It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Davis Comes Out Of The Political Closet!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

I am sure that many feel as I do... That too much time and proverbial ink has been wasted on the discussion of Kim Davis, the Kentucky County Clerk who is engaging in an obstinate and, in my opinion, ridiculous crusade against gay marriage. This woman seems to be sucking up way too much of the headlines and oxygen in the room and keeps managing to get back into the headlines.

Given that I am hesitant to add any fuel to her flame. However this particular aspect of the story struck me as worthy of discussion.

Over the course of the often heated and, frankly often ugly discussion that this woman and her bigotry have ignited, over and over again Conservatives have basked in a single fact... That Kim Davis is a registered Democrat. This, they say, is absolute proof that it's the liberals and Democrats who are bigoted and based in an authoritarian mind set. Those on the right have used this single factor as their shield from anyone claiming that her behavior more matches the Republican party than it does anything remotely attached to the modern Democratic party.

This single factor has been a constant thorn in the side of liberals. But not any longer!

Kim Davis has come out of the closet! SHE AND HER HATEFUL BROOD ARE REPUBLICANS!

A county clerk in Kentucky who was briefly jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples said on Friday that she and her family have switched to the Republican Party because the Democrats no longer represented them.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, 50, who has said her beliefs as an Apostolic Christian prevent her from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, said they had changed parties last week. She was a long-time Democrat in eastern Kentucky.

"My husband and I had talked about it for quite a while and we came to the conclusion that the Democratic Party left us a long time ago, so why were we hanging on?" she told Reuters in an interview at a hotel in Washington, where she has traveled to be feted at a Family Research Council event later on Friday.

Source

Not a shocker by any means. After all it was Huckabee and Cruz who came to cash in on this woman and her misguided choices. The right loves to use the term "RINO". Well, guess what? Kim Davis was a DINO and now it's case closed on this particular detail of the debate!

So, now that we've established which side of the fence Kim Davis naturally lands in... Maybe we can move forward without the distractions?

Congratulations GOP! You can have her!

Thanks for reading!

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Well that is going to suck for lots of people that love to throw that one line political jab in there!

She did do a good service to us all to show which politicians were willing to pander towards those that want the law to be based on religion. I see these 'grades' on how well they follow the constitution, hope who ever has been grading has been paying attention.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Now she's a jerk who is republican instead of democrat. She's still a jerk.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
She'll fit right in among all the crazies

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Who are the brain police?

(hint: currently not so much the GOP)

+8 more 
link   
Well, I'm glad she finally admits what everyone else has already known simply by her actions alone. It did make for some kind of shield I guess during the debate of her and her actions but I never saw it as a very good one.

It allowed for some really flimsy styled attacks against Democrats, but it was obvious to everyone that her ideals were clearly on the Right and not the Left. Those using it as a shield or a weapon of attack were laughable IMO.

I find it more shady that so man on the Right, knowing beyond any doubt that Kim Davis was certainly more in line with their ideals, would even try and use that one technicality as a way to attack the other side. To me it really just highlighted the degree of spin they would try and use to achieve their goal.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well that is going to suck for lots of people that love to throw that one line political jab in there!

She did do a good service to us all to show which politicians were willing to pander towards those that want the law to be based on religion. I see these 'grades' on how well they follow the constitution, hope who ever has been grading has been paying attention.

Have you read the Constitution?

I do not agree with her current fight, but I do support her for standing up for her religious beliefs. As to the OP? Do you think people have NEVER in the history of the two party system changed their party affiliation based upon who they think will better represent them?

I have!

But now I despise them both because I finally realized their pandering had nothing to do with the Constitution, but pandering for votes.

Can't wait till I see Atheist's suing public schools for teaching about ISLAM as I do Christianity! Doubt that will ever happen, but if you want to preach the separation of church and state, then how about applying it equally?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
Who are the brain police?

(hint: currently not so much the GOP)

Brain police? Something you just made up.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

How can she say the Democratic Party abandoned her when they support marriage equality? I think more likely, she abandoned the Democratic Party when she became an extremist Christian four years ago.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes I have, no where does it protect using a gov position to push a religious belief.

She can go be ignorant all she wants in her church and in her personal life, when you go and push that and restrict others freedom you do not have constitutional protection.

Can't wait till I see Atheist's suing public schools for teaching about ISLAM as I do Christianity!

Because it is currently only the history of Islam that is being taught, along with ALL other religions. Despite what all those scared moms on youtube say while giving only one side of the story.
But of course, as usual, that has nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

A county clerk in Kentucky who was briefly jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples said on Friday that she and her family have switched to the Republican Party because the Democrats no longer represented them

I'd like a little more depth as to why she was originally a Democrat, and what exactly has changed. Besides the whole being friendly to homosexuality, as that's certainly a given in this particular case.

A little more from that article..

She added those who called her homophobic didn't know her.

If it walks and talks like a duck..... The rest is self evident.

It's tiresome watching these people use their religion as justification for bigotry.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Can't wait till I see Atheist's suing public schools for teaching about ISLAM as I do Christianity! Doubt that will ever happen, but if you want to preach the separation of church and state, then how about applying it equally?

If that is what's happening then you have every right to be pissed about it too. Personally I don't want any religion in a secular class at all. It's nothing personal against Christianity any more than Islam or any other. I say get them all out of there and keep it in their respective church, temple, etc.

