It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Boehner Announces Resignation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have to admit one point in particular I saw made here, is fascinating:
It really DOES seem that the Left is more upset at seeing Boehner go, than the Right is.
That would be like the Right being more upset than the Left about Harry Reid stepping down.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
nm
edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I kind of agree. No one gives up power willingly, it's forced.

The only exception is if he has had some sort of spiriual revelation or a personal crisis of health or family.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Honestly, I can't help but to think he decided to leave much earlier, but was just waiting for that framed photo of him shaking hands with the Pope, to hang in his man-cave at home.
edit on 25-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I kind of agree. No one gives up power willingly, it's forced.

The only exception is if he has had some sort of spiriual revelation or a personal crisis of health or family.

The existence of retirement proves this wrong...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Stay on topic, people. I am not the topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, but one tends to retire at the end of things, not in the midst of them, especially not in the midst of a power struggle - unless you are losing it. Come on.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
TSK! TSK!! TSK!!!

Quit the bickering...it's beginning to sound like a herd of politicians here

You are responsible for your own posts.

Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Yes, but one tends to retire at the end of things, not in the midst of them, especially not in the midst of a power struggle - unless you are losing it. Come on.

Well for this situation, yes, it is likely he didn't retire willingly, but saying that people never cede away power willingly is a false claim. Retirement is just one example of when people do so.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Except that he cried while he was sitting there behind the Pope, looking quite sheepish (no pun intended).

For us gals watching, it spoke volumes.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Except that he cried while he was sitting there behind the Pope, looking quite sheepish (no pun intended).

For us gals watching, it spoke volumes.

Don't girls like 'sensitive' men? [sob]

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Just wondering out loud,

I wonder if they have a contingency to pay themselves with bit-coin in case the Fed goes belly up, or maybe yen or rubles?

I'm sure Boehner has something up his sleeve. He is a drunk, albeit a smart one...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

We do! That's why my respect for him went up 2 points.
Shows he has feelings after all.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

There is just too much evidence out there that points that this decision came as a result of the fracture in the GOP.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

That ship has been sinking, and even though he's the captain, I don't blame him for abandoning...
anyway -

I'd be wondering more if it was a White House deal - he talked to the Pope last night....and he talks to Obama daily.
Maybe together they all made a decision - in Boehner's best interest as a human being.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It certainly wasn't in the GOP's best interests. He was one of the last few keeping the party sane and together. Too bad they threw him out for that very reason.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Retirement is a universal, mundane thing not as often associated with power as it is may be simply with working in general - you know - productivity, responsibility or paying bills.

But in the context of this thread, we're talking of politicians which are almost always associated with power. In fact, very often, politicians cede one powerful position only to seek another. Like Governors or Senators seeking the Presidency.

Aside from George Washington, not many examples of U.S. politicians in their prime just walking away altogether from powerful positions. Some sure, but one could argue just how actually powerful they were or not. The Speaker of the House is very powerful.

But I know you love to argue so...I'll wait for it.

edit on 9/25/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join