It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rubio: Women Are Getting Pregnant Just To Sell "Baby Parts" To Planned Parenthood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: theNLBS

Hey Look! Another Republican who just doesn't like facts. Marc Rubio went full retard this week by spewing some BS that Planned Parenthood not only sells baby parts, but actually incentives women to have abortions.

Comprehension really isn't your thing is it?

He's saying there's an incentive in the industry to push women into abortions, not that women who have abortions are given incentives.

I think you've officially graduated to the role of propagandist, and given the horribly inaccurate and misleading title, I'd say this one's worthy of the hoax bin or the LOL forum.

edit on 26-9-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

So, it should be legal for women get pregnant just so they can have an abortion and make money from it? I thought you mightily disapproved of abortion, and now you're saying it should not only be legal, but legal to make a monetary gain? As a liberal, conservative, libertarian, I mean?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: grandmakdw

So, it should be legal for women get pregnant just so they can have an abortion and make money from it? I thought you mightily disapproved of abortion, and now you're saying it should not only be legal, but legal to make a monetary gain? As a liberal, conservative, libertarian, I mean?

I disapprove of abortion after week 24, period,
and I won't change that.

I don't like abortion before week 24,
but what I like or don't like doesn't matter at all.

The fact that abortion will happen before week 24
in the US is a given and it will not change,
I don' live in a fantasy land that my opinion
is the only "right" opinion that everyone should folow.

Therefore, that said,
PP charges women between $800-1500 for an abortion
and then sells the fetal parts. That is criminal.
The women should not have to pay for the abortion if PP is
selling the fetal parts.
PP has no donation costs if they charge $800-1500 for an abortion and
then they profit 100% from the fetal parts
after charging so much for the abortion. The women
should be the ones to benefit if it is going to happen.

Fetal part donation is going to happen.
Abortion is going to happen.
Nothing anyone says or does is going to change that,
no matter how much I dislike it.

Therefore, the women to whom people like you
so firmly state is theirs and theirs alone,
should be the ones to profit if there is a profit.

I am libertarian on this point because
I think that people should be allowed to sell
what belongs to them if they want to without government interference.

I am conservative because I feel that after 24 weeks a fetus
is a person who can survive outside the womb
is no longer the 'property' of the pregnant woman,
but is a human being that deserves the right to live.

I am old school liberal because old school liberals believed in freedom,
and all kinds of freedom, speech, personal etc.

Current "liberals" are not liberal at all because they want to control
speech, personal lives and every aspect of everyone life
in order to "save them" and "do what is best for all".

edit on 12Sat, 26 Sep 2015 12:07:07 -0500pm92609pmk266 by grandmakdw because: format

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
then they profit 100% from the fetal parts after charging so much for the abortion.

When your position is based on a lie, the whole argument becomes moot, as your argument is.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
When the war on gay people gets redundant
you can always count on the war on straight people.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Exactly. The whole deal with PP charging at least $800 for an in-clinic abortion isn't accurate either. I looked at a PP affiliate in Pennsylvania, and they charge as little as $390 for an abortion.

www.plannedparenthood.org...

It is a fact that Planned Parenthood charges much less for an abortion than a private clinic or hospital would. That's because PP is non-profit - they use donations and fund raising activities to help them provide lower-cost abortion services. Any money they get from facilitating the donation of fetal tissue goes right back into the clinic to help lower the costs for women who need their services.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I can't help it, is this guy so stupid, or is he lying???
First if government funding can be so easily slid under the table and used where it shouldn't be---- abortions...
then who's to say that all that money that the gov't is giving to religious organizations isn't going to things that it shouldn't be going to?
they give them money for women's homeless shelters, how many women in those shelters are being counseled the godly advice of making amends with their abusive husbands and going back home?
they give them money for pregnancy crisis centers and women's reproductive healthcare also, who many of those women are being encouraged to try to go through a problem pregnancy when the much safer course of action would be to abort? how many women are being given the only birth control advice of absinance only?
or, well, let's put it all together now, wonder if there's any women out there who are stuck having to use these religious organizations for needed help who have been advised by a doctor that a pregnancy would be quite dangerous, by a marriage counselor that divorce is to be avoided and submission is the best course, and by their reproductive healthcare that absintance only is the way to go!!!
I know for a fact that in many cases if a court orders counseling, be it marriage, child care, or whatnot, at least in some cases, it is gov't funded....and there has been a recent thread about how one of the counselors that were referred to for marriage counseling took it upon themselves to make it into a religious program, so don't tell me that there isn't any gov't funding going into pressing a christian friendly course of action to their clients!!

the only difference is that planned parenthood has had it's books opened for the auditors so many times, well, we know that they never really found any proof that the funds are being misused. how often do any of these christian groups get scrutinized?

