It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nestles - I Am No Longer Sure They Deserve Us As Consumers, Are You?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

It is rather strange that they would call for the privatization of water when they already take whatever they want and turn around and sell it at 1000% profit. I think what grabbed my attention was that they suggested all water should be owned by corporations, as if citizens have no right to own their own water on their own property, or that no citizens should benefit from the natural water formations throughout the world without corporate involvement.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Now now, settle down...I am glad to see you have a grasp and your conscience is clear, but this is a family environment!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I would not be surprised to find out that many of their products have been genetically modified and that they have been poisoning us for decades. I am sure this is only one gigantic issue in a multitude of scenarios where Nestles is involved in unscrupulous methods.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Canned air is already being manufactured. Commercialized for use to clean, but not the same as privatizing all water.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah but chocolate is only one aspect of Nestles. I am sure many of these products are in your home or have been before, correct?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I like cheerios. But I will manage without them. I'm done with Nestles.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Boycott Nestle and petition the French for a special dispensation to execution by guillotine Mssr. Brabeck-Letmathe.

His crime? Planned genocide for profit.

Harsh you may say? Ponder this, Governments across the world are quietly selling off water rights to these corporate pigs who will demand profit from their investment in a commodity they control and every living thing must have to live. Does anyone doubt that the price of water won't skyrocket to a point where most of us will be unable to afford it?

Many in the U.S. are not aware it is illegal to gather rainwater on your own property. So you can forget that idea.

Ask yourself what's the motivation, what's the ultimate goal.
edit on 9/26/2015 by dezertdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

While I will not advocate the outright boycott, if you should happen to not put any of their products in your shopping cart I will not be mad at you.

I would love to see some schmuck come on my property and tell me my captured rain water is illegal, my foot could not reach far enough where that sun don't shine.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Cheerios is the only product you have in your pantry from Nestles? Wow, I had to remove about 100 items from mine.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I'm surprised nobody has tried to claim oxygen and charge for it. Seriously. In terms of survival, water is second only to oxygen.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A while back Nestle tried to buy Ferrero, maker of Nutella. So far, it hasn't happened. But Nestle hasn't done their company any favors by making these horribly hostile comments. Absurd.

1- air
2- water
3-food

They already have 3 , now trying for 2. If they get that, whats to stop them from going after 1? Nothing

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: dezertdog

While I will not advocate the outright boycott, if you should happen to not put any of their products in your shopping cart I will not be mad at you.

I would love to see some schmuck come on my property and tell me my captured rain water is illegal, my foot could not reach far enough where that sun don't shine.

By all means we should give the schmucks what for!

I regret to inform however that less intrepid folk have already been fined and their contraband rainwater seized.

Oh and I've heard pointy boots work best.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

on one hand, some of what he says is true..water managment is important..especially in dry areas.

as far as where he is then leading it and who regulates, and how..well, thats where opportunist ideas comes in..so yeah, gonna go with the overall view of eff that guy and his corporation

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Notice the lush lawn, a small lake? and is that a swimming pool up near the house?

It's okay though. He can afford his water. He's worth it.

Hypocrite. Considering the subject matter he should have been embarrassed to give this message in that environment.
In the vid that follows, he says that water should be privatized, but it is not in English. It kind of makes me sick just to look at him.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Boycott is highly underestimated - we could change the face of the American economy through boycott.

Boycott means people expressing their own power through their purchases. Nestle would not even exist if people would simply stop purchasing their products.

Nestle is just as bad as Monsanto in my opinion; they take GMO products made by Monsanto and distribute this in food products to the population.

Confirme d: DNA From Genetically Modified Crops Can Be Transferred Into Humans Who Eat Them

Advances in genome science over the past few years have revealed that organisms can share their genes. Prior to this, it had been thought that genes were shared only between individual members of a species through reproduction. Geneticists usually followed the inheritance of genes in what they would call a ‘vertical’ fashion, such as breeding a male and female -you follow their offspring and continue down the road from there. Today, scientists recognize that genes are shared not only among the individual members of a species, but also among members of different species.

edit on 27-9-2015 by antoinemarionette because: added quote

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

Again, while I can not advocate an all out boycott, it would not pain me in the least if you were to ignore them.

Monsanto and Nestle are equally reprehensible and I would not be caught dead in a field either one of them frequented.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Don't care. Cadbury has better chocolate.

You may be safe in Canada but in the U.S. Hersheys produces Cadbury.
www.thehersheycompany.com...

Upon further research it looks like Nestle may own Hershey's but it is difficult to tell without further research, there is certainly licensing agreements between the two company's to manufacturer certain products while the other company' s name is on the label.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I don't buy into GMO histeria.

There's plenty of reason to boycott Nestle without making stuff up to be mad at them about.

Let's focus on facts.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: antoinemarionette

Again, while I can not advocate an all out boycott

Mind telling us why?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

This was in reply to the member who typed they were baffled by the purchase of bottled water.

I apologize for butting into Your thread. I'll stay out of anymore that You author.

So long.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I'm surprised nobody has tried to claim oxygen and charge for it. Seriously.

Lol, a danish politican just said yesterday that they should begin taxing air.

So, here we goo!

<< 1    3 >>

join