It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Military Personnel Expected to Arrive in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Want2no

You aren't supposed to believe that it goes against global warming... Progs HATE that.
Of course we also have that pesky POLE SHIFT I was told would happen too.
All I can say for a fact is ,last winter broke COLD records, this one may trump it.

edit on 25-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Interesting if this is true. Will China join in on the Syria stand-off?

Arab Source:
www.almasdarnews.com...

On Tuesday morning, a Chinese naval vessel reportedly traveled through Egypt’s Suez Canal to enter the Mediterranean Sea; its destination was not confirmed.

However, according to a senior officer in the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) that is stationed inside the Syrian coastal city of Latakia, Chinese military personnel and aerial assets are scheduled to arrive in the coming weeks (6 weeks) to the port-city of Tartous – he could not provide anymore detail.

Russia has made it abundantly clear that they are taking an active role in this conflict, but the news of the Chinese military to Syria provides more insight into their contingency.

It appears that Russia is not going to combat ISIS alone: the plan is similar to the U.S.’ idea of a “coalition” of air forces, but far more involved on the ground; this is something the U.S. and their allies have avoided since the inception of their war against ISIS.

Wow! This is beyond way cool! If the Chinese were to send in even one of there Brigades, (which I believe numbers 1 million soldiers), it is game, set, match for ISIS and anyone else that stands in their way! And, the PLA has absolutely no qualms whatsoever about killing people; they don't take prisoners, they just take firing squad targets. I've watched acres of videos on Chinese firing squads and they are just plain impressive. Europe won't have to worry about refugees anymore.....they'll be exterminated in situ. And the refugees in Europe can be summarily returned to desolate towns and cities filled with dead bodies. (Bring a shovel!) Dang....talk about a real estate opportunity!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Standoff?

Good to see a superpower might defend Syria for a change

albeit quite late after the genocide!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

Good to see a superpower might defend Syria for a change

Russia is not a superpower. China nearly is, but they're not going to blow it by getting sucked into Syria.

albeit quite late after the genocide!

Don't worry, Assad will continue the genocide as long as he is able.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

A foothold in the middle east? They were invited. That's like saying I won a fight because some guy put his hands behind his back and said punch me as hard as you can with brass knuckles on.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skymoonwalker
It helps to have a sharp sword, but you got to practice to be any good with it. China and Russia might be trying to get their militaries some real combat experience under their belt. They know the U.S. has a definitive edge when it comes to military experience.

Lol an Edge at losing. We've never won a real war. Vietnam beat us with AKs & zero body armor.
edit on 26-9-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

A foothold in the middle east? They were invited. That's like saying I won a fight because some guy put his hands behind his back and said punch me as hard as you can with brass knuckles on.

No, it's more like having your pimp tie you up and inviting a thug to have his way with you. It's ugly imagery, but you went there first.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You win haha

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

My question is, what will this Russian coalition do with the Kurds and the PPK? Turkey is the NATO block to Russia. That is the only reason why the west supports and puts up with Turkey. Hostilities between the PPK and Turkey have renewed in the last three months since Kobane. The west supported the Kurds and the PPK with airstrikes and supplies in Syria but not with weapons because those weapons would be used in Turkey. By the Russians supporting the Kurds it could be a proxy challenge to NATO.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

No the Vietnam war was HALTED before we hit Saigon with LINE BACKER III,we kind of didn't want to kill so many civilians as THAT is where the enemy stayed when they found out that was the case,however we NEVER lost any engagements and we had broken their backs if it would have continued but as the south was a worthless corrupt regime the french lost their colony after all.
Desert Storm was a win. the 4th largest army on the planet was a joke like MOST of our enemies on the battle field..IF we DECLARE WAR anyway,no one can take us on and remain intact as a nation.
Korea was a win by attrition the Norks are just stubborn and we won Panama,Grenada WEe then begand the BUSH mess in
Iraq,then the LEFT came in to fight and we now have a HUGE mess and a new cold war
edit on 27-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

Lol an Edge at losing. We've never won a real war. Vietnam beat us with AKs & zero body armor.

