It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the "craziest" and least conventional thing you believe in?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AeonMoon

So people that feed on energy, essentially?

I've looked into Magick, and different psychological phenomenon and can't even pretend I know much about all of it myself, but other theories could go in tandem with that idea

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Seems these are interesting times. Lots of prophecies do mention events that have been going on, whether directly, or if people interpret them a bit different than literal

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I believe in many non-traditional things. Karma, reincarnation and OBEs are just some of these. I also believe that alien life exists (a mathematical certainty in my opinion).

Good thread, OP!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well I believe in karma and resurrection, rather than reincarnation myself

And aliens.. I imagine the universe to be infinite. Like really really big. Thus even if he chance of an area containing intelligent life is very very small.. There's infinite areas with life.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AeonMoon
a reply to: deadlyhope

I believe that psychic vampires are real and that some people knowingly or unknowingly can take someone's spiritual energy away. I think it's more common than people realize.

For starters, love this thread; great idea.
I am curious about what you've just said. I was just telling my father this week that, while my beliefs are still pretty much the same as they've been for years, I just don't feel or experience spirituality anymore; and I'm not sure why. I'd love to hear more about this. Have actually been wishing it would return for a bit now, but it's literally just not there.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: msfoh

Do you have anything that typically triggers feelings of spirituality? For me it's inspiring speeches about being connected. Like Alan watts, or the like.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I believe orbs are one of the last great mysteries.

The scientific explanation is that they are near-camera reflections of normal airborne artifacts (dust, mainly); I don't doubt that many orbs fall into this category. But as an explanation for ALL orbs it's clearly not true or else we've got some pretty freaky stuff flying around us, and completely invisible to the naked eye.

It's like saying that every point of light you see in the night sky is a star. Go figure.

The various sizes, shapes, speed, and manner of movement, one can safely rule out dust particles and bugs as a catch-all explanation.

I believe that - in at least some examples - we are dealing with a phenomenon of high strangeness.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

My friend described this to me. He usually has an explanation of some sorts for everything, but he never did go into detail about this one.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AeonMoon

I believe that psychic vampires are real and that some people knowingly or unknowingly can take someone's spiritual energy away. I think it's more common than people realize.

Pretty much what I was thinking to put. Paranormal overall as well due to experiences.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Wait, aren't "psychic vampires" discussed in Anton Szandor Lavey's "Satanic Bible"? They're not paranormal at all. Think charities for example.

edit on 26-9-2015 by Tiamat384 because: Dumb Autocorrect

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Anton lavey is definitely an interesting man, satanism being a whole other discussion itself. Wasn't some adept satanist once featured on ats?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Starting off here, i never would have thought i would belong to a site like this being raised in a narrow viewed church of christ go worship every time the doors open-blue collar -dont speak unless your spoken to-everything is black or white -male dominant with subserveant mother -type of "family."..yep the whole nine yards. I am grateful to be here. Now to the fun off-the-wall stuff i believe in:

For as long as I can remember, I have felt drawn to rocks. As a kid i easily picked up on imagery within even the smallest pieces. I was proud to show mom and dad but was quickly advised it was my imagination working overtime. So i blew it off being the "good boy" I was expected to be. Fast forward and at age 35 im too cheap to buy rock for a "rock garden" i had planned in front of my home. I casually pick up rocks a five gallon bucket at a time every now and then, hosed them off, scrub them, and the "garden" grew and grew. Over this period of 6 months or so, i noticed similar traits among the rocks. It wasnt long before i could categorize them: Dogheads here, feline visage bearing rocks go here, humanoid profiles over there and so forth. Theres too many "subjects" to list here. The images are obscure for the modern eye to "get" unless one is exposed to them enough and one pays attention with an open mind. I wasn't expecting to see "stuff" and I certainly didn't "look" for it..."It" found me. That is why i cant be offended when geologists, archaeologists, or any other "professional" says I have a classic case of "good ol pareidolia." Thats not entirely incorrect either. I refer to the imagery as "purposely pariedelic." I cannot say how it got there. Modern man will likely never be able to replicate it. I could ramble on and on more about what I see on rocks, techniques ive developed to reveal the images but i certainly wouldnt want you to think of me as "a bit off in the head" now would I? One thing for sure, the reference to one being "dumb as a rock" is actually quite a compliment. Trust me on that one, ok?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i believe human body has untapped powers. like unique skills, fast thinking, increasing adrenaline on spot, fast reflex.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I believe in magic. Like real magic. Not just card tricks or illusions.
Real magic.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was just about to post that I belive in magic.

Not just believe but practice the art on a daily basis, I don't wave sticks around or say silly words but have to ability to alter the universe to suit my needs through seemingly imposible ways.

Most of the people I know have seen this happen so often that even the most rational thinking ones have to conceed that there is no other explanation for my abilities.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Some of these things are proven
monks that use bio feedback to super hear their bodies, people that can call upon adrenaline when they want.

I definitely believe it extends beyond, though. I mean you look at the likes of Bruce Lee, or Kim peek, mahatma ghandi. I feel physical, mental, and spiritual greatness are shown in these people, and are accessible by us, not sure how, though!
edit on 26-9-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aboom

Non judgement zone, friend

I can't comprehend your vision, sight, imagery or what not, but it is interesting to hear about, whatever it is. Have you heard of anyone having similar with anything else?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Magick, perhaps?

If the average Christian believes their Bible and doctrines, they too, believe in different forms of magic. While it's unique to voice such things, the belief is more widespread than I previously knew - just many don't believe it applies to these times.

Magick, from what I've seen, is a bit different than mainstream sorcery or what have you. It's more like conscious projection, impacting moods, telepathy and changing outcomes. I believe it could be possible.

Which version do you mean?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

What is the "craziest" and least conventional thing you believe in?

Witchcraft.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Popular in movies and books but interesting to hear the actual belief. Could I ask where your belief came from? No judgement just curious.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join