It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of 16 Kushite pyramids discovered in Sudan :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

ne of 16 pyramids uncovered in a cemetery in the ancient town of Gematon in Sudan. The pyramid likely rose more than 39 feet (12 meters) in height [Credit: D. A. Welsby; Copyright SARS NDRS Archive].

he remains of 16 pyramids with tombs underneath have been discovered in a cemetery near the ancient town of Gematon in Sudan.

They date back around 2,000 years, to a time when a kingdom called "Kush" flourished in Sudan. Pyramid building was popular among the Ku#es. They built them until their kingdom collapsed in the fourth century AD. Derek Welsby, a curator at the British Museum in London, and his team have been excavating at Gematon since 1998, uncovering the 16 pyramids, among many other finds, in that time. "So far, we've excavated six made out of stone and 10 made out of mud brick," Welsby said. The largest pyramid found at Gematon was 10.6 meters (about 35 feet) long on each side and would have risen around 13 m (43 feet) off the ground. Wealthy and powerful individuals built some of the pyramids, while people of more modest means built the others, Welsby said. "They're not just the upper-elite burials," he said.

Read more at: archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.jp...-pyramids.html#.VgczOOyqqkp
Follow us: @ArchaeoNewsNet on Twitter | groups/thearchaeologynewsnetwork/ on Facebook

At first I thought it was of the same find earlier this year,but no this is quite new ,Kush now in fact is the land of the Pyramids as it boast more pyramids so far than in Kemet add to the fact that folks of humbler means could afford to get their own built a thing as far as I know was never allowed to take place in Kemet.
If I were an archaeologist looking to make a name for myself I'd take my shovel and measuring kit to the Sudan, so much is hidden under the sand and at the bottom of the Nile just waiting for someone to discover it.
pls klik the link for more.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
So they like a bunch of smaller pyramids rather than a few large ones,

Wonder what the ancient aliens were thinking on this one.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

They really loved their seasonal dials, egypt went overkill on them tho, all praise saturn the god of one season!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

Oh they got a few large ones too, the earlier kings built big , but yeah bigger is not always better although it make for greater tourist attraction.
edit on 26-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Hi Spider, that is really interesting. I'd always imagined pyramids as something only for royalty, not for the subjects. Were the Pharoahs of Egypt just copying a more ancient tradition, but on a mega scale?

Great post,

B x

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The Ku#e pyramids may have come after the Atlantis/Egyptian ones. The Egyptian pyramids are built with some kind of technology. The measurements are just too precise. My theory is that when Atlantis sunk, some of the survivors migrated to Africa. Others went to North and South America.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
The Ku#e pyramids may have come after the Atlantis/Egyptian ones. The Egyptian pyramids are built with some kind of technology. The measurements are just too precise. My theory is that when Atlantis sunk, some of the survivors migrated to Africa. Others went to North and South America.

errr, ok. but that is not your theory
and you should probably study up on genetics to find out why its laughably untrue
genographic.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie

Considering conventional theory puts the 'large ones' being built at least 2500 years before these Sudanese ones were built, and unconventionally anything up to 25000 years before these smaller pyramids, i'd say the ancient aliens were thinking..."Bah..amateurs" or something like that (they hate copycats).

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Hi Spider, that is really interesting. I'd always imagined pyramids as something only for royalty, not for the subjects. Were the Pharoahs of Egypt just copying a more ancient tradition, but on a mega scale?

Great post,

B x

Naaw they build pyramids way before kush, a dude called Imhotep simply placed one mastaba on top the other which was a box like structure to get a pyramid,folks from Kush were more conservative during that era and keep using the traditional way, in Kemet heaven was for the upper crusties before the first intermediate period, hundreds of yrs later Kush was more progressive, everyone gets a pyramid..YOU get a Pyramid and You get a Pyramid Everyone gets a pyramid next Oprah

And they made mistakes along the way there is the bent pyramid which nobody talks about and other fails.. call it trial and error.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join