The reason I think you don't see push back against Islam like you do Christianity is because finding Islam invading the classroom is much much less common than Christianity is. I know people are saying it's happening and all but when I look around I just don't see it. Doesn't mean it's not happening somewhere, but I don't see it. I don't think most other people see it either. But we can certainly see Christianity and it's influence all over the place every day.

It's not that those damned atheists just want to target Christianity and are all cool with Islam. Believe me, they'd roust Islam out of there too if and when they find it, I just don't think it's there for them to find most of the time.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Have you read the Constitution?

What, in the Constitution, guarantees Kim Davis the right to disobey the law, violate the Constitution, AND direct her employees to do so as well?

What, in the Constitution, guarantees Kim Davis the right to DENY the legal rights of others?

What, in the Constitution, guarantees Kim Davis the right to confiscate and alter marriage licenses that have already been issued?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

If you could point me to anywhere that I have promoted the teaching of any religion in any public school I'll be happy to address it. I personally believe that no religion should be taught in public schools, period.

As far as Islam being taught in schools? If religion is covered in the context of sociology or history? I see no problem. If there are Islamic private schools I see no issue with that either. But if any public school is teaching any religion outside of the context of sociology or history? Then that is illegal and should not happen at all.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
For some reason or other, I just assumed she was Cruz-lovin' tea party girl. Right again! Hot dog!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Can't wait till I see Atheist's suing public schools for teaching about ISLAM as I do Christianity!

When Islam reaches the same level of being taught in schools that Christianity is being taught then expect the lawsuits.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Kim has become what we call here in the south , "bible crazy". I see it all time time down here, people you would never think can become bible crazy. They lose all rationale and humanity to a degree. To me, ITS SOOOO ANNOYING. Somehow I was immune to it growing up. I don't think it has anything to do with democrat/republican politics, I think she is just bible crazy. It is usually the worst kinds of people that end up like that. The Megyn Kelly interview was good I thought, Megyn was like "why don't you just quit. Wonder how she feels about planned parenthood, not really, I could care less how she feels and they should terminate her, impeach her or whatever they need to do because if you refuse to do your job ANYWHERE they will fire you, elected or not. When Mike Huckabees security blocked Ted Cruz from accessing her I about lost it, those scumbags were all over her for publicity and that song eye of the tiger, wtf, even the guitarist was pissed, I think he may sue them, hope he wins. So when is she going to jail again, she is bible crazy, she wont stop her shenanigans.
edit on 25-9-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Hello ATS!

I am sure that many feel as I do... That too much time and proverbial ink has been wasted on the discussion of Kim Davis, the Kentucky County Clerk who is engaging in an obstinate and, in my opinion, ridiculous crusade against gay marriage. This woman seems to be sucking up way too much of the headlines and oxygen in the room and keeps managing to get back into the headlines.

Given that I am hesitant to add any fuel to her flame. However this particular aspect of the story struck me as worthy of discussion.

Over the course of the often heated and, frankly often ugly discussion that this woman and her bigotry have ignited, over and over again Conservatives have basked in a single fact... That Kim Davis is a registered Democrat. This, they say, is absolute proof that it's the liberals and Democrats who are bigoted and based in an authoritarian mind set. Those on the right have used this single factor as their shield from anyone claiming that her behavior more matches the Republican party than it does anything remotely attached to the modern Democratic party.

This single factor has been a constant thorn in the side of liberals. But not any longer!

Kim Davis has come out of the closet! SHE AND HER HATEFUL BROOD ARE REPUBLICANS!

A county clerk in Kentucky who was briefly jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples said on Friday that she and her family have switched to the Republican Party because the Democrats no longer represented them.

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, 50, who has said her beliefs as an Apostolic Christian prevent her from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, said they had changed parties last week. She was a long-time Democrat in eastern Kentucky.

"My husband and I had talked about it for quite a while and we came to the conclusion that the Democratic Party left us a long time ago, so why were we hanging on?" she told Reuters in an interview at a hotel in Washington, where she has traveled to be feted at a Family Research Council event later on Friday.

Source

Not a shocker by any means. After all it was Huckabee and Cruz who came to cash in on this woman and her misguided choices. The right loves to use the term "RINO". Well, guess what? Kim Davis was a DINO and now it's case closed on this particular detail of the debate!

So, now that we've established which side of the fence Kim Davis naturally lands in... Maybe we can move forward without the distractions?

Thanks for reading!

To put an entire party in the same category as one individuals choices, and that is pretty ignorant...but if that's the case, and how things work, then that person that shot the two reporters in VA is the poster child for the democrats.

Doesn't make sense, does it? Does stereotyping work? Of course not...so grow up and pin her actions on the person who did it - her.

I'd like to point out that what you did there is becoming more and more common practice for people who disagree...the tactic is childish and stems from a form of hatred and ignorance on the personal level.

Doing it once is a mistake, doing it twice is a show of character...

Blaming a whole group...for one persons choices.....may want to look that up.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I love how 'open minded,tolerant, and accepting of others' the left is.

Once a Democrat always a Democrat.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

Which is kinda the point, all the GOPers were using here as the poster child of democrats, so it is very ironic now that she is making this announcement.

It makes all of those that using here to generalize everyone know have the tables flipper right now them.

You know what they say about things biting you in the ass.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join