It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning Comet Catalina. Green wormwood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Cyanide is a compound (CN) commonly compounded with a metal eg potassium cyanide or sodium cyanide.

Detection of the spectral signatures of Carbon and Nitrogen in the tail of a comet does not necessarily indicate the presence of the compound, it only indicates 2 basic common elements. I'm more concerned about crazy drivers around me when I venture out on the road.

If I burn a sample of table salt I'll detect sodium and chlorine in the spectrum both of which are very unfriendly to living tissue ( the opposite situation).

Benign elements can form nasty compounds and vice versa.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: piney

95 year old fear..... 95 year old fear of gas.... penetrating our atmosphere....... 95 year old fear a comet a mere fraction the size of our planet could release enough gas to make a noticeable effect on the planet, even if it could get to the surface....... 95 years later we sure learned a lot...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

95 year old fear..... 95 year old fear of gas.... penetrating our atmosphere....... 95 year old fear a comet a mere fraction the size of our planet could release enough gas to make a noticeable effect on the planet, even if it could get to the surface....... 95 years later we sure learned a lot... [/quote

Could meteors have enough poison in them to cause the same effect to the rivers and dams
And when comet Ison passed they did say we would have fine dust that would fall over time.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm sure dust will fall, but certainly not enough to do anything noticeable to our giant planet.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I'm sure dust will fall, but certainly not enough to do anything noticeable to our giant planet.

Unless that dust is a virus, which is actually one of the things possibly responsible for creating life here in the first place.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

We are pelted with cosmic dust on an ongoing basis. Thousands of tons of it each year. Much of it from comets which passed by a very long time ago.

Any reason to think the dust of one particular comet is more significant than that other dust?

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

We are pelted with cosmic dust on an ongoing basis. Thousands of tons of it each year. Much of it from comets which passed by a very long time ago.

Any reason to think the dust of one particular comet is more significant than that other dust?

No more than any reason to suspect none of it is significant. In fact, the more that pass by, the more likely we are to encounter one that is significant in some way.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

No more than any reason to suspect none of it is significant.
But there isn't much reason to think any of it is significant, is there? Beyond pure speculation, that is.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

No more than any reason to suspect none of it is significant.
But there isn't much reason to think any of it is significant, is there? Beyond pure speculation, that is.

To isolate this one and say it is different...no. In retrospect we may say otherwise. But at the present time there is no basis to suggest it is different, and there is no basis to suggest it is not. It just is. After the fact, where certainty dwells, will be the answer. Until then, yes, speculation.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I very stealth-fully entered your domicile to place a single grain of salt in a hidden location.

Inform me if it changes your quality of life in any way, other than knowing I was there and somewhere there is a grain of salt placed in some unknown location.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Unless that dust is a virus, which is actually one of the things possibly responsible for creating life here in the first place.

The speed through the atmosphere would utterly destroy a naked virus. Panspermia would require the virus to be locked up into a rock that is capable of making it to the surface without exploding.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

The speed through the atmosphere would utterly destroy a naked virus. Panspermia would require the virus to be locked up into a rock that is capable of making it to the surface without exploding.

Excellent point! And not beyond the realm of possibility in this event. Unlikely, but vaguely possible.

Off topic - your signature is interesting. I have experience in failure analysis and penned a white paper on the subject. I believe I stated something very similar.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yes when it is made of green wormwood...

BTW I got my reverse osmosis 4 micron system ready... Take that Revelations....

edit on 28-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I very stealth-fully entered your domicile to place a single grain of salt in a hidden location.

Inform me if it changes your quality of life in any way, other than knowing I was there and somewhere there is a grain of salt placed in some unknown location.

I get your point...anything making it to the planet will be small and not likely to be noticed. However, it is also possible that along with this comet are larger pieces that could be noticed. It would not be the first time that has happened and I am sure it wont be the last. Only time will tell if this is one of those times.

As for entering my domicile...not likely. I have a good security system. Night vision cameras with motion detectors, alarms on points of entry, and a dog that would eat your face off and add the salt for flavor. And I would come along and knock a two foot hole in you with a 12 gage gut-winder...and wait the appropriate hour or so before calling the paramedics.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As long as the world ends after I've seen Star Wars Episode VII, although I want to see Episode VIII & IX too as no doubt it will end with some sort of cliff hanger

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: charlyv

Excellent point! And not beyond the realm of possibility in this event. Unlikely, but vaguely possible.

Off topic - your signature is interesting. I have experience in failure analysis and penned a white paper on the subject. I believe I stated something very similar.

Late to this thread as missed your response. ATS thread response gizmo at the rescue.
I too, have extensive failure analysis experience, and use it across many technical endeavors. Like you, I also have some publications, mostly older. Root cause is a very elusive beast most of the time.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Big green fireball last night, followed by 7 dark amber lights reversing it's course.

I saw it personally.

still think you're full of SNIP.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
on the other hand, with a bit more wormwood around, maybe the art scene will go through another impressionist-style period... sure everyone would go mad and die young but think of the cultural enrichment

top topics

<< 1   >>

join