't think Cruz is any worse than Bernie Sanders. Both of them want to meddle with my life even if they will do it for different reasons and in different ways. They can all kiss my Libertarian butt.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I believe Mr. Cruz suffers terribly from insanity.

So does Bernie.

Instead of two establishment choices. We could have two nut house choices. I know which one I'd pick if that were the case.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Can someone tell me why a right wing fanatic is worse than a left wing fanatic?

Because Right wing fanatics worship war and will get your children killed fighting the Muslim hordes.

you ok with that?
edit on 26-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ya the one that will introduce religious law at the will of the majority and against the will of the minority right?

Small gov!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No we don't. Stop spreading ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join