It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POPE: Interfaith Service, Bring All Religions Together, JESUS Failed At The Cross

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

This whole thread is about one of them right now.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have had many visions of the one that speaks through him.

They believe in the electric universe and have goals of keeping things rolling along like a battery

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Is he really saying Jesus failed? Only a total fool would declare that to be true. Imagine the penalty for that on judgement day.

Are saying that the pope will surely burn in hell?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

Well they MADE the revised jesus message and now say he failed....The pope should say THEY failed with THEIR interpretaton of the message. Fabricating most things and filling in blanks with nonsense tends to end badly. But hey, just revise it all under the constraints of what is popular so as to monopolize spirituality and tada! You dont need to skip a beat in the spiritual conquest of mankind. Lol.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I Have had time to think on my reaction and earlier statement, I was wrong and please let me explain.

I believe that what he intended though interpretation was an I issue was to say that Christ suffered OUR failure at the cross, he sweated blood when he took the sin's of the world onto himself in the garden and asked the father to remove this chalice from him but the father's will be done but in accordance with the scriptures of the prophets he whom was born in Bethlehem (were the sheep for the sacrifice offering's of the temple were bred) took our place as the ultimate sin Offering to the lord and so died on behalf of us to atone for OUR FAILURE.

Remember the definition of sin is not something done that is bad as that is simply evil but sin is actually Failure or to fail and we have all failed, Jesus stumbled on the road under the weight of our sin's in the form of the cross and the persecution he was suffering but a helper came to aid him forced to do so by the soldiers, Jesus is our helper and remember also he said Take up your cross and follow me, in other word's we have to be crucified (not literally but figuratively) for our sin's to die with him on his cross as we gain our new life from him in his resurrection.

I was very tired and shocked, I wrote without thinking and regret my earlier statement as I judged and so remember "Judge not lest ye be judged", what does that mean? well Christ was our sin offering and we were purchased by his blood so are essentially spared judgement so long as we are truly repentant, I am not saying we shall not be judged but that as long as the old man whom made our mistakes is crucified with Christ the new man he purchased by his blood shall be saved but if we continue to sin and I must put my hand up and point at myself, then we can not be saved except that with god all thing's are possible and we are given to our last breath to call upon his name.

I think there is however a very strong Anti Catholic movement even here on the ATS site, it is blinded by hatred of all thing's catholic and so forgets they are also Christian not just Catholic, add to this a very strong Anti Christian/Anti Religious vein to many whom comment and post and that also mean's that they revel in any attack on any branch of Christianity, they are very clever also so know how to stoke up the feeling's or dissent and plant seed's of doubt.

I am no priest and not even a proper catholic (probably not even a able to say that I am catholic after my earlier and I think erroneous statement) but I pray that the lord bless you all and keep you and your familys safe, I have as much failed faith and crisis as any other person and like I say and no saint with it being by only the blood of Christ that I count not myself as one of the most wretched creatures.

I further apologise to any whom have been as blind as me and had there crisis in faith made worse by my jump reaction earlier post.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
I still think he's just echoing Paul in 1 Corinthians ch1.
The cross was a failure, "humanly speaking", that is when seen through human eyes, because it ended in death.
The cross was a victory, because it ended in resurrection, but human eyes alone can't see that. It needs the Holy Spirit.
That is why the pope said -echoing Paul again- that the cross shows us "a different way of measuring success".
He's talking about the great Christian paradox, "the scandal of the cross".

edit on 26-9-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

THEN the Catholic CHURCH is the failure NOT the Cross or Jesus.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This whole thread is about one of them right now.

Whatever your reasoning for responding with this, I will let it slide.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Jesus literally overcame death and the devil by dying on the cross! How can the Pope say he failed? The Pope is more of an emissary for Lucifer than Christ. I think he would learn much from this old song:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well, until he comes out with a statement or correction, I will take the words as he said them.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Is he really saying Jesus failed? Only a total fool would declare that to be true. Imagine the penalty for that on judgement day.

Are saying that the pope will surely burn in hell?

Absolutely NOT. Christ is the only one with the authority to say who goes where.

But someone saying, and telling others that Christ failed, especially a Pope, is going to certainly not be rewarded with treasures on judgement day. It is like anyone can add one plus one and know the answer is two.
Imagine the penalty is only a warning that to say an absolute like "Jesus failed on the cross" Is not going to have a nice outcome for whoever says such a lie to others. And if people believe this lie the penalty could be much worse. Who know for sure? Only the one with authority. But don't put him to the test either.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
To be clear anyone that says what he did but meant something else entirely is not fit to be a pop.

He has shown very clearly that he is fit and he knows what he is saying.

All his words were chosen very carefully before hand.

He meant it and now they have their end times pop calling for one world religion and claiming Jesus failed but at the same time clinging to much of Jesus message.

That is how they operate but no one would know better about that than ATS.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
He didn't finish the lords prayer, 8:04

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You wanted an example.

But he has done other things. In each instance, there are multiple ways they can be interpreted - a dangerous way and a reasonable one - the problem is that there is this pattern, and that seldom does the Pope himself correct the statement, usually it is others who come around and clean up the or provide the less dangerous interpretation.

If you want more examples, just Google controversial papal statements.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Did they stop because he stopped? Was he waiting for them to complete it? Why start the Lord's Prayer if you're not going to complete it?

And did no one say Amen?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Did they stop because he stopped? Was he waiting for them to complete it? Why start the Lord's Prayer if you're not going to complete it?

And did no one say Amen?

Kinda odd, I didn't hear an amen
edit on 083030p://bSaturday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I don't know if anyone has explained it yet , but the Pope is absolutely correct.

The cross did fail.

The cross was an archaic exercise in the destruction of the body of Jesus, the attempt to break his hold over his followers and the destruction of Christianity.

The cross was a total failure.

And just for the record, I am not a religious person. In fact, I think religion is the surest path to Hell.

edit on 26-9-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction in response to @UnifiedSerenity's correction of my posting on autopilot. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The cross was a medieval exercise in the destruction of the body of Jesus, the attempt to break his hold over his followers and the destruction of Christianity.

The cross was a total failure.

I am not sure what you mean by medieval exercise. The cross was used over 2000 years ago. The cross was a victory and was the fulfillment of prophecy and for those who believe is the payment for their sins. What evil thought was a triumph over Jesus was the greatest victory because he overcame death and the grave. For the Pope who is supposed to be the loudest proclaimer of that victory to call it a failure is the highest insult imaginable, and I cannot believe Catholics are not calling for his resignation.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

A total fool who has acess to more secret religious text then you have ever seen .

I am not Christian but i agree with what he's. Saying.

That doesn't mean he can make up his own rules.. I can say with an honest and clear conscious that Jesus did NOT fail. And anyone saying he did, does so at their own risk. This POPE does not represent God, or God's Son and is a blasphemous fool.

Oh, and that is also why you agree with him, you are not a Christian.. Makes perfect sense.

If you consider that Jesus did even exist as the tales are told, and that all went down as told, you are indeed a fool.

Secondly, if you cannot see that exactly NOTHING changed, or even made a small whisper in any direction after said events you have been had.

Consider that you know exactly jack squat about what this planet is, what we are, and what is REALLY happening here, and elsewhere....

But I know you cannot, no religious person I have met, can.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I keep finding myself agreeing with Trump (which scares the heebie jeebies outta me)

LINK

snip ....

Talk is cheap. In these turbulent times talk, especially political talk, is very cheap. The Supreme Pontiff’s address to the U.S. Congress was a remarkable display of baptized Marxism wrapped up in the worst speech delivery I have ever heard. Read more at barbwire.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join