It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turning our backs on Islam.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: d2che
I am a Muslim. I do not want Sharia law for everyone and I would fight any establishment that tries to impose that on non-Muslims.

Where I'm from, Muslim women are strong and independent. They have equal rights if not more. Hell, when my wife started wearing the hijab, I freaked the # out. I even told her to stop wearing it but she once she explained her reasons for wearing the hijab, I calmed my tits and went along. Like my mother and hers, she simply felt it was time and when my 3yr old girl grows up, she'll have that same freedom of choice as well. We don't force our women to cover their heads here.

I'm just like any other guy born and raised in the 80s. G.I.Joe, He-Man, Thundercats, The Goonies...all that good #. I just happen to be Muslim and it is very scary being a Muslim in today's world.

Salaams brother. Never be ashamed of your religion and never be afraid to show you & your family are Muslims.

We're not responsible for the actions of others who claim our faith, just as Christians, Jews, and atheists aren't responsible for the actions of others who claim their beliefs. Collective guilt, collective responsibility, and guilt by association are logical fallacies, and thus, the reasoning of the ignorant. Just be the best people you can be & it'll be fine.

There have always been people who fearmonger about things they don't know or understand. And there always will be. Many of these people seem to be addicted to fear, & thus need a bogeyman to make themselves feel better. Just ignore them & keep striving for Heaven.

Also, Thundercats was probably my favorite cartoon growing up. LOL I had to find a good version of the theme song on youtube not too long ago.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Again though the people you quote are converts, not quite the same

I've read your posts on Islam. Quite simply, you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

Nobody is born a Muslim. Islam isn't an ethnic group, nationality, or something genetic that can be passed down through blood. Even children who are raised in a Muslim household by Muslim parents, like myself, aren't "Muslims" until we willingly choose to submit our wills to God. This is something we literally can't do until puberty at the earliest. After all, "Muslim" literally means "one who submits to God".

I didn't become a Muslim until I was almost 18years old because I studied the rest of the world's major religions before making a choice that fit me. And even though my Dad is a part time Imam, he & my Mom never once tried to pressure me into becoming a Muslim. Which is funny, since them being Muslims had absolutely nothing to do with my decision to submit to God.

edit on 28-9-2015 by enlightenedservant because: clarified a word

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Kapusta

So you weren't born a muslim but a convert? Is that correct from what you said above?

Well technically Yes i was born Muslim , we believe everyone is born Muslim by definition. Meaning everyone is in a state of submission to god when they are born , but fall away from that through sin and other things.

So with that said , I converted to Islam from Mormonism, Christianity, atheistism. I was born in the USA to an avrage All american family .

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Walakuma a salam waramatullahi wa berekatu !

Of course my dear brother .

It just breaks my heart to know that the new face of Islam is khuaraij ideology . but Insha Allah ! More people will come to see the truth in this deen .

BarakAllahu feekum

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservantAlso, Thundercats was probably my favorite cartoon growing up. LOL I had to find a good version of the theme song on youtube not too long ago.

Salaam brother...I personally love this version:

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Well technically Yes i was born Muslim , we believe everyone is born Muslim by definition.

Can you not see how that line of thought scares people .

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Why should it? It doesn't mean "convert or die".
edit on 28-9-2015 by d2che because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

My dear brother i have to correct you.

The Prophet Muhammad said, "No babe is born but upon Fitra (as a Muslim). It is his parents who make him a Jew or a Christian or a Polytheist." (Sahih Muslim, Book 033, Number 6426)

But I understand the point you are trying to project.

Allahu must'aan.
BarakAllah feek

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Being a convert is not the same as being born a muslim. You have not had years and years of brainwashing since being a child, You had a choice, those born into Islam do not

I will just say, without meaning to be snide, but you were a Mormon, Christian, Atheist...now Muslim....sounds like you are
a) giving all religions a bash see which one gels b)confused c)not exactly serious about religion d) jumping on the bandwagon of "oh if I convert I'll be safe come the revolution".

