It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis Comes Out Of The Political Closet!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I got to hand it to you liberals .. it has been fun to watch you guys.

When the Pope visited, all of you were gushing over him when he talked about immigration. Headlines of his speech were everywhere - Huffpo, Mother Jones, Daily Kos .. you were all pushing him front and center for all to see (see, religion is "used" by the left when it suits their purpose).

Then ....... BAM!!! ,, The Pope defends Kim Davis and all of a sudden, the left treats him like dog dung stuck to their shoes.

This is better than watching an episode of Seinfeld.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
The question isn't whether she changed to republican or not, it is when.

WHY? Why does that matter? Why does her political party matter so much to some? So you can blame her behavior on a party?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeisterFahrer
I got to hand it to you liberals .. it has been fun to watch you guys.

Define Liberal.

Kinda reminds me of non-Mormons telling Mormons what they believe.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

I haven't noticed anyone treating the pope like dog crap. I adore him!

Actually, I defend Kim Davis' right to object (so, I agree with the pope once again). She just doesn't have a right to keep that job.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The OP is misleading. It makes it sound like the woman was secretly a republican when she did these things. She wasn't.

No, she wasn't -- except in name only. She even states her and her husband had been discussing for a while to switch parties.

But, that particular county is predominately Democrat and it helped her get elected.

. . . at some time she was a democrat.

What does that really mean?

Her mother was a Democrat, so at 18 she joined her mothers party?

She is obviously not Democrat. I doubt she ever was in her real thoughts and actions.

What does that really mean? Really? I hear bill clinton saying, "What do I mean when I say mean?" Come on now...lol

It means you cant change into something you already are. If she changed into a republican, then she must not have been republican before that. As for her not being a 'real' democrat, or joined because her mother was a democrat, that is all speculation or assumption on your part in an attempt to stop her from being associated with your party. She was a democrat. And to be honest, I don't see much difference between her and any other democrat. They all talk about tolerance and acceptance...but they are only tolerant and accepting of people who feel and act exactly as they do. This woman made her decision, right or wrong, and her party, the democrats, eviscerated her for it. That is not tolerant or accepting, that was turning on your own. But that harsh reality is unpleasant, so, you invent the idea that she wasn't a 'real' democrat so turning on her and vilifying her is somehow ok. It isn't. No matter what her party affiliation.

I agree that she should have addressed the issue of her beliefs in regards to her employment long before this made the news. But I also think the rebuke should have stopped at her professional behavior and not gone into her personal life or morph into personal attacks on her. It was her duties in her office that were the issue and the people attacking her should have stayed in that realm but they didn't.

Look at the tone of this thread. This woman has been called a lot of names and had a lot of really nasty things suggested about her. The only reason it wasn't a T&C violation is because she wasn't here to see it. And to be honest, I am not sure that matters anyway. Personal attacks like that aren't supposed to happen, whether the target is there to witness it or not. But, that is not my call. That is for the mods.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

The question isn't whether she changed to republican or not, it is when.

WHY? Why does that matter? Why does her political party matter so much to some? So you can blame her behavior on a party?

Not at all. The reason I mentioned that was because the liberals here are trying to deny she was a democrat when she committee this horrible crime against humanity. Unfortunately, she was a democrat at the time and it does reflect on their party and they don't like it. Party notwithstanding, I said before and I will say again, she should have addressed her beliefs in regard to her job long before this got media attention.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The OP is misleading. It makes it sound like the woman was secretly a republican when she did these things. She wasn't.

No, she wasn't -- except in name only. She even states her and her husband had been discussing for a while to switch parties.

But, that particular county is predominately Democrat and it helped her get elected.

She is obviously not Democrat. I doubt she ever was in her real thoughts and actions.

What does that really mean? Really? I hear bill clinton saying, . . .

You bring Bill Clinton into this, then go on a rant?

I am not a Democrat. Never have been, never will be.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I didn't mean to sound like I was ranting.

But I did here billy boy and the whole 'what do I mean when I say..." thing.

I was jut trying to explain that she was a democrat. Her behavior was unflattering. It is not unusual for democrats to not want to be associated with her. But, you cant change the facts. At some point she was a democrat, and at some point she became a republican. If it matters so much which party she belonged to when she made her statements then this is much more about party politics than intolerance. Just saying...

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I didn't mean to sound like I was ranting.

But I did here billy boy and the whole 'what do I mean when I say..." thing.

I was jut trying to explain that she was a democrat. Her behavior was unflattering. It is not unusual for democrats to not want to be associated with her. But, you cant change the facts. At some point she was a democrat, and at some point she became a republican. If it matters so much which party she belonged to when she made her statements then this is much more about party politics than intolerance. Just saying...

OK

But, political ideology is not just a word.

Did you read the article from her gay "friend"? He talks about how progressive and liberal this particular county of KY is. How she is, basically ruining, everything people in this county have worked towards. She does not represent the area.

And her grown son has the same beliefs she does. He did not develop those overnight.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Not at all. The reason I mentioned that was because the liberals here are trying to deny she was a democrat when she committee this horrible crime against humanity.

Where? I've seen people say she was a DINO, but no one is claiming she wasn't a registered Dem.

Unfortunately, she was a democrat at the time and it does reflect on their party and they don't like it.

It doesn't reflect on their party because what she did was in direct opposition to the platform of the Democratic party. She was registered as a Democrat, but not ACTING like a Democrat. That's like saying there's a Republican who wants to raise taxes on the rich, increase social programs, make all college free, have socialized healthcare; and that reflects on the GOP. It's just not true. Those aren't GOP ideals.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join