It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA’s fondness for high-end furniture costs taxpayers $92 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Another installment of government is us, and they are doing things right! We have the EPA laying down the laws in style. Doesn't look like the EPA has too much concern for the environment or trees in this case. a drawer that cost $800 bucks to store pencils ? Hey now I thought this was the digital age sans papers,sans trees with biodegradable ink, and all that rubbish.

Over $90 million dollars for hickory furniture, wood tables, and other nonsense. Hey now people do you think that is a responsible use of tax payer monies ?. Hell No. It sure doesn't look too good to these people bearing the brunt of a epic failure of 'saving the planet' by the EPA.

Gold mine's toxic plume extends to Utah

The Environmental Protection Agency over the past decade has spent a whopping $92.4 million to purchase, rent, install and store office furniture ranging from fancy hickory chairs and a hexagonal wooden table, worth thousands of dollars each, to a simple drawer to store pencils that cost $813.57.

And this is the 'Guardians' of America's future!

Color me as not impressed.
edit on 25-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The EPA supports Climate Change right?

Well I don't see the problem! /end sarcasm

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

When politicians install new agencies like the EPA, Dept. of Energy, FDA, and others, they do it to repay favors and donors, and it also entrenches government with cushy jobs for the good old boy network they have.

You already know all of that, but yes these people always abuse their status.

Remembering Tom Foley, former house speaker (D), who tried to buy millions worth of imported marble and other luxury building materials to upgrade his own offices, plus expensive furniture using tax payer money got him booted from that job rather harshly and disgracefully.
It never ceases to amaze me the ongoing corruption these scumbags will gladly embrace for personal gain.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

When politicians install new agencies like the EPA, Dept. of Energy, FDA, and others, they do it to repay favors and donors, and it also entrenches government with cushy jobs for the good old boy network they have.

You already know all of that, but yes these people always abuse their status.

Remembering Tom Foley, former house speaker (D), who tried to buy millions worth of imported marble and other luxury building materials to upgrade his own offices, plus expensive furniture using tax payer money got him booted from that job rather harshly and disgracefully.
It never ceases to amaze me the ongoing corruption these scumbags will gladly embrace for personal gain.

THAT and the fact our elected officials have very little oversite on what they do? Bad enough our president has a pen, but when czars can penalize American citizens with no representative over site, that to me sounds a lot like a dictatorship versus a representative Republic!

Notice I didn't say Democracy?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well maybe they needed all that furniture to properly function. I mean they need to outfit all their offices and if they get cheap furniture that reflects badly on them right?

/endsarcasm

But seriously that is a bit excessive. $9mil a year for furniture seems too much, and that's just on furniture. What else do they spend their money on? How much actually goes to helping the environment?

God Bless

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I say kleptocracy.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingKelson
Well maybe they needed all that furniture to properly function. I mean they need to outfit all their offices and if they get cheap furniture that reflects badly on them right?

/endsarcasm

But seriously that is a bit excessive. $9mil a year for furniture seems too much, and that's just on furniture. What else do they spend their money on? How much actually goes to helping the environment?

God Bless

Shouldn't cost them much of anything.

After all the EPA is suppose to be the KING of recycling.
edit on 25-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: seeker1963

I say kleptocracy.

Eh, at this point, anything with *acy* at the end works. Not to mention, but we can have pages of arguments over what those words actually mean.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
But when they throw it away, it will be biodegradable.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
But when they throw it away, it will be biodegradable.

I have never see the US government throw anything away other than money.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Let's get the GSA to investigate!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
$92 million in 10 years - so $9 million/year (average) for about 17,000 employees, or about $5300 per employee for 10 years.

What is actually extravagant about that??

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

I kinda doubt those millions were spent equally amongst all 17,000.

However, I am willing to bet whatever they bought, they paid waaaaaaay too much for it.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This is outright criminal. Where is the accountability? Who approves this spending? WOW... they just keep getting more and more reckless

new topics

top topics

join