We beat ourselves with politics, Vietnam had little to do with it. What is a real war to you.? In Desert Storm we won in a very short period of time again Russia top gear... We have honed our skills and equipment for 15 years.

This would not be a good time to go head to head with the US. But anyhow, outside of the US involvements these others are pin bricks, so who cares if the Chinese are there. They will not have a force big enough to do much.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well that adds more fuel to the burn of war against the terrorists! So all we need to see now is the rest of the BRICS countries step in and create a military alliance against ISIL terrorists and to protect each others interests.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7America won the battles of the vietnam war but lost the war and they are going to do the same thing in much of the arab world where the west is hated. This is not because of our opposition to Islam but because of brutality towards the various countries in the arab world and the support of the country that would destroy iraq, syria, lybia, yemen, egypt and iran etc just to support its misguided perception that it should dominate the region. It is very hard to win a war when you think of someones family you have killed as calateral damage, when you think that murdering innocent women and children is acceptable, when you mock thier religion and way of life, when you set one group against another, when you get rid of one dictator just to install another, when you oost democratically elected leaders of a country because they will not let you loot their country and when you destroy thier newly found better standards of living. In the end the political war is more important than the violent oppressive war that is fought by military men. Read some suntzu and you might understand a little better that wars are rarely won on the battlefields.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Qspeedyrock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Well that adds more fuel to the burn of war against the terrorists! So all we need to see now is the rest of the BRICS countries step in and create a military alliance against ISIL terrorists and to protect each others interests.

Brazil is currently going down in flames and has no interest in Syria. Russia's economy is also falling apart, but they have military assets in Syria, a client state, so they have no choice but to get involved. India is doing well under a West-looking administration and has Islamic terrorists to fight on its own territory. China also has no interest in Syria and also has its own domestic terrorists to deal with. In any event, they have a vested interest in seeing Russia fail militarily. Please give up on the BRICs fantasy.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sometimes people say extreamly uninformed things and then wonder why others think they arent too bright.

The future will reveal all that is to come, I suggest people hope for the best but not be too dissapointed if things dont go as planned and end up in a worse state.

As to various allies of Russia like China becomming further involved we will see what happens, it certainly looks like they are allied with Russia.
edit on 27-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Sometimes people say extreamly uninformed things and then wonder why others think they arent too bright.

You mean like thinking that BRICs have anything in common but developing economies?

The future will reveal all that is to come, I suggest people hope for the best but not be too dissapointed if things dont go as planned and end up in a worse state.

Sound advice. I hope you take it. There's still no word from Xinhua and the alleged ship should have arrived in port by now if it was really headed for Syria. It was probably headed for Africa, where China has economic interests.

As to various allies of Russia like China becomming further involved we will see what happens, it certainly looks like they are allied with Russia.

Why do you say that? Can you give an example of a treaty that suggests an actual alliance? They have struck trade deals, of course, but I don't see China signing up for a Russian led coalition anywhere.

Edit To Add: Yes, Almasdar remains the only source for this story, although other news agencies are starting to repeat it. Funny how no-one else has been able to spot a Chinese ship in some of the heaviest trafficked sea lanes on Earth....
edit on 27-9-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

You mean like thinking that BRICs have anything in common but developing economies?

Sound advice. I hope you take it. There's still no word from Xinhua and the alleged ship should have arrived in port by now if it was really headed for Syria. It was probably headed for Africa, where China has economic interests.

Why do you say that? Can you give an example of a treaty that suggests an actual alliance? They have struck trade deals, of course, but I don't see China signing up for a Russian led coalition anywhere.

NO lolz
edit on 27-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

NO lolz

Explain. By the way, have you found any source that confirms the OP's story? I can't.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

NO lolz

Explain. By the way, have you found any source that confirms the OP's story? I can't.

Sure I have but not gonna explain it to ya, try googling it, theres plenty of information out there if you just press a few buttons.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Sure I have but not gonna explain it to ya, try googling it, theres plenty of information out there if you just press a few buttons.

Can you post a link to a single story that does not use Almasdar as a source? No, you can't can you? Are you starting to understand my response above?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join