I know its hard to get a feel for people in type, but my feeling is this time next year you'll be something else and promoting that religions' virtues as I'm sure you did with Mormonism

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Well technically Yes i was born Muslim , we believe everyone is born Muslim by definition.

No I don't can you please explain.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Being a convert is not the same as being born a muslim. You have not had years and years of brainwashing since being a child, You had a choice, those born into Islam do not

I will just say, without meaning to be snide, but you were a Mormon, Christian, Atheist...now Muslim....sounds like you are
a) giving all religions a bash see which one gels b)confused c)not exactly serious about religion d) jumping on the bandwagon of "oh if I convert I'll be safe come the revolution".

I know its hard to get a feel for people in type, but my feeling is this time next year you'll be something else and promoting that religions' virtues as I'm sure you did with Mormonism

What a huge accusation coming from somone who does not know my life story .

Firstly mormons are a sect of Christianity.
I was introduced to Mormonism at a young age and
Never had really any issues with it until later on in my years . I started to really digg down in the side of Christianity nobody wants to go down . long story short I came to the conclusion that Christianity was not for me . I more or less stopped believing in god for some time. I had lost touch my spirituality. To be honest i don't think i ever really knew what spirituality was back then.

So then i decided to study religion from a differnt perspective. Found Islam studied it for some years and now I am proudly a Muslim.

Don't you worry though I am nailed to this bandwagon

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

My front was never turned towards Islam. Why would I support a large occult derived from a murderous pillaging pedophile who's goal is to spread Sharia Law throughout the world and behead anyone that will not convert to Islam?

I don't give Islam the time of day. And I never will. Frankly I hope they are all eradicated, especially from Western Culture. If that want to Allahu Akbar in their sand dunes that's fine with me. Just keep that nonsense out of the Western World.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Walakuma a salam waramatullahi wa berekatu !

Of course my dear brother .

It just breaks my heart to know that the new face of Islam is khuaraij ideology . but Insha Allah ! More people will come to see the truth in this deen .

BarakAllahu feekum

Walakuma a salam, brother.

And don't worry about it. Khuaraij/Kharijites are only "the new face" because their leaders have nearly limitless petrodollars to spread their crap. And Western intelligence agencies, Zionists, neoliberals & neocons seem to have a wretched alliance with them, as well.

So even though 5 of the last 12 or 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners have been Muslims, paranoid bigots in the West ignore that in order define us all as extremists. But sometimes it's better top ignore them & just keep moving forward.

Also, I notice we had a difference of opinion of when Muslims become Muslims. Technically, we're both correct, though I didn't want to get into a deep conversation w/that person who obviously doesn't understand Islam. Yes, we do believe that all of our souls are initially Muslim. But it doesn't become official in the world until we actually choose to submit to God. That's why most denominations usually call it "reverting" to Islam instead of "converting", because of the belief that we're "reverting" to our original state.

I consider it "converting" in most cases (like myself) because I only submit because of my direct actions with God & Shaytan. But I'd specifically chosen a different path before that. And many of the people who grew to accept Islam intentionally had chosen a different path beforehand. But that goes into a theological debate of personal responsibility for the paths we choose.

Either way, I'm glad to see your responses.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EyeKyu

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Masha Allah brother you are correct .

Jazak Allah khair.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyeKyu
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

My front was never turned towards Islam. Why would I support a large occult derived from a murderous pillaging pedophile who's goal is to spread Sharia Law throughout the world and behead anyone that will not convert to Islam?.

Right! Now we are on the same page ! Why would I suport that my self?

Heck I am even Muslim ! That picture you just painted sounds more like extremisim .

Good on you for not supporting that!

Because that sir is not Islam!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The Prophet Muhammad said, "No babe is born but upon Fitra (as a Muslim). It is his parents who make him a Jew or a Christian or a Polytheist.

I dont give a flying rats brass what your Koran says . My kids were born into a Christian background . They chose their own way and to be honest the last fairy-tail they believed in was father Christmas . How dare Muslims claim my kids were Muslim at birth . You and your koran have no right to do so .

