It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Boehner Announces Resignation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Are you a woman needing women's health assistance?

Proven fake by whom? CNN, CBS, or NBC news?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
CNN is saying Keven McCarthy is possible.

Gingrich says McCarthy, as well.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If we handed the pp decision to the pop what do you all think he would choose?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
CNN is also saying Boehner came to the decision yesterday evening following the Pope visit.
These comments might be really juicy television.

edit on 9/25/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

PM me if you want to discuss my views further. AGAIN, this is about Boehner.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I still think it's really 'personal'...
farm6.staticflickr.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The actual results of elections show otherwise. The state elections were dominated by Republicans. The congressional and senate races were won by Republicans AFTER they shut the government down the last time.

This is not good news for the Democrats as the GOP won't have leadership that is willing to bend. I am not voting for conservatives for them to compromise and make friends... I want them to stop the agenda. The problem is Boehner and McConnell are part of the agenda.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So he finally pissed someone off that knows where the bodies are buried.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
thank God.

Sorry....but our elected leaders should not be crying all the time.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
CNN is also saying Boehner came to the decision yesterday evening following the Pope visit.
These comments might be really juicy television.

His fellow republican that crazy critter Ted Cruz seems to feel that the pope needs to be fired for daring to discuss current events. I dare say that would not sit well with a devout catholic like Boehner.

And then came the bombshell: “I really think the Vatican ought to reconsider keeping Francis as the Pope in the future. I really don’t know how that whole papal thing works, but if they have the ability to fire him or something, they should put some serious though into that option. Otherwise, at the rate he’s going, he might even decide to run in the 2016 U.S. presidential election,” Cruz concluded.

Ted Cruz calls for the Vatican to fire Pope Francis

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

What does this have to do with Boehner resigning?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Pelosi spoke and said it is a good indication of what a mess the GOP is in. She implied that he didn't want to go through another ordeal of shutting the government down - this time over planned parenthood.

Although, I thought they'd already agreed they wouldn't shut the government down this year because of the ridicule they got last time?

I can't find a replacement on those lists that is as remotely 'moderate' as he is. Jess Sessions is a walking nightmare. Surely not.......... It seems he is even supporting Trump for President.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The actual results of elections show otherwise. The state elections were dominated by Republicans. The congressional and senate races were won by Republicans AFTER they shut the government down the last time.

This is not good news for the Democrats as the GOP won't have leadership that is willing to bend. I am not voting for conservatives for them to compromise and make friends... I want them to stop the agenda. The problem is Boehner and McConnell are part of the agenda.

It's been said many times that more Democratic voters come out to vote for Presidential elections as opposed to mid-term elections.

Poll: GOP Would Get Blame for Shutdown

Believe what you want, but a shutdown WILL bite the GOP in the ass.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

KJ mentioned his pope visit may have affected him to step down, and I thought it fitting that his fellow republican is calling for the popes sacking which may have rubbed him the wrong way and contributed to his decision to step down.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

KJ mentioned his pope visit may have affected him to step down, and I thought it fitting that his fellow republican is calling for the popes sacking which may have rubbed him the wrong way and contributed to his decision to step down.
That's possible. Boehner appears to be very devout.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So I guess he cancelled his presser...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I was reading some comments on Pelosi's twitter, and one of the tweets (from someone else) was:

"He can't even stand working with the right-wingers of his own party".

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Good grief!!!

Cruz should be thrown out of the candidacy and arrested for treason.

What an asshat. Smarmy looking, Bible-thumping, loudmouth ignoramous. I'd have 'divorced' myself from it, too - no matter how I had to deal with him.

The GOP will be an even bigger laughing-stock than they already are - the clowns!!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I only found out yesterday he was a devout catholic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join