Ya know what I found disturbing....
I used to work across the street from a blood bank. I would come to work early in the morning and I would see this large group of people standing in front if it's doors waiting for it to be opened so they could sell their blood and I am pretty sure that at least some of them were selling it for food, or for shelter, or other necessities.
Heck maybe someday, if Rubio and his buddies get their way and planned parenthood is closed, they will be selling it for their birth control also, who knows.

And well, how many of us actually believe that this money would be diverted to other health clinics that serve the same group of people, heck that even assuming that those clinics are there to begin with? First they aren't there, not unless you buy the idea that you can go visit granny in the nursing home and well get your pap smear while you are there! I don't believe it for one second! It won't towards healthcare, it won't go towards bringing down the debt, it won't go to the working middle class as tax breaks (although it might go towards another nice tax break for the filthy rich), it won't go towards helping those people who are standing in that line to sell their blood....
nope, they'll take it, double or triple the savings, and claim they have more money so they can extend their war efforts, or find a way to give it to their buddies, or maybe they'll use it to build a wall separating use from canada.

They allowed the christian businesses to refuse to provide coverage for birth control citing those title x funds as being a suitable replacement, and not, they want to cut one of the main providers of those services under those title x funds.
Wonder if they would mind if that decision was reversed now since, well, it seems that those title x funds are in jeopardy?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

then they profit 100% from the fetal parts after charging so much for the abortion.

When your position is based on a lie, the whole argument becomes moot, as your argument is.

That is a favorite tactic of those on ATS who can not
come up with a cogent or intelligent response.

Just call the person a liar.

Simply calling "liar" is so juvenile and the sign of being unable
to make any sort of
reasonable or reasoned response.

If they charge the woman $800-1500 for an abortion.
Not a lie, look at my first post I made a link to PP themselves
as to what they charge for an abortion.

Then they say that donating fetal tissue costs them money
after making money on the abortion in the first place.
That is the epitome of making 100% profit on the "donation"
(hundreds of dollars for 'donation' of tissue).

Do you object to the woman whose fetal tissue is sold
having the money applied to the cost of their abortion?
Should they not be compensated for the "sale" of
what you say is their body parts?
Why should PP charge a huge fee and then profit
off the sales of the woman's body parts as you
say fetal tissue is.

edit on 12Sat, 26 Sep 2015 12:42:47 -0500pm92609pmk266 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Until bush showed up to screw up the game perhaps, NOW we are seeing an uprisng I like and BY your posts YOU don't.
It is refreshing to see more Tea Party values rolling in, as they are not as eaither side has ovewhelmingly portrayed them.
I DO rather doubt this one,if true however these creatures are horrble human beings worth death like Pedos

edit on 26-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Am I the only one able to apply logic to this issue? To start,I'm pro choice.If you want an abortion,fine,not my concern...But the GOP feels that every fetus is special,as they are biblically guided,fine,no problem there either.But listening to the GOP rhetoric,only liberal's,or satan worshipper's, get abortions.Would it not be better for the GOP to support abortion to clean the country of a new wave of liberal voters?
BINGO!!! Get rid of the liberal's thru abortion,yet appear to oppose it at every turn! GOP Congress looks like they are fighting it,yet the issue is never solved.And they alway's have an issue at voting time.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Planned Parenthood should sue Rubio for slander, or liable, whatever it is. He accused them of 'TRAFFICKING' body parts, a legal term, which is defined as against Federal law. They are not 'TRAFFICKING" body parts.

edit on 26-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Full retard is putting it kindly. This is more like a double.

People who makes statements like this one should be permanently barred from holding any office.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Umm...yeah...#RubioForPresident2016!!!!

.....just...wow.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To be fair, he is saying that profiting from the sale of fetal tissue creates an incentive for an abortion provider to alter their counseling to pressure women into having abortions who otherwise would not. So the title is actually misleading.