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

The Prophet Muhammad said, "No babe is born but upon Fitra (as a Muslim). It is his parents who make him a Jew or a Christian or a Polytheist." (Sahih Muslim, Book 033, Number 6426)

Allahu must'aan.
BarakAllah feek

Ah, you replied while I was still typing my reply.

Like I said in my longer reply, I know that most denominations teach that. But the whole point in taking the Shahada is to officially choose the path of Islam. The whole reason we're on this planet is to either accept or reject God's existence. And if we accept His existence, then we have to decide to submit to Him or defy Him. And if we choose to submit to Him, we then have to prove it through our words, actions, and inactions. that's literally the whole point in us being here.

A soul's original state doesn't matter in this world if the individual isn't aware of this or accepting of it. That's why we have to choose to submit or choose to stray. I can't consider most people "Muslim" until they choose to submit, as the word specifies. Though I treat pretty much everyone the same, regardless of their beliefs or non-beliefs (unless they're overly negative or bigoted).

EDIT:Facepalm. Sorry about the misunderstanding LOL. I hit the button to post this before I was finished with it. I should probably warn people of something because I think I'm unintentionally being an irritant on theology. Even though both of my parents are Muslims and my Dad's a part time Imam (I say part time since his full time job is a professor), we were raised a bit different. Islam & Christianity were both very important in our communities. And even though my siblings & I were taught the basics of Islam from a Sunni background, my parents never forced it on us. Instead, they literally encouraged us to study the world before deciding. To this day, I've probably studied a hundred or more different religions & I still research their histories thoroughly.

So I see religions just as much from a historical perspective as I do from what they teach. As an example, I study when certain biblical books and Hadith were adopted & by which leader or denomination, as opposed to whether I should accept them or not. So I don't think of Christianity as "following the King James Version of the Bible", but as a collection of offshoots from the Essene groups & Messianic Jews that both accept & reject the Didache, Pessh ita, Septuagint, and numerous biblical can & noncanon books.

Therefore, I also don't see Islam as "the religion of the Prophet Muhammad & His Companions", but as the religion given to Adam & Eve that's been preached to all people throughout history. So that's probably why I don't see things as clear cut as others do (and it's definitely why I'm nondenominational since none of the 200,000 or so Prophets were denominational). So I'm only a Muslim because I deliberately chose to submit to God. But I'm even more of a religious pseudo-scholar because I'm on a personal mission to learn the truth about the world's religions & the ways people have corrupted them over time.

Either way, I applaud your words & perspective. Keep being the best Muslim you can be & things will be fine.
edit on 28-9-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added a lot

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The Prophet Muhammad said, "No babe is born but upon Fitra (as a Muslim). It is his parents who make him a Jew or a Christian or a Polytheist.

I dont give a flying rats brass what your Koran says . My kids were born into a Christian background . They chose their own way and to be honest the last fairy-tail they believed in was father Christmas . How dare Muslims claim my kids were Muslim at birth . You and your koran have no right to do so .

Lol clam down fella . fair enough .. Anything else you wish to vent about ?

Also you mean to tell me santa is not real!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Allahu must'aan.
BarakAllah feek

Ah, you replied while I was still typing my reply.

Like I said in my longer reply, I know that most denominations teach that. But the whole point in taking the Shahada is to officially choose the path of Islam. The whole reason we're on this planet is to either accept or reject God's existence. And if we accept His existence, then we have to decide to submit to Him or defy Him. And if we choose to submit to Him, we then have to prove it through our words, actions, and inactions. that's literally the whole point in us being here.

A soul's original state doesn't matter in this world if the individual isn't aware of this or accepting of it. That's why we have to choose to submit or choose to stray. I can't consider most people "Muslim" until they choose to submit, as the word specifies. Though I treat pretty much everyone the same, regardless of their beliefs or non-beliefs (unless they're overly negative or bigoted; then )

Of course! You are correct . and actions like shirk and bid'ah can take them outside the folds of Islam as well.

Again may Allah reward you for your efforts dear brother .

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join