It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis Comes Out Of The Political Closet!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
[
We are a secular government and always have been.

She is a government clerk.

Her religious belief in a government job is not relevent. Not now, not before.

The US Constitution is based on Christian Principles. Maybe it's not so obvious to some. But, if you know how to read, you'll see clearly.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. KJV, 1 Corinthians 13:13

As long as humans are employed doing government jobs, they'll bring their morals and ethics with them. When we have machines doing all the work, that will change. Soon, you'll be able to get married at the self-checkout county clerk machine teller. You punch in, give the machine your fingerprints, let it take your photo, pay the fee, and out pops your new Marriage Certificate, all with the county seal and date stamps. You won't need to talk to Kim Davis, or the likes of her. It will all be "self-serve", like gas stations, and bank auto-teller machines, and the new self-checkout lanes in grocery stores and hardware shops. It's coming. Your freedoms will all be guaranteed by the fact that nobody will stand in your way. You will determine what you want, and the machines will provide it.

Hearken not to Hezekiah: for thus saith the king of Assyria, Make an agreement with me by a present, and come out to me, and then eat ye every man of his own vine, and every one of his fig tree, and drink ye every one the waters of his cistern: KJV, 2 Kings 18:31

Everything you want, will be provided by your own desires. We've been slowly marching in that direction.

The key is "self-serve". Each man will serve himself. So, nobody can complain that their rights are being held up by some other person, and their beliefs. The machine has no beliefs, and no religion, it does not discriminate in any way. And the machine will grant to all what they desire. For the usual fee, of course.

Until that time, be patient. The world will be perfect in the eyes of those who want their way. And nobody "else" will have to suffer any inconvenience because of it.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

[
We are a secular government and always have been.

She is a government clerk.

Her religious belief in a government job is not relevent. Not now, not before.

The US Constitution is based on Christian Principles.

YAWN!

What are Christian Principles exactly? And which Christian denomination would that be? The original Puritans were booted out of England for trying to force the government to adhere to their strict interpretation. The Fundamental Baptists in the south are in part descendants from the original Puritans.

When our forefathers saw different religious communities bickering and fighting to out power each other they knew that no established religion could be allowed.

There was no mention of a god or Creator in the first 2 drafts of the Constitution. Creator, as in the diest concept of a Creator, was eventually included at the end of the 3rd draft.

Hey, go research what our forefathers learned about a governing society from the Native Americans. It's quite interesting.

Common sense is what our forefathers used. They were very smart men.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Don't be PC, be you.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

When our forefathers saw different religious communities bickering and fighting to out power each other they knew that no established religion could be allowed.

You're talking about the leaves, I'm referring to the root.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sure people have the right to do whatever they want but they will have to face the consequences.

"Consequences will never be the same."

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

You're talking about the leaves, I'm referring to the root.

I think its both funny and pathetic that some believe great minds are restricted to such limitations as one belief.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Makes you happy that the forefathers were smart enough to make the Constitution. Right Annee?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Makes you happy that the forefathers were smart enough to make the Constitution. Right Annee?

Yes. And I'm sure our forefathers read a lot. And read all the great philosophers.

I was raised Christian. The concept "Christian Principles/Values" annoys me. What the hell does that even mean?

That you can't have common sense principles/values unless you believe in a specific god?

I love this one. The 10 Commandments of Solon 638 BCE. Duh! He did it without Jesus.

1. Trust good character more than promises.
2. Do not speak falsely.
3. Do good things.
4. Do not be hasty in making friends, but do not abandon them once made.
5. Learn to obey before you command.
6. When giving advice, do not recommend what is most pleasing, but what is most useful.
7. Make reason your supreme commander.
8. Do not associate with people who do bad things.
9. Honor the gods.
10. Have regard for your parents.

infidels.org...
edit on 28-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

And Hindu Source

1. Satya (Truth)
2. Ahimsa (Non-violence)
3. Brahmacharya (Celibacy, non-adultery)
4. Asteya (No desire to possess or steal)
5. Aparighara (Non-corrupt)
6. Shaucha (Cleanliness)
7. Santosh (Contentment)
8. Swadhyaya (Reading of scriptures)
9. Tapas (Austerity, perseverance, penance)
10. Ishwarpranidhan (Regular prayers)

Did You Know That American Law Was NOT Based on the 10 Commandments?

People have a LOT of misinformation about the US Supreme Court building and its carvings. And it was the sculptor who chose the figures, not Congress. And there are all kinds of historical, religious, and mythical symbols there.

Did you know that there is nothing in the design of the United States Supreme Court building that would indicate that the Congress, architect or designers had any special regard for the Ten Commandments?
Did you know that if the Ten Commandments were the basis of law, there would be no “equal justice” for nonbelievers or followers of other religions?
Moses (holding two tablets) is standing among other allegedly historical lawgivers such as Menes (holding an Egyptian ankh), Hammurabi (who allegedly received his laws from the Babylonian Sun God), Solomon (who was wise enough to manage 700 wives and 300 concubines), Solon, the legendary Lycurgus (the central figure, who consulted the Oracle at Delphi), Draco, Confucius, Octavian, Justinian, Muhammad (the polygamist who claimed to have received Islamic law from the god Allah), Charlemagne, King John, the Crusader Louis IX (“Saint Louis”), Hugo Grotius, Sir William Blackstone, John Marshall, and Napoleon, as well as allegorical or mythical lawgivers such as the Greek goddess “Fame,” the Egyptian goddess “Authority,” the “Light of Wisdom” goddess, “Equity,” “Philosophy” and “History.”