My guess is that far fewer women are on the fence about having abortion than Rubio's hypothetical presumes.

I'll never understand the Republican doublethink. They'll go to drastic measures to prevent women from obtaining abortions but are strongly opposed to health insurance plans that make birth control affordable, against sex education that isn't abstinence only, against programs that provide contraception (more contradictory thinking: condoms promote promiscuity, guns don't promote shooting). They're basically against practical — and more importantly, proven solutions — for achieving their supposed objective.

They're actually hard at work to increase abortion rates.
edit on 2015-9-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hahaha, I love the forum name. It fits this thread perfectly.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Then they say that donating fetal tissue costs them money
after making money on the abortion in the first place.
That is the epitome of making 100% profit on the "donation"
(hundreds of dollars for 'donation' of tissue).

Why should PP charge a huge fee and then profit
off the sales of the woman's body parts as you
say fetal tissue is.

Planned Parenthood is a NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION. They are not making a "profit" off the sale of anything. Their financial books are audited every year. What they get in donations is audited, what they get in funding from the government is audited, what they charge for services is audited, the salaries of their employees are audited. What they spend on equipment/rent/utilities is audited. They are probably the most watched non-profit organization out there.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

As it is, PP charges less than a private clinic or hospital. If you want to donate lots of money to PP for their abortion services, they might be able to reduce their cost to nothing. Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
He doesn't really believe what he's saying, he simply knows it's what people want to hear. The GOP is trying to outrage as many supporters as possible to ensure high voter turn out.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

don't you just love when election time rolls around? That's basically what it amounts to, it's time to say whatever people want to hear, tell outrageous lies, and gather as many votes as you can!! Personally I got sick of the lies awhile back, and well, the number one requirement to get my vote is to don't let me catch them in a lie. ain't none of them ever passed that test, so I tend to either not vote or vote for cartoon characters.
Too bad everyone just stopped supporting the candidates that they find lying, maybe they'd be forced to reveal some truth once in awhile.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Planet Earth to Marco Rubio...Planet Earth to Marco Rubio...Logic circuit malfunction...We do not read...communication lost...

Man, when I read this stuff it makes me feel like I’ve landed on another planet. Like I’m in a world where a whole different scheme of logic and reason applies. It’s Anti-World. A world where everything you think and feel is the exact opposite of what you expect it to be. So, you end up laughing in a disaster, crying at a good joke, being happy for a death in the family and sad when a friend succeeds. And smack dab in the middle of it is the headquarters of the RNC. God, let me wake up from this nightmare!

It wouldn’t be so bad if Rubio was just some schmuck nobody ever heard of; some nutjob driving around the country campaigning out of the back of a beatup old ’61 Chevy. But instead, this NUTJOB is a well-respected Republican candidate seriously campaigning for the job of Leader of the Free World. The guy who’ll have the launch codes for a thermonuclear arsenal capable of destroying the world many times over.

Seriously, this is the best we can do? It would be hillarious if it wasn’t so sad. I don’t know how he can keep a straight face saying some of the things he does. It’s a shame what our system of government has degenerated into. It used to be that maybe a handful of whacko’s managed to infiltrate Congress; these days the place is crawling with them. I’ll bet the Founders of this nation are rolling over in their graves right now, as we piss away everything they fought so hard for.

Wow! Women having abortions just to sell the “Baby Parts” to PP for a quick, easy profit. What a racket. Boy, that Marco Rubio don’t miss a thing, does he? What’ll women think of next?

Rubio/Huckabee for President!!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

they alway's have an issue at voting time.

I've noticed this as well, not much talk out there in discussion land about this little tidbit though.

How badly does the GOP really want to make abortions illegal?
How badly does the democrat party want to solidify "The right to choose"?

Both parties have had full control in recent years, both house and senate majority as well as the Oval Office. No move by either side has been made to put this to rest, and none will be in the future.

This subject is just too good of an issue for keeping the pleebs arguing amongst themselves, an awesome distraction to defer thought and attention away from our two party team as they run away with our countries wealth and sell us into fascistic slavery.

They don't care about abortions, our "elected leaders". That's why you catch them saying such stupid crap all the time. And yes the democrats say stupid crap all the time too. It just doesn't get circle jerked about as much.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join