It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestles - I Am No Longer Sure They Deserve Us As Consumers, Are You?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: SaturnFX

Notice the lush lawn, a small lake? and is that a swimming pool up near the house?

It's okay though. He can afford his water. He's worth it.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
Boycott is highly underestimated - we could change the face of the American economy through boycott.

Boycott means people expressing their own power through their purchases. Nestle would not even exist if people would simply stop purchasing their products.

Nestle is just as bad as Monsanto in my opinion; they take GMO products made by Monsanto and distribute this in food products to the population.

Confirme d: DNA From Genetically Modified Crops Can Be Transferred Into Humans Who Eat Them

Advances in genome science over the past few years have revealed that organisms can share their genes. Prior to this, it had been thought that genes were shared only between individual members of a species through reproduction. Geneticists usually followed the inheritance of genes in what they would call a ‘vertical’ fashion, such as breeding a male and female -you follow their offspring and continue down the road from there. Today, scientists recognize that genes are shared not only among the individual members of a species, but also among members of different species.

Boycott wont happen. they make hot pockets. that is simply irresistable.
but what can happen is a movement to protect our rights to water access (not bottled, but lakes, etc) and make sure it remains a government function to make sure water availability is provided to its citizens. once that is established, nestle can desire to control the winds and rain all it wants (its a corporation after all), but laws will protect us from that nonsense.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ypperst

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I'm surprised nobody has tried to claim oxygen and charge for it. Seriously.

Lol, a danish politican just said yesterday that they should begin taxing air.

So, here we goo!

If they taxed air and actually used the money to clean it up (cough*china*cough) but you know they wouldn't.

This guy here, the Nestle guy, only wants to do it for personal gain. Nestle already sells bottled water. They can keep it.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheShadows

2 reasons, some of the products are needed in some countries and they employ many people that would be affected, but I would not lose much sleep if most of the products did not find their way into a basket.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I hardly think hotpockets (enema inducing vomit) are the standard for why the boycott would not happen, they do offer many products that are more deserving.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I hardly think hotpockets (enema inducing vomit) are the standard for why the boycott would not happen, they do offer many products that are more deserving.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If you really want to get your blood boiling, you should take a look at Nestle Health Science:

Nestle Health Science

Talk about double dipping!

So little known fact... there is a condition called Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth. Most IBS and IBD (irritable bowel syndrome and disease) and even Crohn's Disease sufferers have it. It can be caused by a few different things, but as the research is continuing to show, it comes from poor eating habits... such as munching down a bunch of Nestle chocolates and food products that contain ingredients such as Trisodium Phosphate, which is a CLEANING agent.

Nestle Health Science (a division of Nestle obviously) offers a miraculous product for such a problem, called an elemental diet. This diet consists of drinking nothing but their product for a few weeks. It contains all of the proteins, carbs, amino acids and enzymes needed to "starve" the bad bacteria while you still get the nutrition you need to survive.

Here is the kicker...

Nestle food products are cheap... a chocolate bar is $1 or so, cereal and infant formula is a few dollars more... and these products are what help CAUSE the above diseases.

YET... the Nestle Health Science product for the elemental diet, costs over $70 for a 2-DAY SUPPLY! And you have to take it for several weeks for it to be effective. The product is called Vivonex Plus if you'd like to look it up yourselves. It usually can only be ordered by a healthcare professional or hospital, and you're looking at hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars to get it.

So, they have one part of the company that feeds you this garbage for pennies on the dollar, and as soon as you get sick from it and need something to help cure or remedy the problems and diseases that stem from their crappy food and water products, they charge you 100 times more.

They are a sick, disgusting company that obviously only cares about profits and nothing else. The top advisors in the company absolutely have to know that one arm of the company is basically cheaply poisoning people only to profit in the other arm of the company that gets many times more the money to help cure you of said poison. And of course, they will say something like "it's up to the consumer to be responsible about what they consume and eat..."

I have long since boycotted Nestle products from my home and will never consume something of theirs ever again, and I urge you all to do the same. They aren't the only ones either, there are plenty of other companies that do the same thing and double-dip on both sides.

If you look at the boards of Directors and who sits on them for these huge transnational corporations, you'll see that the same people sit on multiple boards of other companies as well. Some will sit on the board of one company that makes cheap, crappy food, knowing that it's cheap and crappy, and then go sit on another board of another company that manufactures products or services that complement the cheap and crappy food, just like Nestle does, except not as obvious to the public.

LittleSis.Org

The above link is eye-opening to say the least. You can see the connections yourselves, and see who the most corrupt people and groups are. I encourage everyone to dig and start chopping these groups off at the knees.

Nestle is evil, and if you look up their history on what they've done to babies with their infant formula, it will make you sick... that's another post for a different time.

~Namaste

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Does Canada add fluoride to the tap water? The US does and the Nazis before the U.S. Maybe one of the 10,000 Nazis that signed on after WWII thought it would work good here too..

Problem for Fluoride, it stops tooth decay which is supposedly good, but bad at the same time for us. Why don't they just separate fluoride and clean water? I mean we got fluoride pastes. I mean tooth paste.

