It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republican Leader Will Leave Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
time.com...

He's leaving! Oh my, he's leaving!!
YAY!

John Boehner, whose four-and-a-half years as Speaker of the House of Representatives were defined as much by clashes with his Republican colleagues as they were by his fights with President Obama, is leaving Congress, an aide confirmed.

Boehner told the House GOP conference Friday morning that he will resign both as Speaker and from his seat representing Ohio’s 8th District at the end of October,

This is a developing story, so the article doesn't talk much about why - but they mention he thinks it's "for the good of Congress".

Apparently he's been fighting his own party, and maybe that's why he was crying at the Assembly yesterday!

Wow.

I'll keep this updated as I find more.

Speaker John A. Boehner, under intense pressure from conservatives in his party, will resign one of the most powerful positions in government and give up his House seat at the end of October, throwing Congress into chaos as it tries to avert a government shutdown.

www.nytimes.com... &WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

The implosion continues.

Most recently, Mr. Boehner, 65, was trying to craft a solution to keep the government open through the rest of the year, but was under pressure from a growing base of conservatives who told him that they would not vote for a bill that did not defund Planned Parenthood. Several of those members were on a path to remove Mr. Boehner as speaker, though their ability to do so was far from certain.

What do you guys think? Is this good, or unfortunate? Is it going to help, or make things worse?

It's kind of poignant....(I had to even cover his face while I was watching the Pope speak at the Joint Session. Boehner just....I - I was too distracted by him. I couldn't concentrate).

If he was the only one trying to avert the shut-down, then who are these "fighters" - Cruz and company?

Thoughts?

edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: format error, add more info

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

As mentioned in the other thread, giving up a leadership slot is one thing. Completely resigning his seat..... that doesn't happen unless there is some huge scandal.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Or the avoidance of a huge scandal.....

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Oh! Was there another thread? Search didn't pull one up.
Thanks.

Sorry. Can you link me to it, please?

And, MODS - should I delete this thread entirely?

edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

There a a couple, this is the first or oldest that I see.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Thanks.
I've alerted mods.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Or he finally just realized he was fighting against the monster that is the GOP, and being in the presence of the Pope made him truly ashamed for his part in this whole stupid fracas.

I never could stand the guy (guilt by association, mostly), but the GOP has been swirling since the midterms.

Anyway -

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

There a a couple, this is the first or oldest that I see.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join