And if our country's laws were based on the bible, why on Earth would our VERY first amendment guarantee our freedom to choose ANY religion we please, or none at all?
edit on 9/28/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Hefficide

How can she say the Democratic Party abandoned her when they support marriage equality? I think more likely, she abandoned the Democratic Party when she became an extremist Christian four years ago.

Damn straight - I think the whole 'but she's a Dem' thing was a ploy, spin at its finest.
It was quite obvious what she was from her actions.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I was raised Christian. The concept "Christian Principles/Values" annoys me. What the hell does that even mean?

That you can't have common sense principles/values unless you believe in a specific god?

Freedom of religion. Christians do not require you to believe in their god. Recall what Jesus said,

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: KJV, John 10:27

That's one Christian Principle/Value that is encoded in the US Constitution. No "religious test." Freedom to practice your own religion. The true Christian believes that "hearing the word" of the lord is sufficient to bring in the flock. Those that are chosen will "recognize" the word. Those that are called will preach the word. There's no need for the "sword" to get conversions. There's no need to force people to believe. There's no beheading the non-believers. There's no need for the law to set the state religion, that everybody must follow. There's faith that the "word alone" is good enough to awaken the people who are chosen by the lord.

Free Speech is the Next Christian Principle/Value:

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: KJV, Matthew 12:31

And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: KJV, Matthew 12:32

You can curse Jesus, mock him, draw silly cartoons depicting Jesus, say whatever you want about Jesus, and you are forgiven. You can't do that in most other religions. Nobody will come and shoot you because you mock Jesus. No priest will issue a "fatwah" to kill a person who blasphemes against Jesus. Remember, they even nailed Jesus to a cross. Dragged him through the streets. Humiliated him. Speared him. And were forgiven right then and there. The sign of Jesus on the cross, is the sign of free speech. Jesus takes all sin onto himself. Other religious figures are "protected" by their religious followers. The true Christian does not have to protect his God or the Son Jesus. They are the ones that give protection to the followers. The followers don't protect them. Hence you are free to say whatever you want. When the word is true and consistent with the lord, the flock will hear and understand.

edit on 28-9-2015 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Freedom of religion. Christians do not require you to believe in their god.

But, Christian do believe that everyone who doesn't believe in their God is "antichrist", and should be shunned.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
dp

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Freedom of religion. Christians do not require you to believe in their god. Recall what Jesus said,

Freedom of Religion means you have the right to believe whatever you want.

Kim Davis is forcing her religion by denying the Rights of others.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But, Christian do believe that everyone who doesn't believe in their God is "antichrist", and should be shunned.

Proselytizing is a major part of Christianity. Their mission is to convert the entire world.

But, "pick and choose" is used all the time in defending Christianity.

Good question is: "How much of Jesus is left in Christianity"?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Significant influence of indigenous American government practices on the Constitution of the United States.

Bruce E. Johansen is the Frederick W. Kayser Professor in the School of Communication at the University of Nebraska in Omaha. With co-author Donald A. Grinde Jr. he pioneered the once-controversial, now widely accepted research on the significant influence of indigenous American government practices on the Constitution of the United States.

Besides well-known European precedents — from Greece, Rome, and English common law, among others — indigenous American ideas of democracy have shaped the government of the United States. Immigrants arrived in colonial America seeking freedom and found it in the confederacies of the Iroquois and other Native nations. By the time of the Constitutional Convention in 1787, these ideas were common currency in the former colonies, illustrated in debates involving Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams. Later, during the 19th century, conceptions of Iroquois gender relations had an important impact on major architects of American feminism. These ideas illuminate political debates today.

iipdigital.usembassy.gov...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
dp

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well now what.

Govt. workers have right to refuse gay marriage licenses: pope

Pope Francis said on Monday government officials have a "human right" to refuse to discharge a duty, such as issuing marriage licenses to homosexuals, if they feel it violates their conscience.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well now what.

Pope Francis said on Monday government officials have a "human right" to refuse to discharge a duty, such as issuing marriage licenses to homosexuals, if they feel it violates their conscience.

How many Catholics in America do you know that actually take what the Vatican/Pope say seriously?

Every Catholic I know admires their leader, but say it doesn't affect them - - that they're gonna do what they want.

Sure, there's a few die-hards, but not many in my experience.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well now what.

Really? That's what you think the Pope meant by that statement? Kim Davis shouldn't have to issue any marriage licence, if she doesn't want to, but she was elected to do just that. If she's claiming to be a conscientious objector, then she shouldn't be in an elected office that requires her do issue marriage licenses to EVERYONE, any more than a Marine who claims to be a conscientious objector should serve a combat role.

Common sense man!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join