It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snopes Busted - Nanner, Nanner, Nanner

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
Surely "Nanu nanu" was Mork, from "Mork and Mindy"?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That was Mork, not Spock.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MooseDroolUSMC1986

No I'm pretty sure it was Spock. I'm quite a fan of Star Wars.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
This is a new first for me:

slammed for title

slammed for content.

Predictable.

Maybe I should give up posting here.

Aw, just take your nanny nanny boo boo like a man.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Oh no Soros!

The funny thing about the article you linked is that it doubles down on birther stupidity. Your article claims that Snopes lies and protects the President and that the proof of this is that Snopes claims that Elana Kagan did not represent President Obama in any of the birther cases and that no such dockets existed.

I went to Snopes to check something about the dockets of the new Supreme Court Justice. Elena Kagan, who Obama appointed, and Snopes said the email was false and there were no such dockets. So I Googled the Supreme Court, typed in Obama-Kagan, and guess what? Yep, you got it; Snopes lied! Every one of those dockets are there.

OP's link.

Then the blogger posts dockets off the SCOTUS website, for Elana Kagan. Boom there they are. She did represent Obama! Snopes lied! Busted! Soroooooooooos!

Well... not so fast. Snopes never claimed that Kagan didn't work on any case for President Obama.

One small problem for the advocates of this political conspiracy theory: None of the nine docket items cited by WND was about "whether Obama is legally qualified to be in the White House." The WND article simply cites the results of a non-specific search on all Supreme Court docket items containing the names "Obama" and "Kagan" and misleadingly claims them all as "involving Obama eligibility issues," without regard for the real underlying issues of those cases.*
Read more at www.snopes.com...

So you can actually double check this for yourselves (as if)... the screen caps of the dockets with the damning eye candy of Obama's and Kagan's names together under defense, have nothing to do with Obama's birth certificate or where he was born or whether he was ineligible to be President of the United States.

Or you can just keep reading the Snopes article I quoted from.

edit on 9/26/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

The reality of the situation is....

...there are different realities for different people.

IMHO, truth...unless genuinely discovered for yourself, is merely regurgitated.

I can feel the temperature rising already....

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Have a fun thread.

No fun so far, trashed and misunderstood at every turn...

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Now here is a man who understands things on a deeper level.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Now here is a man who understands things on a deeper level.

I always tell myself how special and advanced I am whenever I see my reflection in a mirror

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

This is a new first for me:

slammed for title

slammed for content.

Predictable.

Maybe I should give up posting here.

It's ok OP it happens to the best of us.

Keep trying and know that you are at least searching for truth while so many don't even bother to do that.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

No fun so far, trashed and misunderstood at every turn...

That's expected.

Most here think Snopes are the stone tablets handed down from God.

I say its about time we throw another sacred cow on the barbie.

Snopes is nothing but 100% pure disinformation.

Snopes receives funding from an undisclosed source. The source is undisclosed because Snopes refuses to disclose that source. The Democratic Alliance, a funding channel for uber-Leftist (Marxist) Billionaires (George Soros etc.), direct funds to an "Internet Propaganda Arm" pushing these views. The Democratic Alliance has been reported to instruct Fundees to not disclose their funding source.

Snopes Exposed - George Soros and Leftists Fund it

This couple is in the tank for Obama. There are many alleged statements they have listed on their site as a hoax and yet you can go to Youtube yourself and find the video of Obama actually saying these things. So you see, you cannot and should not… trust Snopes.com, ever, for anything that is remotely political! I don’t even trust them to tell me if email chains are hoaxes anymore. So goes modern journalism. There are cropping up numerous sites and blogs that openly challenging Snopes’s findings, opinions, and outright claims. Many people still think Snopes.com is neutral and they can be trusted as factual. We need to make sure everyone is aware that… that is a hoax in itself.

Snopes Exposed

I have submitted several things to Snopes which I know to be true that Snopes claimed were bogus. Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros; a big time supporter of Obama! Yep you got it; Snopes Lied!

Snopes funded by Soros..

The unreliable and condescending people who run Snopes.com have chosen to belittle and ridicule factual evidence that contradicts the official narrative about the attacks of 9/11. They have chosen to ignore evidence that exposes the many 9/11- related lies told by the Bush administration, stooping so low as to title this particular piece: "Flights of Fancy!"

Snopes Lies, Continues the 9/11 Cover Up

For those of you that put your trust in Snopes... We've known that it was owned by a lefty couple but hadn't known it to be financed by Soros! Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros, a big time supporter of Obama! In our Search for the truth department, we find what I have suspected on many occasions.

Is Snopes A Disinformation Operation?

A warning . . . apparently you CANNOT rely on Snopes. They may be part of the media that is working to suppress the truth or spreading disinformation. Snopes apparently never fact-checked and simply 'parroted' the propaganda and lies taken from government websites or spewed forth by ...

Snopes' Credibility Damaged

edit on 27-9-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MooseDroolUSMC1986

Perhaps it was both...

Think about the hand signals used by Mork and Spock. Nanu Nanu- Live Long and Prosper. Looks like these two aliens may have had that one other thing in common. The way Mork said hello and the way Spock said Good-bye.

www.lannydonoho.com...

Mork's greeting was "Nanu nanu" (pronounced "nah-noo nah-noo", sometimes spelt Nanoo Nanoo) along with a hand gesture similar to Mr. Spock's Vulcan salute from Star Trek combined with a handshake.

morkandmindy.wikia.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

"You may now kiss the bride."

Go and take a room, you two!

Yeah, I can't take this whole matter seriously. Snopes following logical thinking and rationality (="leftist"), which must be a suretell-sign that Soros is behind snope? Well, we don't deny ignorance on this board, but this idea is..

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Just saw this thread...and I gotta say....it's about time!!!

Where is it proclaimed that Snopes is 100% honest and reliable....pretty sure there was no mention of Snopes on any stone tablets or sacred scriptures.

When I first found the internet, I believed more sites like that a face value....now not nearly so much.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Teach them to question George Carlin as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I never realized that people used Snopes as anything beyond an entertainment site.......

Edit: To be fair, I suppose the same could be said about ATS
edit on 28-9-2015 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I never knew quite what to make of Snopes - they would render an opinion with minimal documentation, but it was always like "Trust us, we're Snopes, and therefore authoritative." If any member tried that here they would be quickly pilloried. Now, along comes this fellow who states that Snopes is funded by George Soros, and found that it toes a PC line. No surprise - the PTB certainly try to batten down every avenue of independent thought and research they can. I'm sure they'd do it to ATS, but ATS is supported by a raft of free-thinking, independent thinkers. Yay us! OTOH, I haven't logged onto Snopes in a long time, and now I will keep it that way.

thelastgreatstand.com...

I'll admit that Snopes doesn't get it right all the time, but I'd trust Snopes FAR more than the source you provided in the OP. Besides, your article was proved wrong anyways.
edit on 28-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yup, another ATS Mexican standoff. No one's mind changed, no one convinced, nothing proved, and (due to www) not provable...just another skirmish in the babblefields.

edit on 28-9-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join