It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Military Personnel Expected to Arrive in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Interesting if this is true. Will China join in on the Syria stand-off?

Arab Source:
www.almasdarnews.com...

On Tuesday morning, a Chinese naval vessel reportedly traveled through Egypt’s Suez Canal to enter the Mediterranean Sea; its destination was not confirmed.

However, according to a senior officer in the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) that is stationed inside the Syrian coastal city of Latakia, Chinese military personnel and aerial assets are scheduled to arrive in the coming weeks (6 weeks) to the port-city of Tartous – he could not provide anymore detail.

Russia has made it abundantly clear that they are taking an active role in this conflict, but the news of the Chinese military to Syria provides more insight into their contingency.

It appears that Russia is not going to combat ISIS alone: the plan is similar to the U.S.’ idea of a “coalition” of air forces, but far more involved on the ground; this is something the U.S. and their allies have avoided since the inception of their war against ISIS.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Very interesting if true. China may be finally projecting force. Also by this act it clearly strengthens its alliance with Russia. Looks like sides being taken.
edit on 25/9/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have to smile at the way the Russian involvement is portrayed on MSM news here in the U.K. Lots of satellite images of military hardware lined up waiting to be be used on ISIS, how we should have some concerns Russia have now got a foothold in the M.E.

What we should remember is that they have been invited in by Assad, which is more that the U.S, U.K or Israel have, yet all three have used drones or aircraft in the country.

I don't know how true this story is regarding China, but I wonder what is going on in the mind's of the West?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It helps to have a sharp sword, but you got to practice to be any good with it. China and Russia might be trying to get their militaries some real combat experience under their belt. They know the U.S. has a definitive edge when it comes to military experience.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I'm glad there are at least two countries in the world that are getting prepared and ready to fight ISIS. Hopefully American and Europe can wake up soon and join the fight. This is something we should all be united against.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Hell no! Let Putin and his Chinese buddies foot the bill in blood and money. The west needs a rest...even though the west got the ball rolling in the first place....

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
so the rosh, sons of togmar, and the scythians are all being drawn into conflict in the middle east? where have i heard that before?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Hell no! Let Putin and his Chinese buddies foot the bill in blood and money. The west needs a rest...even though the west got the ball rolling in the first place....

That's a good point, and I agree with it. Didn't think that far, it IS about time other countries start doing some dirty work around the world

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Nothing in Xinhua. I suspect this is a rumor being spun by Assad loyalists. Besides, I seriously doubt China would place itself in a position to play second fiddle next to Russia, especially given the danger of conflict with the US.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
we can be certain this will be discussed bigtime this week

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So, you are doubting the possibility of China joining forces with Russia in their fight against ISIS, because that would make the US angry?

If this is true, I say go for it. The west has been avoiding to take any major operations against ISIS for far too long, it's time for more and more countries to step up, while the west is busy fighting against the legally elected presidents of countries in M.E
edit on 25-9-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

So, you are doubting the possibility of China joining forces with Russia in their fight against ISIS, because that would make the US angry?

No, I am saying that China has no reason to risk losing face in a conflict it has no stakes in. Russia has been trying to extend its influence in the region for 300 years. China has been quite content to stop at the Tian Shans.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Wait, so you are saying you don't see a reason for China to stand up against ISIS? Seriously, you don't see any reason on why should they take that move?

What do you propose the world do about ISIS then? Just leave it to the US and the west, even though it's quite obvious they are not going to deal with it, the way it should be dealt?

I agree, Russia has hidden agenda. I mean, they obviously want to destroy ISIS, just because they could take their place and annex all of the countries that they were controlling, right?
edit on 25-9-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

In a strange way this is kind of exciting to see them in a military conflict...clearly I would much prefer peace but from a historical standpoint...very interesting. There is much to gain simply watching how this combat operation evolves...will they be scrutinized by the world with respect to collateral damage? Very interesting indeed...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Wait, so you are saying you don't see a reason for China to stand up against ISIS? Seriously, you don't see any reason on why should they take that move?

No, I'm saying I see no reason why China would want to get mixed up with Russia fighting Muslims in a country it has no economic stakes in. They have their own problems in Xinjiang. If the Islamic separatists there choose to "affiliate" themselves with Daesh, China will fight with them there.

What do you propose the world do about ISIS then? Just leave it to the US and the west, even though it's quite obvious they are not going to deal with it, the way it should be dealt?

I propose the world, and especially the United States and Russia, should stay out of it. Let the ummah deal with it.

I agree, Russia has hidden agenda. I mean, they obviously want to destroy ISIS, just because they could take their place and annex all of the countries that they were controlling, right?

No, but they're hoping that by chasing Daesh out, they will appear to be heroes to secular Arabs. They should know by now that's not how it works. Instead of demonizing the infidel Ferengi and the infidel Ameriki for ruining everything, they will start to demonize the infidel Ruski.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978, how we should have some concerns Russia have now got a foothold in the M.E.

Russia has been meddling in the Middle East for decades. It is no surprise that the Middle East is awash with Russian military equipment. In Syria, they need to keep Assad in power or they lose their naval facilities in Tartus.

China won't get involved. It's too messy and they are more interested in bullying their neighbours. The armchair fantasists may want China to get involved, but they won't.

Oh, and China and Russia are not really so closely allied that they'll work together militarily. That's a bit of a fantasy too.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Oh, and China and Russia are not really so closely allied that they'll work together militarily. That's a bit of a fantasy too.

In fact, China would be delighted if Russia gets a bloody nose there: it would move China up a notch in the Military League playoffs.
edit on 25-9-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wow! You guys are missing the whole point AGAIN!

The world war in Syria is not about oil, ISIS, A sad man, or anything else promoted by the media circus!

Take a look at a map of Europe and the Middle East, Syria and Iraq form the land bridge!
A war in both countries forms a firewall! WHY? Do international leaders want a firewall to prevent people moving across into the ME from Europe?

Again a little research will tell you that the leaders believe in the coming freeze in Europe, think what will happen to 850 million people who live in Europe WHEN that takes place!

They do not want that number of refugees getting into the ME to upset the balance of power! Which would mean a shift in control of the oil resources!

WHY do you think they are placing signs everywhere telling people to KEEP CALM while they build bunkers and buy new homes in NZ, Australia, and Asia!
New Zealand was always too far away from the rest of the world for the rich and famous to be interested, suddenly they all want to move there! There are now more Europeans and Americans in NZ than sheep!
Time to wake up people! And feel the big chill!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Good now they have GOG...or are they Maygog?
I never have gotten that one...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Want2no

In case you haven't noticed, the migration is going the other way. Also, your land bridge dead ends in the Tien Shans and Himalayas.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join