It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topic and Discussion Index for RAIL/EM/SUPERGUN and MAJESTIC-12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I can help you on a lot of the Rail Gun - Microwave Gun questions. A lot of these can be observed on Military.com. Rail Gun are in play with the major problem to be sorted out is power source to fit in a Abrams Size Armored Vehicle. Mircowave weapons are also realistic with the employment of less-than-lethal weaponry. Many weapons that everyone think are some sort of top secret government cover-up are usually kept that way for the use of foreign governments not being able to incorporate them into their future plans for anything and not keeping them from the US populace.
Take most of the "secret squirrel" weapons and they are not that far fetched but more less cost effective.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A little note on the microwave gun. During WWII the Japanese began experimenting and researching these guns. According to their records they successfully built and tested one at least. The reports say that their experiment subjects were rabbits and that with the microwave gun they were able to kill the rabbits. I don't exactly remember why, but they lost interest in the gun and abandoned their research.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yeah In Kanata we publicly have the CF - 18 which is flown by native Canadians . The CF 20 and CF 22 and new CF 24 are above top secret but as a former young test pilot I can say whatever I want I donated to the CF foundation of Canada , by the way thats not Cistic Fibroses fund its the canadian Forces funding privately by former and new native pilots . We donate land , we are changing that system to one of land reperations from criminals in North British Columbia and North Alberta . The part of the newer Hida metis rez that criminal returns to the Provinces of Alberta and British Columbia , the moneys retained go to Native Metis provincial affairs on both parts of the Hida metis rocky mountian Rez that strecthes from Nelson BC to North Western Alberta and has a massive Provincial park called jasper mountian . Instead of people trying to kill us cause we donte spruce trees NOW we will take ALL family proceeds from the main and secondary Coastal Rez here in Kanata in BC and Alberta and the crime funds go to fund ,the CF foundation and keep everything top secret and guys like me will fade into nothin as we enjoy our lives . Donating is hard not on the pocketbook as a patriot but hard to deal with the enemy breathing down yer neck .

The farmland and city suburbs metroplexes and devisions we are asseying and taking away from BC and Alberta bad guys , that land becomes ourz in the Native Government all sales final .

We are building 2 CF 22 types both are in pictures in Government offices in canada one is silver and it is the size of half a football field and one is white steel and the ship is the size of a soccer field . They use anti gravitational propulsion systems and our human Canuck CF X wing is the new 1 seater are Buick which is classifed . We have blue thunder pattented , Amerika has red flame and Russia has the final patent on hellflame engines in thier spaceships .

Our iriquois power our new birds uptop to fly beyond and that is also claossifed but our ships with the Iriquopis enginmes afre in the beggining the of the new Battlerstare Gilatica . Thats us with the alien fleet that visit our solar system . For the next million years it is the CF foundation and its test planes to pluto but we have the patent and the prototytpe and criminalz will pay for our new test designs if they dont LEAVE our Country .

One last thingy ,. the planes the Cf 22 and 24 aernt alien craft don't lie on Amerikan national 6 oclok newscast and say they are above Tecoma washington , the old CBC film documetary from the 1990's is about the Cf project and how it gets scrambeled thru its private fundraisers like myself . is Hope BC guy that is above to secret and classifed but you can buy the poster of it all .

We hear you 5 billion humans don't hate us for our race this aint racist , you are scared OK there is NOTHIN goin on in canada just us catching crooks with the RCMP ok buddy ?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

You know, this all sounds very similar to the books, for the video game "Halo" where there spaceships have what is called a "MAC Gun", or "Magnetic Accelerator Cannons."

And while, yes, I recognize this is from a fiction book series, you have to look at where Star Trek affected the current industry, where the "communicator" is where our flip-phone of today is designed after, as well as the self-opening doors on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise, and is in essence the doors at Wal-Mart with the electronic eye, to see the implications of this type of "fiction" and where it can lead the future into the stars with intergalactic travel and space colonization.

