It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush: The Pope Shouldn't Discuss Climate Change Because 'He's Not A Scientist'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So the pope has a degree or some such in chemistry? According to the thread about the physicist who resigned from that global warming research group, the pope is not qualified to talk about global warming. And people get off the Bush derangement here. Can't wait to see the democrats actually have a "debate". The only difference will be the price tags their ideas will have. So amazing to see that global warming is a completely settled science. Science has a great track record with theories like this.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think Jeb understands that to people like the Pope it's not in debate anymore. He doesn't have to be a scientist because he's not there to explain what's happening with the climate or the reasons behind it. He's already past that stage and has accepted it already. He's now in the stage of wanting to try and help the situation. So he doesn't have to be a scientist to try and help the problem.

Jeb on the other hand hasn't accepted there is a problem yet. So that is where his mistake is in judging the Pope. He's implying that the Pope is there to study the climate and tell people what's happening but that's not what he's doing. He's going by whatever scientists advise him and has accepted their assessment on the situation. Jeb is claiming to still not know and thinks nobody else knows either. Or he's concluded that it's not happening and only pretending to have not made up his mind yet, but it's one of the two.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
So the pope has a degree or some such in chemistry? According to the thread about the physicist who resigned from that global warming research group, the pope is not qualified to talk about global warming. And people get off the Bush derangement here. Can't wait to see the democrats actually have a "debate". The only difference will be the price tags their ideas will have. So amazing to see that global warming is a completely settled science. Science has a great track record with theories like this.

But if the pope is unqualified to talk about Global Warming then who is, and who decides what we're qualified to talk about?

Global Warming effects me directly. I have a right to an opinion and to research it and to speak out about it. I do it here but also in real life with those I associate with. I also have views on religion based on my life experience and my extensive reading on the subject. But using your logic, I'm not qualified to speak about it, only a priest or someone who went to seminary school for years is.

Thats' what was wrong in and before the middle ages. Only holy men were allowed to talk about God and look where that got us.

If my knee hurts and I have experience in Martial Arts and sports, am I not qualified to speak about my knee because I am not a doctor?

On issues that effect us, we ARE qualified to speak about them. Climate Change and Man's impact on the Climate should be something the Pope talks about.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

NEO you are absolutely wrong on that because he has the same rights to interject on the issue that you do.

Hows that I don't have over a billion followers that hang on my every word.

Be nice if I did though.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

NEO you are absolutely wrong on that because he has the same rights to interject on the issue that you do.

Hows that I don't have over a billion followers that hang on my every word.

Be nice if I did though.

It isn't the Pope's fault that you are not popular.

Seems like you are just jealous that few people care about your opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It seems to be a running theme, the insecurity which is displayed whenever someone who barely understands the situation in their own nation, objects to the utterance of an objective view from outside that nation.

As established as that theme surely is, it is still utterly unsupportable. It is impossible to have such a closed mind, and have worthy thoughts oneself.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It seems to be a running theme, the insecurity which is displayed whenever someone who barely understands the situation in their own nation, objects to the utterance of an objective view from outside that nation.

Now that was hilarious.

As established as that theme surely is, it is still utterly unsupportable. It is impossible to have such a closed mind, and have worthy thoughts oneself.

There is no such thing as an 'open mind' when it comes to American politics.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

There is no such thing as an 'open mind' when it comes to American politics.

Well that is precisely the problem, would you not agree?

Without open minds there can be no movement, without open minds there can be no learning, no understanding, no improvement and no growth. All that happens when minds are closed, is that nothing gets achieved, the problems which plague the past never get dealt with and become generational, the problems of the future although plain from the present, rush up un-challenged and sweep away that which ought to have been defended against them.

There is no wisdom in it.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The religious right are most agitated right now cos the pope intervened in this. How embarrassing for them to deny the science and along comes Earth Christian No 1 backing up the science ! (Apologies to the protestants in the audience but there is no proddie global head of church as such....hypocritical if there was really I suppose, but hey that's for another thread). Anyhow back to Climate change the supposed myth of the 21st century that the animals, plants and icebergs seem to be believe in but the US money backed establishment and brainwashed followers don't....oops and now the pope does.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Jeb is not a nuclear physicist but he wants access to the most lethal nuclear arsenal in the world. He should apply his "logic" to himself.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
As a Christian,both the Pope and I believe that God created this planet of ours and that we should take care of it.That's all he is really saying,and I agree.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The global warming scam is actually very similar to the one the Catholic Church has been running. It's faith based with constant reinterpretations when the facts don't match the predictions, it wants a percentage of your income in exchange for salvation from a fiery fate and has extremist supporters who want the speech of heretic "deniers" who disagree with them banned. It's very much like the Catholic Church in its heyday except the heretics aren't being burned at the stake... yet. Considering this I would say the Pope would be an expert on the topic.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is an ethical responsibility issues not scientific one.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Seems like you are just jealous that few people care about your opinion.

a few too many if you ask me

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

The Pope actually has a degree in science......

If you want to take that approach, great. But we are told when a scientist disagrees with the 'consensus' that they do not have an applicable degree.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Jeb is an idiot. ... Jeb is hardly in a position to complain. That genetic accident can barely tie his own shoes!

Jeb shouldn't discuss anything, he has the MORON gene like most of the rest of his family in past or present public office. He should just STFU, sit in the corner and drool.

Cheers - Dave

Because insults prove the point!

Seriously, I'm not a Jeb supporter either but your posts were pointless and added nothing to the debate.
edit on 26-9-2015 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
A republican calling for separation of church and state? Wow!! That's rich...
I guess it only counts if it fits their agenda.

Anti-theology liberals calling for politicians to listen to a religious leader and take his advice?

I guess it only counts if it fits their agenda...

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

I just find this sudden faith and acceptance of what a catholic pope says to be quite peculiar. Especially from the left who spend a great deal of their time belittling and demonizing Christians/catholics

Yeah, it seems like only 3 years ago the Democrats were denying God in their political platform... oh wait it was 3 years ago!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega
It's not that peculiar. The Pope is the sanest political/religious figure on the planet. That doesn't mean I want a pope at all but I do want a moderated and regulated capitalist system where workers ALSO share in the performance of the company, as much as a CEO and shareholders.

Then you don't want a capitalist system.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
First Amendment

End of discussion.

Why is this topic on fours pages?
edit on 26-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join