It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KC-46 first flight, with audio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yesterday at 1324 local the first KC-46 lifted off on its first flight. They immediately went into refueling tests after doing systems checks. They were supposed to meet up with a KC-135 but he didn't get airborne it appears.

One of the twitter feeds that follows the flights caught audio of the flight. It's pretty interesting. The chase F-16 sounded surprised at how smooth it was behind the aircraft.

The players:

KC-46 Boeing 004 Heavy Experimental
F-16 out of Lewis-McChord, Zoom02
Boeing T-33 chase 38 Fox
KC-135 that didn't make it Earl52

Take off audio:
paineairport.com...

Testing audio:
paineairport.com...

Tests included moving into contact position, emergency breakaway, and WARP testing (wingtip drogue pods).

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
how neat....something besides 777-200's nowadays coming outta there....scary runway heading north....

edit on 26-9-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I went to Boeing field today to try to get some pictures of her on the ground.
They must have known I was coming, they had her parked, next to one of the other pre KC-46's, at the north end of the airport. Where I couldn't get close enough to get pics.

Hers a pic I got when it was still the 767-2C:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Damn. They're onto us. We need another patsy, I mean sucker volunteer, yeah that's it, too go for us.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Thats a lovely looking plane

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Just hope it doesn't get killed by the DoD and congress.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Testing continues with EMD-2. On October 8th, the WARP and CDS drogues were deployed successfully. On the 9th, the boom was extended for the first time.

new topics

top topics

join