It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Boehner Announces Resignation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:
(post by ProfessorChaos removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
a reply to: IAMTAT

Too bad the entire congress and clown administration didn't follow the lead.

Exactly

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i have no use for my government, and am ashamed of my country.

After what I have read about Afghanistan, i just cannot care about anything else.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Are you talking about the decision to keep our soldiers in Afghanistan past 2016?

If so, I can agree with you.

Edit: I know where you're coming from now. Still agree. I didn't comment on that thread because I just didn't know what to think or to say.
edit on 9/25/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I suppose we will learn who are the top lobbyists at this time. This will just make things worse as the battle for control starts. Which bought out sociopath gets the position? Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
maybe he's been chosen to be the vice presidential candidate for whoever has been chosen to be the presidential candidate..
ya know, get out of the way and let us shut down the gov't and we'll guarentee you the vp ticket.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The GOP are the new NAZIS!

They treat Human beings like the NAZIS treated human beings

Particularly human beings of color and anything other than white men

So any disruption in their midst is good!

You actually mean the big city police departments right?

Maybe now when Boehner leaves, the real problems will be brought into the light.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

War on Women?

I been waiting for the last seven years on drone footage.

No luck from the UN either.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

its off topic...just emotion over welling for me.

link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkramer
So, i should know the answer to this, but i dont. who selects the representative that replaces him?

Is Ohio going to have a rushed election? Will the Governor select some one? The state legislature? The president?

I'm going to guess McCarthy...former House whip and all. McCarthy is a bit to "liberal" though, and some on the far-right may raise a stink. Consider that Eric Cantor wasn't even "conservative" enough for Republican supporters.

Boehner leaving, and many in his own party not seeing him as "conservative enough" does not bode well for anyone. If we thought nothing ever got done in congress before...

As I've said in other places around here, the GOP is backing themselves into a corner by becoming more and more radicalized to the right. If McCarthy isn't picked, it'll likely be someone incredibly far-right.

I think Boehner doesn't want to be remembered as shutting down the government again. He will be out at the end of October, before the deadline for the new budget. I think he'll force a new budget through...
edit on 25-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: kosmicjack

I mentioned it just now -- but if you look at his eyes...my goodness, there's not only sorrow and emptiness in them, but they are always bloodshot and bleary. The man looks like he's perpetually hung over. His eyes just don't look right to me, and haven't for a while now.

Sounds like he should be on a suicide watch.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thank you for answering my question.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Accept that he always seemed like he would hold on tooth and nail to his position, power being the most important thing in his life.

His fingernails and teeth seem to have been chewed off / ripped out by the roots.

And, sorry to be pedantic, but do you mean "accept" as in accept the fact, or "except" as in here's another possibility, or he's an exception to the rule or, can be singled out as not included in the group? Like in, they're all the same except for him; or, just suck it up, accept that this is what he did.

Big diff - just wondering which was your intent.

edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: format fail train!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He burned too many bridges within his own caucus. There really aren't that many TEA Party conservatives out of the 218 Republican votes - only about 20 to 30. But then he alienated the fiscal conservatives and the hawks. Between the three groups, he was only left with the few like-minded (as in progressive Republicans and Democrats not afraid to go along with him). That wasn't enough to sustain his leadership if it were challenged and motion to do was filed and would have bought his leadership under vote in January.

Rather than face the public humiliation. He does this.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: EternalSolace

its off topic...just emotion over welling for me.

link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That kills me too, Its my opinion we should have men and women from the military being court marshaled and dishonorably discharged in DROVES, in spite of these orders........

When I was enlisted, it was our duty to defy unlawful orders.........

I dont think its off topic because that, along with whats been going on w the government, just shows its SYSTEMIC!
edit on 9/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: kosmicjack

I mentioned it just now -- but if you look at his eyes...my goodness, there's not only sorrow and emptiness in them, but they are always bloodshot and bleary. The man looks like he's perpetually hung over. His eyes just don't look right to me, and haven't for a while now.

Sounds like he should be on a suicide watch.

Well the guy has been reported to be an alcoholic, there are stories of him being sauced while carrying out his duties, thats why his eyes always look so damn glossy in every thing you see him in

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well the guy has been reported to be an alcoholic,

Self-medication. And who can blame him???

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i have no use for my government, and am ashamed of my country.

After what I have read about Afghanistan, i just cannot care about anything else.

Yeah that story is horrendous, don't blame you BFFT.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Mr. Dent said there had been “a lot of sadness in the room” when Mr. Boehner made his announcement to colleagues, and he blamed the House’s hard-right members, who he said were unwilling to govern. “It’s clear to me that the rejectionist members of our conference clearly had an influence on his decision,” Mr. Dent said. “That’s why I’m not happy about what happened today. We still have important issues to deal with, and this will not be easier for the next guy.”

So it looks like the House of Representatives has gotten extremist, even too extremist for Bohner. He probably doesn't want to deal with another manipulative tactic, which would be yet another government shutdown unless Planned Parenthood is defunded. These government shutdowns are coming from the extreme right-wing.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

So it looks like the House of Representatives has gotten extremist, even too extremist for Bohner. He probably doesn't want to deal with another manipulative tactic, which would be yet another government shutdown unless Planned Parenthood is defunded. These government shutdowns are coming from the extreme right-wing.

DING DING DING!! THat is the correct answer!!!

edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Plus, one more thought before I again take my leave:

I used to work in public alternative schools, as a para-educator for the kids who were SB/ED (Severely Behaviorally/Emotionally Disordered).

I'm telling ya......a person can only deal with it so long before they have to either lose their sanity or move along to something else.
Voice of experience here.

For what it's worth.

edit on 9/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join