It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think i'm about to be evicted, need advice.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Cheers for the support.

The right thing does not seem to matter to these people. They will use the law to meet there own agenda. Whats morally correct seems to be nether here nor there. Im beginning to get really angry. Obviously i have not yet even laid my poor wee granny to rest. If i snap i will snap big time, i feel mentally unhinged. i honestly dont know what i am going to do, but the next bureaucratic little totalitarian monkey that tells me face to face. "That is an offal situation but there's really nothing they can do because its the law" could quite possible end up picking teeth out there own coupon. Im not violent by nature any more, but these housing association muppets seem to be attempting to release the beast.

I dont know whats next. I simply just dont!

As to Shelter, cant even find someone to speak to just email which simply does not convey the situation properly.

Its bank holiday Monday next week i cannot even get the lady in question into the ground before foreseeably next Thursday or Friday, a week to 14 days after such i imagine its time to meet the bailiffs. They better bring big sticks!
edit on 26-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I am so, so sorry to hear that your granny died so recently. Saying goodbye has to be your priority right now, bureaucratic monkey #s can wait a day or 2.

This will drive you mad if you let it, which is easy for me to say I know, but I've had similar situations with private (bastard) landlords and it is incredibly stressful.

Shelter's number is 0808 800 4444 and I hope they can help. If not the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman is your best bet for a phone call (Freephone 0800 377 7330 or call 0131 225 5300). If there is one thing that makes HA's move, and move quickly it's a complaint to the Ombudsman. link to site

In your other thread you mention how the HA has treated you, and that is exactly the kind of thing the SPSO needs to hear about.
I saw the photo of your granny and she looks beautiful, a very kind woman.

Let us know how you're doing, because if I can help you I will.

B x
They are behaving deplorably, with no attempt to take your personal circumstances into account

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Ile try the Shelter's number (0808 800 4444) on Monday, who knows this time i may even receive some help.

Your support is greatly appreciated. Your reply "let us know how you're doing, because if I can help you I will." is touching. Thanx for that.

My wee Granny was a character, probably one of the only people that ever had time for me as a child, hence my respect.

Deplorable behavior in this instance seems to be the order of the day.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry man not much I can do or say to help. This world sucks sometimes. Goodluck and keep your head up.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PeachesNCream

Thanks, will do

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake A reasonably intelligent person would have verified that the family could take over granny's flat before surrendering your own.

I can understand why you'd jump at the chance to save on rent but if the unit isn't big enough for your family then you won't have a legal leg on which to perch. But this won't stop a lawyer from taking your money to file a case that's a guaranteed loser.

Your moving in won't be viewed as benevolent end of life care but rather as economic opportunism. (I'll bet you didn't save up your rent money when you crowded into Granny's crib, did you?) No one can blame you for that, but don't expect to be rewarded by a court, either. The property owners/managers have rights, including the right to screen applicants for residence and to guarantee adequate space for healthy occupancy. If you just assumed that things would fall in place then I wouldn't count on sympathetic intervention, particularly by a legal system set up to protect the rich from the poor, the comfy from the disenfranchised.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: HOUNDDAWG

How can a 3 bedroom family home in anyway be considered overcrowding when there is now only myself, my partner and two kids? One two, and the other 8 years old. I moved in simply because my gran needed our love and care to survive her last days on this Earth. Truth is according to Scots law there never was an overcrowding issue. Any idea how long it will take them to evict us? Considering I not even on the lease.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Geez, if it's 3 bedrooms then it shouldn't be a space problem .

And, if it's not restricted to seniors/retirees, (no children) then the only thing I can think of is this:

If there's a waiting list then you may not be permitted to jump ahead of others because of Granny's untimely passing. Because Granny was not permitted to choose the next occupant, her rights and privileges terminated when the poor soul moved on to her reward. The unit now reverts back to managers' control, and the control freaks won't like it if you end run around their rules and occupy the unit. They may enjoy the power to make families worry, grovel and sweat while waiting for approval.

And, all the places we applied did background and credit checks on me and mine when we moved a few years back.

In states that have RENTERS' BILL OF RIGHTS the law tries to protect the interests of renters and landlords, but nowhere does the law attempt tp protect third parties who are not on the contract/lease. That means the only party with rights at issue are the owner/landlord/property manager.

If they like you and you meet the qualifications for occupancy (and there are no others who have been waiting for an opening) you may get lucky.

Good luck.

If you hire a lawyer you're gonna get hosed. In my opinion there is no legal issue on which you can mount a successful challenge, but that won't stop some sharky sheister from taking your money by raising false hopes of a win in court. If you can get a free consultation then, see what he or she has to say. Maybe your state has an exception that will allow yo to remain in the unit. But, I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: HOUNDDAWG

"Geez, if it's 3 bedrooms then it shouldn't be a space problem."

No overcrowding problem even when my Gran was alive according to Scottish law.

"And, if it's not restricted to seniors/retirees, (no children) then the only thing I can think of is this:"

No restrictions, the place its a family home.

"If there's a waiting list then you may not be permitted to jump ahead of others because of Granny's untimely passing. Because Granny was not permitted to choose the next occupant, her rights and privileges terminated when the poor soul moved on to her reward. The unit now reverts back to managers' control, and the control freaks won't like it if you end run around their rules and occupy the unit. They may enjoy the power to make families worry, grovel and sweat while waiting for approval."

I have been on there list for 5 years and have been offered numerous 3 bedroom property's buy the same housing association which i refused at the time down to the state of the property's. I also lived in the house for 26 years previous to having to move out because there were no property's available at the time.

"And, all the places we applied did background and credit checks on me and mine when we moved a few years back."

They can carry out as many background checks as they like regarding me and my family, in that department we are pretty much squeaky clean.

In states that have RENTERS' BILL OF RIGHTS the law tries to protect the interests of renters and landlords, but nowhere does the law attempt tp protect third parties who are not on the contract/lease. That means the only party with rights at issue are the owner/landlord/property manager.

"If they like you and you meet the qualifications for occupancy (and there are no others who have been waiting for an opening) you may get lucky.

Good luck."

Hope so because i pretty much now have no where to go and will become homeless should we be refused and evicted.

"If you hire a lawyer you're gonna get hosed. In my opinion there is no legal issue on which you can mount a successful challenge, but that won't stop some sharky sheister from taking your money by raising false hopes of a win in court. If you can get a free consultation then, see what he or she has to say. Maybe your state has an exception that will allow yo to remain in the unit. But, I wouldn't hold my breath."

I dont need to hire a lawyer i will receive legal aid, that just how our country works down to my circumstances.

Thanks for the support.
edit on 30-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join