A "MAC Gun" is essence a higher form of the "railgun" in that it the major difference, is when Hitler introduced "Big Bertha" it had to travel via railroads, and if you think about that for a moment, a gun that big, would fit perfectly into a star cruiser and battleship of space.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
As I say HERE the Big Bertha was a World War I (Great War) howitzer and was not introduced by Hitler and, first of all, was not a railgun...

[edit on 8-9-2008 by ImShrike]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImShrike
As I say HERE the Big Bertha was a World War I (Great War) howitzer and was not introduced by Hitler and, first of all, was not a railgun...

Okay, I'm going to clarify my previous statement.

I was referencing all the website links, provided by the original poster, not just "Big Bertha."

I did not take the time to reference all of those website, my post was more or less a catch-all statement.

And, if you consider, Big Bertha, was on railroad tracks, and a cannon, this is the initializing process towards a railgun, in a sense.

They found like you said, there were too many flaws, but those flaws can be reverse engineered (
Train reference and reverse building reference) and put forth in the manner I am referencing here.

If possible, I'll work up a thread, for the process, from start to finish, and backwards as well, but will start it in the Research Forum, where not many people can slow it down, and actual research can take place.

Think of it in a simple manner here, if you take all the flawed machinery, examined the details of the flaws, tore the machines apart down to the gaskets and seal, as well as every single bolt, and there threw messload of scientists into the mix, like the JASON Group as well as D.A.R.P.A, and a few other hushed groups, I guaratnee it can be accomplished.

It would take time, money, manpower, and stealth.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Ahh... I believe you are confused about the type of "railgun" they are refering to for this topic. I think you mean a gun thats uses magnetics? A gauss gun also known as a coilgun. Uses a series of magnets(either permanant or more commony electromagnets) to accelerate a metal projectile to high speed. Theres a big group of hobbiests who build smaller versions, and the Navy has tested a large gauss gun.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have seen this in popular science/mechanics before. Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
We need to talk. Send someone to pick me up.
R.S.O.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey
Ahh... I believe you are confused about the type of "railgun" they are refering to for this topic. I think you mean a gun thats uses magnetics? A gauss gun also known as a coilgun. Uses a series of magnets(either permanant or more commony electromagnets) to accelerate a metal projectile to high speed. Theres a big group of hobbiests who build smaller versions, and the Navy has tested a large gauss gun.

I have to assume you were directing your post to me because of the railgun verses gauss cannon comment.

I know what both are and both are similiar in various stages.

One is completely mechanical, the other utilizing magnetism to propel an object hurtling it through space.

I see both the before and after, the railgun being before, and gauss cannon being after.

When I look at schematics I see both the reality of what something is in the planning/built stages, as well as what it has a potential towards becoming.

A simple example would be how I can see the Segway and how it can be implemented into a Mech-Warrior type platform, because of both the gyroscopic nature of keeping it vertical as well as the base platform of how it is built.

The same principle applies to Big Bertha, the railgun, and gauss cannon to me.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Rail Cannons are interesting they go really fast, so in the end i would think it is a good Anti-ship weapon in space, until we get a Artificial Dark Hole Generator.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If I remember correctly before Saddam left office Iraq had also experimented with some sort of super gun. Such a weapon would be a cheap alternative to expensive missles and yes if good enough could be used to reach space from ground or ground from space. Even used in air to air or space to space targets.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here is another link for Majestic 12. Augustus is the Latin name for majestic. MJ 12 is so esoteric, could there be a link to Julius Augustus Caesar? Maybe hidden for example in Kryptos K4?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
the germans also had a big cannon that sat on special rail cars, that was supposed to be used for long distance shelling on bunkers and what not, but you may have already known that.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I thought the Germans did not get a chance to develop it i could be wrong

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

The Germans developed most everything...twice......

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HatchetHouse89
the germans also had a big cannon that sat on special rail cars, that was supposed to be used for long distance shelling on bunkers and what not, but you may have already known that.

The Germans used telephone poles on Normandy Beach to fool the invaders into thinking they were large artillery pieces.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
How to Make a Rail Gun From a Disposable Camera
www.ehow.com/how_6069392_make-rail-gun-​disposable-camera

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Kirtland Air Force Base.........directed energy weapon's systems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join