It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Boehner Announces Resignation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

They don't look all that healthy and caring. But thats not why he was elected by his constituents so many times.

He looked like he wanted to flop in a couch and just say "blueeeeehhh Im done!" and raspberry the press.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Too bad the entire congress and clown administration didn't follow the lead.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If he runs for President his slogan could be: "Orange is the new black!"

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well I must say, I am happy for him. He seemed like great burdens have been lifted from his shoulders. I can relate to that.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
HA! See? "Zippadee doo dahhh!".....he said. He's relieved of a huge burden.
He said his wife said "Good!" when he said he was thinking about it.

He talked about his Dem Friend lady calling and saying, "I'm proud of you."

"Try to do the right thing every day, for the right reasons" he said.

Okay, now he's up to a 5 on the respectometer. Scale of 1-100 .

I KNEW it! *high fives self - er... claps*

He's trying to do the right thing..........
(And now I could even stand to look at and listen to him!!)
edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: CALLED IT!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Republicans are not too happy about what has been going on.

Like the Iran deal.

The Pope's visit.

And a long list of other things.

*huge gasp*

They're not?

*eyeroll*

edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — Speaker John A. Boehner, under intense pressure from conservatives in his party, announced on Friday that he would resign one of the most powerful positions in government and give up his House seat at the end of October, as Congress moved to avert a government shutdown.

www.nytimes.com...

Speaker John Boehner's resignation has set off an intense round of jockeying for all four House leadership slots, setting up what's expected to be an hyper-competitive internal party election. Read more: www.politico.com...

This is bad for us.

Boehner resigning means the House just became combat ineffective. More so than normal.

I'd keep close eye that will be coming out of the House, and Senate in the next few weeks to months.

For those of you that think this is a good thing?

It's not.

Things can get A WHOLE LOT WORSE.

SM2

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: IAMTAT

The Republican war on women's health has gone from trench-warfare to full scale nuclear attack it seems.

I think he waited to for the pope moment yesterday as he is a catholic and now has bowed out.

While I am glad he is leaving, and i wish he would take a few hundred with him i have a question.

Why is it people such as yourself wish to degrade women? You continually use the phrase "women's health" but what you really mean is a woman's choice (not right, choice, read a dictionary and learn the difference) to use abortion as a form of birth control. It has become a code phrase for , typically, free or subsidized abortions and birth control meds. There is alot more to a woman then a womb and a vagina, not so much according to the left and their adherents . I would never try to reduce my wife to that. So, maybe the real war on womens health is being waged by people like you? Just saying.

Do what you want with your own body, I could not care less, however, killing off perfectly viable pregnancies because the consequences of your own actions "don't fit into your 5 year plan" or other such nonsense is just morally bankrupt. Especially when there are pills and condoms available for free or low cost. Do not attempt to make me the bad guy because I do not think the government should be paying for you to kill off viable pregnancies. My personal opinion is that it is reprehensible to kill a viable fetus because you make poor decisions, or have poor planning skills.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It's called an "implosion".
Yeah, it's bad for you. I was pretty sure I saw it coming....
but, you know, I'm just a drippy vapid liberal bleeding-heart lily-livered Progressive woman.

Who'da thunk???

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So, i should know the answer to this, but i dont. who selects the representative that replaces him?

Is Ohio going to have a rushed election? Will the Governor select some one? The state legislature? The president?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

It's called an "implosion".
Yeah, it's bad for you. I was pretty sure I saw it coming....
but, you know, I'm just a drippy vapid liberal bleeding-heart lily-livered Progressive woman.

Who'da thunk???

Is that so?

So what happens when 'hardliners' seize control ?

That's not an implosion.

That's an explosion of things the LEFT is not going to like so much.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well, I'm having a great week so far....

things are going my way!!

Okay - I'm out. I don't really care to belabor the facts and issues any further this beautiful afternoon.

ETA: I was just watching it again, and he said THE GOLDEN RULE is most important, and plus......we share a birthday!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: NihilistSantaI said Kosmicjack's explanation that politicians rarely cede power willingly appeared to be based off of anecdote and not data. There IS data out there to answer that question.

Why would anyone take the time to go dig for data to support a non-controversial, common sensical general observation on a discussion board? LOL! What's more, why would anyone demand it?

I wasn't demanding it, I was getting to the bottom of how confident you felt that opinion was.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I'm ready for things to finally come to a gridlock. Both sides have been fighting each other tooth and nail over stupid stuff that doesn't make any difference to anyone. Members of congress run their mouths for votes to get a nice paycheck. Then blame partisanship for why they couldn't accomplish anything they said they wanted to.

I'd like for things to finally come to a head so we can really see what these people we vote for are made of and just how far they're willing to go to fight for the things we voted them in for.

edit on 9/25/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The GOP are the new NAZIS!

They treat Human beings like the NAZIS treated human beings

Particularly human beings of color and anything other than white men

So any disruption in their midst is good!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You see a lot of what the Pope said to that retched body of congress was anti GOP and put those antihuman scoundrels on the spot

Boehner probably wanted to take the entire Popes message away from the media

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The GOP are the new NAZIS!

They treat Human beings like the NAZIS treated human beings

Particularly human beings of color and anything other than white men

So any disruption in their midst is good!

I have no great view of either party. Can you tell me the location of the gas chambers and big ovens are though. I liken politicians of both parties as lower than whale excrement, but if we have chambers and ovens from one party may have to adjust that opinion even lower

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Seems to me like his guilty conscience finally smacked him. Or yeah, maybe he's just tired of trying to stop the GOP implosion.

Bittersweet, but I figured the Republicans would come unglued after the mid-terms.

Accept that he always seemed like he would hold on tooth and nail to his position, power being the most important thing in his life.
IF someone finally got something to hold over him it will probably never come out if he resigns and leaves congress also.

Where are all of his entourage didn't see them in the latest news photos, abandoning the sinking ship perhaps.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
He got out of the Insane Asylum....Now we need McCain,Pelosi,Harry Reid and a hole host of others to resign.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join