It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospitalised British RAF Vet moved from A&E because he was in uniform !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This sorry tale started after RAF Sgt Mark Prendeville was injured in a training exercise at RAF Manston, Kent , he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Kent where still in RAF uniform he waited for treatment in Accident and Emergency , Sgt Prendeville was then approached by a member of staff and asked if he would wait inside the department rather than the waiting room.

The hospital have released a statement which reads....

"This employee was acting in good faith because previously, there had been an altercation between a member of the public and a different member of the armed forces in uniform."
The spokesman also said the hospital trust was "absolutely clear that members of Her Majesty's armed forces, whether in uniform or not, should not be treated any differently to any other person".
"We are now making this point clear to all our members of staff and will seek to make sure that this never happens again," he added.
www.bbc.co.uk...

So someone previously got the hump with a serving British soldier and now all British forces personnel in uniform should be hidden away from the public ?

This is Britain and British forces personnel should be free to wear their uniforms with pride wherever they are in this country , regardless of whether some gobby foreigners like it or not !

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm seeing a pattern here gortex, I think Mr or Mrs butt-hurt went from the Garden of Marijuana to the waiting room just to exercise their right to go full retard as a government-bot.

I'm sorry, but some people simply need a good slapping.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

A man in uniform, serving his country, should be allowed to sit anywhere in that ER he damn well pleases and folks who don't like it, should just keep their bullsh** to themselves.
On that note, I don't see anywhere in the article it said a "gobby foreigner" caused the last uproar.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Where does it say that the person involved in the previous incident was foreign?

Also the article contains a quote saying that this is not the policy of the hospital, was the one off action of an individual and they have taken steps to avoid it happening again.

So basically what is the point of your thread?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

This is Britain and British forces personnel should be free to wear their uniforms with pride wherever they are in this country , regardless of whether some gobby foreigners like it or not !

The article stated "member of the public" there is no mention of "gobby foreigners". There are plenty of british born people who object to uniformed armed forces personnel without have to go down the Xenophobic path.

That said, this is completely wrong and I hope those involved get their rear ends reamed for allowing the original narrow minded member of the public to "dictate hospital policy" by proxy.

I would like to hear an apology from the hospital, especially the staff and if possible the identification of the complainant in the original altercation. Named and shamed.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

The hospital did apologies and made it clear that it was not hospital policy.

We also have no way of knowing from the article the circumstances of the original incident so naming and shaming would seem a lot like guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Where does it say that the person involved in the previous incident was foreign?

It doesn't , that was a little venom from me.
I think it likely the majority of hostility to forces in uniform comes from people who are not ethnically British after the adventures of the last decade or so , the article doesn't say either way so it's left to the reader to decide.

The main point is not my opinion it's the fact that this happened and it's not an isolated incident.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hiding away a man because of his uniform outrageous. What strikes me as more insulting is that there are individuals so lacking in basic human decency as to not be able to set their political feelings aside for a brief period of time while others might seek medical treatment.

If one feels an objection to military service or service people, they are free to have those thoughts and opinions. If they feel the need to confront others because of those beliefs, then do so recognising it should be done at the appropriate time and place. A hospital or clinic is no such place for obnoxious, Cretan behavior.

link   

So an individual member of staff makes a bad call (probably with good intentions) that is not hospital policy based on a previous incident that we know nothing about and that to you means that British forces in uniform are being hidden away from the public? Also despite knowing nothing about it we should blame it on foreigners? Sure that makes sense….

link   

Double Post
edit on 26-9-2015 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

So someone previously got the hump with a serving British soldier and now all British forces personnel in uniform should be hidden away from the public ?

That's quite a jump you have made there.

What's more accurate is that the department had a problem where somebody started a fight with a guy in a uniform so some moron in the hospital decided that any one in a uniform should be treated in a side room to avoid that problem in future.

Its hardly a national policy that has been implemented.

This is just a story about a hospital worker really, its hardly a national scandal.
edit on 26-9-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join