It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Speaks at The Unitied Nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

".... it must be stated that a true "right of the environment" does exist, for two reasons. First, because we human beings are part of the environment. We live in communion with it, since the environment itself entails ethical limits which human activity must acknowledge and respect."

"Any harm done to the environment ... is harm to humanity."

"Man is not authorized to abuse it [the environment], nor is he authorized to destroy it."

Pope Francis Speaks at The Unitied Nations

I'm not a religious man by any means BUT this Pope is such a stud. I've been following all of his addresses here in the US and I'm very impressed.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's nice to see a Pope who is addressing environmental issues.

Making sure the habit of the elusive Sasquatch is preserved for generations to come.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

"Care for God's Creation" is 1 of the 7 Themes of Catholic Social Teaching.

"We show our respect to the Creator by our stewardship of creation. Care for the earth is not just an Earth Day slogan, it is a requirement of our faith" (source:USCCB)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
It's nice to see a Pope who is addressing environmental issues.

Making sure the habit of the elusive Sasquatch is preserved for generations to come.

Now that would be a good talking point for the Pope . Aliens and Bigfoot. Someone go for it and give something besides this boring drivel to listen to. Bring something new to the table.Bee
Been watching , he is truly bored out of his gourd with this pre-written speech

edit on 25-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

his message appealed to all of God's children, not sure about others

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti This is a very good talk and i want to say that, making the environment more harmonius to our existence is like adding more years to our lives. We live long to see our grand children....stephenca

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am not a Christian, but the Pope speaks a lot of sense to me. I think he is a very wise man.

top topics

join