It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Lake Mysterious Runs Dry Overnight, Killing Thousands Of Fish

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

PG&E officials say nobody opened the dam up and the water simply ran out.

"simply ran out."

By that they mean they opened up the dam.

Mystery solved.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Back in the 1990's there were talks between California and Nevada, about piping some water into California from Lake Tahoe. After Bill Clinton and Al Gore came for an environmental awareness visit. They swore to protect Lake Tahoe.

I see Lake Tahoe's days getting iffy soon. The 2 states may battle it out.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
The story of the lake going dry is about Mountain Meadows Reservoir (Walker Lake), the pumps are going in Folsom lake. They're a couple hundred miles apart and aren't even in the same river system as each other. So if they let any water out my guess is it goes to lake oroville and not Folsom lake

Ahh, yes you're right. I searched off the Fulsome lake in the title and by the way they were both described in the articles they sounded the same. Good call. I should pay closer attention next time.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Maybe shifts in tectonic plates and creating many pores underneath the lake developed as a result.

I don't think Nestle would be behind this. I blame something happening from underneath it. Maybe something big is going to happen...like...an...earthquake???

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
“The Mountain Meadows Reservoir near Westwood on Aug. 5, before being drained, shows shrinking lake levels due to little rain, a below-average snow pack and four years of drought.”

The sparse amount of water it contained, reportedly 170 acre-feet as of Thursday, Sept. 10, rushed out when an outlet valve clogged with debris was cleared. As a result hundreds, perhaps thousands, of fish died, according to Andrew Jensen, senior environmental scientist for the Northern Region Inland Fisheries Program for the California Department of Fish and Wildlife.”
Source Link: www.plumasnews.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

Good job. Mystery solved I guess. Strange how nobody realized that until now. So I guess they cleared the clog and just forgot to shut the damn thing then??? Sometimes it's the simple mistakes that really bite ya in the butt isn't it.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

I approached the usual suspects and they confessed to nothing. It's as if our resources are vanishing before our very eyes and we have no clue who is to blame....

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

My thought too. I think there was a similar situation in South or Central America. Probably info about it somewhere on ATS.

And oh yeah. Residents said it "Drained like a bathtub" overnight. Definitely geophysical.

edit on 25/9/15 by soficrow because: add last sentence

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The article states. :The valve was left open, waiting for authorization to close it.

This seems like just lazyness. The guy's waiting to shut the valve had to wait for some uppercrust management to tell them to shut it. Authorization came too late.

At least that's how I read the article.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
oh boy this can't be good...

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Fish rescue? What are you going to do drive them to another lake? I would have been filling my freezer fish fresh fish.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Fish rescue? What are you going to do drive them to another lake? I would have been filling my freezer fish fresh fish.

We have to drain a canal next year and that's exactly what we have to do. Volunteers, vans and water tanks, we would have massive fines if we didn't.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Key word is "reservoir". Means the lake is man-made or controlled. No mystery, and somebody is responsible. I see crappiekat in an above post has the answer.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox>>>> They opened up the dam and the water drained. Why they won't admit it is probably the bigger question that needs investigating.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: Black_Fox>>>> They opened up the dam and the water drained. Why they won't admit it is probably the bigger question that needs investigating.

Weather balloons did it!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

Thank you for noticing.

Jeez, and all I did was read the article posted.

I just wanted to add, I did not mean that to be snarky. Just a fact.
edit on 30-9-2015 by crappiekat because: to add

top topics

<< 1   >>

join