It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.I.F.A. Head Sepp Blatter To Face Criminal Investigation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The title says it it. This is fantastic news for all followers of " the beautiful game".

Link here.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Can't add much more at this time.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The title says it it. This is fantastic news for all followers of " the beautiful game".

Link here.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Just a shame that Platini appears to also be implicated now through accepting an 'illegal' payment.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Not surprised tbh the game needs an upheaval from the top down.
I think everyone who knows football knows blatter is a crook.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Not surprised tbh the game needs an upheaval from the top down.
I think everyone who knows football knows blatter is a crook.

Blatter, yeah, although knowingly a crook or somehow deluded to think he had become some kind of leader of a divine empire, who knows. I liked the cut of Platini's gib though and thought he might have been a good alternative seeing as Wenger is too busy with much more important business for now

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Link here.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Just a shame that Platini appears to also be implicated now through accepting an 'illegal' payment.

A shame? If he's guilty of accepting an illegal payment, how is it that a shame?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Just a shame that Platini appears to also be implicated

U.K. Football has a belief that Platini has a " anti-British agenda" when it comes to the game of football. I think it's more a case of jealousy toward the success of The Premier League.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: uncommitted

Link here.

www.bbc.co.uk...

A shame? If he's guilty of accepting an illegal payment, how is it that a shame?

It's a shame because I thought he was above that, is that so hard to understand? Of course, I don't want to pre-judge, there's every possibility it was a plant - I wouldn't put the current FIFA management beyond doing that when he looked like being a legitimate threat to Blatter.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Just a shame that Platini appears to also be implicated

U.K. Football has a belief that Platini has a " anti-British agenda" when it comes to the game of football. I think it's more a case of jealousy toward the success of The Premier League.

Possibly, possibly. Figo was an interesting option as I'd like to think he would stand for the purity of the game, but I'm taking people I've never met on face value, who knows.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Sorry, I mis-read what you were stating (not for the first time). ☺️

When Platini saw the success money was buying he decided to bring in constraints on the amount of money BIG clubs were spending. I agreed with him to a point, but it is business and private sector business at that.

Now Paris St Germain are financed by the Arabs, he has stated that it was an unrealistic goal and will not be pushing the agenda.

That turn around for me, speaks volumes of his real agenda and his principles.

edit on 25/9/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Sorry, I mis-read what you were stating (not for the first time). ☺️

When Platini saw the success money was buying he decided to bring in constraints on the amount of money BIG clubs were spending. I agreed with him to a point, but it is business and private sector business at that.

Now Paris St Germain are financed by the Arabs, he has stated that it was an unrealistic goal and will not be pushing the agenda.

That turn around for me, speaks volumes of his real agenda and his principles.

No worries, I can see now there was unplanned ambiguity in my post. I think Platini was right to push for a fairer playing field moneywise, but so far FFP has been exposed as toothless as those with the big money can always seem to find the appropriate loopholes, and even relegated clubs (QPR) have not had to pay the appropriate fines. Something rotten in the state of FIFA maybe.

top topics

join