It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E = mc 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The energy is in the mass.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Both matter and energy came into existence at the Big Bang.

Yes but we know the matter never came first then the energy, but the energy then the matter, the point of singularity we don't how long it lasted 1 second, 1000 days, either way you would need that amount of energy either instantly or spread out, and yes matter was being formed 1 second after the point of singularity, that statement is splitting hairs.

Again E=mc2 tells scientifically where the matter came from, it does not tell us where the energy came from.
If you theorize that it was matter to energy back to matter, then the physical universe already existed before the big bang, I don't think science supports that theory.
edit on 29-9-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Again E=mc2 tells scientifically where the matter came from, it does not tell us where the energy came from.
If you theorize that it was matter to energy back to matter, then the physical universe already existed before the big bang, I don't think science supports that theory.

I am looking forward to see the replies on this one

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Look, lad. You've never studied classroom physics, let alone all this esoteric cosmological stuff. You've never derived E = mc^2 from first principles (if you had, you'd know that's only a simplified version of the actual equation).

Understanding the conditions of the Big Bang is way above your pay grade. Or mine, for that matter.

Trying to draw conclusions from the well of incomprehension will leave you dead of thirst.

Find another way to reassure yourself of the existence of the God. This one isn't working, and the only person who doesn't seem to realize how full of religious doubts you are is you.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

c = speed of light
m = rest mass of the object
E = object's total energy
p = object's momentum

His question is still relevant.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Funny how now the insults come out, I thought we were doing pretty good until this post.
I think the cosmology aspect makes you nervous, because unlike evolution, collectively science must admit it has more questions than answers about the very beginning of it all.
edit on 30-9-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Funny how now the insults come out

I did not insult you. I stated a fact, which applies to me as much as it does to you.

I think the cosmology aspect makes you nervous, because unlike evolution, collectively science must admit it has more questions than answers about the very beginning of it all.

Fiddlesticks. Not everybody is a faith-head whose world will fall apart if their precious beliefs are shaken.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That's true. Our brightest minds have not yet nailed down a definite answer to that question. But I think most of us are content with waiting for them to do it right, rather than for someone else to do it quickly.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
You might find this interesting. The whole video is good with little bits of info and revelations. Around about 5 minutes in they start talking about energy, at around 15 minutes the stars, and about 20 minutes E=MC². It mentions that the potential energy in a grain of salt, if we could harness that energy, would give enough energy to power a house for several months.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join