It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush says Dems lure black voters with 'free stuff'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think Jeb is running his campaign into the ground with all his stupid comments, but this takes the cake. How can a man who's had everything handed to him a a silver platter his whole life, and who's tax plan is to give rich people presents of tax cuts, accuse anyone else of being spoiled with straight face? While I don't disagree that plenty of black people want stuff handed to them, the idea that democrats give them lots of stuff to get them to vote for them is stupid. There's actually more white people (and probably hispanic too) on food stamps than black people. Federal benefits are for all needy people, not given as "gifts" to black people to get them to vote. Not only that, but there are a million other reasons for them to vote for Democrats like civil rights, education, and everything else that benefits people that Republicans want to cut. I would say that the main reason they vote for Dems is probably because the Republicans are such asses to them.

www.cnn.com...

Jeb Bush says Dems lure black voters with 'free stuff'

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Jeb Bush says Dems lure black voters with 'free stuff' 99>1

They do.

Not only AA's, but hispanics, and every other minority, and even whites.

The Dems are the party of buying votes with social programs.

It's time the left be honest with themselves.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

People of all nationalities are lured to vote for a specific president because of free stuff, or because they are promised things they desire.

It doesn't mean each person is spoiled or entitled, though. Some people honestly need the help, so they vote the person in they believe will most likely give them that help.

And this is pretending like we get an honest choice at who are candidates, therefore who gets in office in the first place. Money and media coverage choose these for us.
edit on 25-9-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

While I don't disagree that plenty of black people want stuff handed to them

OH MY GOD.

Did you really have to say that? On what grounds?
I happen to come from a very very huge family of African Americans who work extremely hard and are really well off in various fields. Legal, engineering, military intelligence, and many business owners. It is really difficult for me to perceive "black people" how others do because my experience with the vast majority of them has been nothing but positive and uplifting.

So please enlighten me as to why you feel that plenty of black people want things handed to them.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Man i could have sworn that reagan and bush where both republicans, cause with all the amnesty they gave to illegal immigrants, i guess that means they where really democrats.
edit on 25-9-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The problem is how they treat people once they get the votes. Look at vets, and look at the state of poverty the Black community is in now. Worse than before Obama was first elected, much worse.

And look how transparent the reason for allowing the border to let in hundreds of thousands of illegals in, and Obama telling them they will be given all kinds of stuff. They have even handed out flyers to illegals telling them to vote democrat.

And some people still don't get it.. Embracing ignorance because the truth means you were duped, and a fool. Why not just get over it and move on? Huh CB328? Grow up already.
edit on 25-9-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Do vets vote primarily dem? The vet situation is rhe fault of both sides.

Oh and what was the bar beige barry go in office for the black community?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Doesn't matter. The ones offering things for votes aren't just the dems, but the dems have the most power now with the main stream media now, and have been using this to the hilt to get votes.

They target anyone, any group, and any party. If it garners extra votes, then the method works as they wished it to. Whether a success or not, they purpose is to BUY VOTES.
I don't expect you to get that though, as you have always denied the obvious and you likely always will.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Not just African-Americans , but everyone. Remember the Obamaphones? Everyone got their free phones. Did you read the numbers of people that got them versus the number of people that got them that really didnt qualify ?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I just asked you to show how people are worse off then before, specifically the black community. And asked what vets had to do with your little rant.

Offering social programs is not buying votes, it is giving people what they want. Not everyone things they are a waste. So by that logic people are buying votes saying if we get rid of them you get more money.

And just because you think it is obvious doesn't me it so.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Typical GOP "Blacks only want free stuff" rhetoric. Very condescending.

Republicans should be the last ones to be calling out Democrats. Republicans also buy votes, but they do it with tax breaks for billionaires and less regulation for Corporations. They have to keep fooling their base into believing that the only way they can get to the top is if they can just give billionaires a few more tax breaks.

Seeing how Republican states have the highest percentage of poverty it doesn't seem to be working out too well for them.
edit on 25-9-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Everyone got their free phones

I don't know anyone who has a free phone.

But that's beside the point, all governments have social programs, saying that it's just a scam to get votes is stupid. The programs were started generations ago and have been continued by all parties. Now Republicans want to get rid of them (because they're evil) so of course people don't like that. They shouldn't try to pass off the blame for their own greed and hatred.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Oh you mean the lifeline program that had been in place for decades?

Care to show how many of the 20m were not qualified?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

But that's beside the point, all governments have social programs, saying that it's just a scam to get votes is stupid.

Test it out.

AA's and other minorities started withholding their votes see what would happen.

I can tell you what happens next.

They make people from other countries new voters because the legals have wised up to the crap.

Rinse and repeat.

Vote buying is a trillion dollar scam by the left.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Not just African-Americans , but everyone. Remember the Obamaphones? Everyone got their free phones. Did you read the numbers of people that got them versus the number of people that got them that really didnt qualify ?

That program is from Ronald Reagan in 1984. And it does not come from tax payers, it is funded by the Universal Service Fund started in 1934 to make sure phones were available even for the poor. Communication companies pay it in exchange for free use of the airwaves etc.

As for the OP if your poor tying to live off of government programs that take years to get into and once you get one it disqualifies you for others your not likely to be voting for anybody. 65% of people who get government aid are the working poor. A large portion of the rest are the elderly who tend to vote Republican. Now, farm subsidies that pay farmers to grow nothing? That is buying votes. Weapons systems the military does not want being funded and built because they provide jobs in district where a certain party is trying to stay in power, that is buying votes.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
As much as I dislike Jeb Bush, I am forced to agree with him on this statement. What exactly is your point? This is essentially a given.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Typical GOP "Blacks only want free stuff" rhetoric. Very condescending.

Republicans should be the last ones to be calling out Democrats. Republicans also buy votes, but they do it with tax breaks for billionaires and less regulation for Corporations. They have to keep fooling their base into believing that the only way they can get to the top is if they can just give billionaires a few more tax breaks.

Seeing how Republican states have the highest percentage of poverty it doesn't seem to be working out too well for them.

Yep, I am sure this is exactly what Republicans believe. Just like all Democrats love to murder babies and hate Christians. Aren't blanket statements about diverse groups of people grand?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It isn't just African Americans or even just Americans. There are plenty of nations politicians do this with great success but as Marget Thatcher said you run into problems when you run out of other peoples money. Case in point Argentina or Greece.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The Dems are the party of buying votes with social programs.

And the Reps are the party of buying votes with government subsides and government bailouts.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Jeb bush is making a blake statement that you agree with though... you said so your self.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join