If you don't want cavity, then stop eating unnatural sugar like candies or too much sweets like maple syrup. Wash your mouth every day morning and night. And eat some bacteria killing fruits/veges like lemon/hot pepper.
edit on 29-9-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

I recently began my boycott of Nestle products after reading how they are paying the San Bernardino National Forest an (expired) annual permit fee of only $524 to draw millions of gallons of water per year from there for bottled water products. That hardly seems fair to society, much less the citizens of California who are experiencing a severe drought. Now Nestle is trying to rip off the citizens of Oregon. I'm done with Nestle, and hope others will do the same.

Here are some links discussing this...

Expired Water Permit

Water Bottling Proposal

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Nestle have also "in recent times", tried to patent the common Fennel flower and several other plants used in natural medicine, claiming that anywhere these plants grew naturally, would either have to be destroyed or the countries involved pay to keep the plants in the natural environment.

Nestle has a snowballs chance in hell of ever getting a patent on a natural resource that is both readily available and widespread. Just can't be done..!! Same goes with water.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why stop at Nestle? Taking advantage of the consumer and the environment isn't restricted to Nestle's DNA, it's the natural consequence of non-local, centralized provision. You knock down one monster and another will rise and if you endeavor to create laws that make companies more accountable they will fight you because we are funding their dominate legal counsel with our mass reliance on their products. A company isn't a human, and it will do whatever it takes to defend and increase its market share up to and including subverting your honest efforts at curtailing their power through government and law.

All non-local provision is unethical from an ecological standpoint and incremental steps to supply our own provision is as objectively ethical as it gets.

There are plenty of homemade designs for distilling our own water. The products that make up a lot of these designs are, for the most part, also manufactured and shipped non-locally and this is still a problem. There may be ways to distill water with less of a manufacturing footprint, but the upside to buying renewable sources of provision that are regrettably manufactured offsite is that your purchasing frequency goes way down and that is another way of permanently subverting unethical corporate practices.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SlickMcFavorite

What's the easiest way to make a permanent water distilling rig with home materials? Any links? I have been looking for a good DIY project.

O a side note, SonOfTheLawOne I can't believe I never put two and two together like that! Saying they want to make us pay for water is one thing, but the poison/cure situation is outright diabolical in a way. It's already going on right now, as we speak. I am never eating another nestle product ever again.

I mean I did used to love Nerd's rope but I can get as much sugar from 1 apple.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SlickMcFavorite

Why stop at Nestle?

I try not to. I learned long ago the most powerful vote I have is with the way my money is spent. Buying goods or services from a company is much like a Yes vote. This strategy can go but so far, of course; and, ultimately, change must come from top down to attack the root of the problem. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening in my lifetime. But it doesn't stop me from refusing to support corporate greed whenever feasible.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Thankfully, almost all of their food and beverage products are really, really gross, so for me, they're easy to avoid, without putting much thought to it.

As far as corporations controlling the water, build a desalination plant and compete for our fresh water business. Best of luck to you.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOneI sent you a U2U you are a hero, and just saved me for a potentially harmful medical decision.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Attentionwandered

What's the easiest way to make a permanent water distilling rig with home materials? Any links? I have been looking for a good DIY project.

Here is a youtube video using picture frame glass and cooking pans:

This can easily be scaled up and improved upon but the basic science of it is communicated well. The water source could be a grey water setup filtering your shower and sink drainage through plants in a type of staggered bog system before entering your still. A less complex approach, which could be used in tandem with the above strategy or in place of it, is to collect your rainwater and design your gutters to dump the 1st 5 gallons or so before it goes into the tank. They have passive ways to do this. Have fun

Btw, you might consider buying trace minerals to supplement what you would normally get from a freshwater source or from the municipal tap in the case that you are not getting a sufficient supply of nutrients from your garden. Of course getting it from your garden or that of your neighbor's would be consistent with your efforts to localize your waterworks as well.
edit on 1-10-2015 by SlickMcFavorite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa

This strategy can go but so far, of course; and, ultimately, change must come from top down to attack the root of the problem. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening in my lifetime. But it doesn't stop me from refusing to support corporate greed whenever feasible.

I understand and agree that if we could project into the future when humans will reach their inevitable ecological niche (again arguably), the date by which it would be accomplished to the degree of actually increasing biodiversity worldwide, probably won't be during the lifetime of any living person today. But I could be wrong and the interest in becoming more of a blessing to our home and actually fitting into our environment the way other animals do, is increasing at a crazy rate. I'm finding that things like Permaculture and future generation-oriented thinking is becoming more and more common and if you understand from your own personal experience...once you knew something to be true, you couldn't un-know it and your only option then is to act on it or try to torment yourself by ignoring it.

I agree that self-sufficiency can only go so far but to the extent that your local community should provide the remainder of your needs and synergize with your production/waste cycles. Unfortunately, I can't agree that there are limits to your self-sufficiency that only "top down" solutions compensate for. I believe that the top's power is artificial and is relative to the power we surrender locally.
edit on 1-10-2015 by SlickMcFavorite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join