It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush: The Pope Shouldn't Discuss Climate Change Because 'He's Not A Scientist'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Jeb shouldn't discuss anything, he has the MORON gene like most of the rest of his family in past or present public office. He should just STFU, sit in the corner and drool.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/25.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Ok folks. You can't make this # up!

Jeb Bush: The Pope Shouldn't Discuss Climate Change Because 'He's Not A Scientist'

WASHINGTON -- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said he disagrees with Pope Francis' call to fight climate change and thinks the pope should not delve into the issue because he "is not a scientist."

"He's not a scientist, he's a religious leader," Bush said, according to a video posted by the Democratic opposition research group American Bridge.

Well guess what! Neither is Jeb Bush! What an ass...

At the time, GOP presidential candidate and former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Penn.) made the same accusation as Bush, saying that the pontiff should "leave science to the scientists." However, Francis holds a degree as a chemical technician and worked as a chemist before becoming a priest.

Irony is just too sweet. He may not have been a Climate Scientist, but looks like he has more scientific education than these two bozos.

There are many issues we have disagreed on but this isn't one of them.

That said.....I am really surprised at the obvious visceral response of some of the Republicans to the Pope. In years past, its been my observation that the "Conservatives" would kind of shake their heads at the Pope and mumble about his being anti-capitalist, but this time around the expressions of anger and outrage indicate to me that they're rather more afraid of what the Pope is saying and is doing than I'd have expected. It tells me that they're quite concerned that far more people are agreeing with the Pope than they had hoped. It tells me the Republican establishment types and their corporate backers are actually now intimidated and are worried that their empire is threatened.

This Pope resonates with a huge number of Americans because he is very much aligned with the social justice movement that is surging in both North and South America. I don't know and can't say that the Democrats necessarily have a monopoly on the social justice issue, but its now become apparent that having tied "social justice" into the issue of climate change, TPTB are now feeling the status quo is genuinely under assault. Put another way, it appears to me that the 1% are starting to "sweat".

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don't buy into the whole man made climate change, but Jeb Bush should probably stop talking politics because he's not a leader.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It's quite clear, Jab is only jealous of the Pope for the kind of publicity his getting.

He is trying to get some publicity himself for his campaign.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i thought they played on the same team

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Jeb Bush should really only be discussing how the round block won't fit into the triangle hole. Don't worry buddy, you'll get there one day!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A republican calling for separation of church and state? Wow!! That's rich...
I guess it only counts if it fits their agenda.

If the Pope is unnerving the GOP
then he must be doing something right.
Go Francis go!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Something is wrong
Or has gone wrong, im curious!!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No the Vatican has just figured out how to take the "social justice warriors" money too now.... Useful idiots....

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That is an interesting take on things. I had to give you a star for that. You may be right with your claims there. It remains to be seen what the endgame is and what all the players are thinking behind the scenes.

It is interesting that many from the GOP are trying to drag the Pope down into partisan politics. The pope doesn't care about our political bickering. Those attacks won't work on him.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Let me get this straight. We're supposed to listen to a guy who's job it is to continue a lie in order to control the masses, when he claims man is the cause of alleged global warming and we just need to give government more power and more money to stop it?

Translation: "The pope said something I don't agree with, therefore he is wrong."

I just find this sudden faith and acceptance of what a catholic pope says to be quite peculiar. Especially from the left who spend a great deal of their time belittling and demonizing Christians/catholics

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I remember in the 70's it was Ice Age them Global Warming, Global Cooling and now Climate Change...
but what I actually see is Pollution of our planet and +7 billion souls.... to me the problem seems obvious!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
...but politicians in America are all experts on religion, and how to use it to their advantage.

The left is so open because we see a sane man preaching moderation while the people who follow the so-called religion want to use everything in excess until it's gone.

It's not that peculiar. The Pope is the sanest political/religious figure on the planet. That doesn't mean I want a pope at all but I do want a moderated and regulated capitalist system where workers ALSO share in the performance of the company, as much as a CEO and shareholders.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The Pope in speech to congress actually skipped a political punch line.

Imagine the stir up he could caused if he had gone ahead with the line. Jab would be drooling all over the media on that as it would have been a direct attack to TPTB.

"If politics must truly be at the service of the human person, it follows that it cannot be a slave to the economy and finance." The paragraph defines politics in terms of the "compelling need to live as one" and building a common good that "sacrifices particular interests in order to share, in justice and peace, its goods, its interests, its social life."

edit on 25-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega
...but consumers in America are all experts on food, and how to use it to their advantage.

The left is so open because we see a Ronald Mcdonald preaching moderation while the people who follow the so-called burger joint want to use everything in excess until it's gone.

It's not that peculiar. Ronald Mcdonald is the sanest spokesman/salesman figure on the planet. That doesn't mean I want a burger at all but I do want a moderated and regulated capitalist system where workers ALSO share in the performance of the company, as much as a CEO and shareholders.

Fixed it....

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5

originally posted by: pilgrimOmega
...but consumers in America are all experts on food, and how to use it to their advantage.

The left is so open because we see a Ronald Mcdonald preaching moderation while the people who follow the so-called burger joint want to use everything in excess until it's gone.

It's not that peculiar. Ronald Mcdonald is the sanest spokesman/salesman figure on the planet. That doesn't mean I want a burger at all but I do want a moderated and regulated capitalist system where workers ALSO share in the performance of the company, as much as a CEO and shareholders.

Fixed it....

yeah, you're fixed all right.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

WASHINGTON -- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said he disagrees with Pope Francis' call to fight climate change and thinks the pope should not delve into the issue because he "is not a scientist."

"He's not a scientist, he's a religious leader," Bush said, according to a video posted by the Democratic opposition research group American Bridge.

Well guess what! Neither is Jeb Bush! What an ass...

At the time, GOP presidential candidate and former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Penn.) made the same accusation as Bush, saying that the pontiff should "leave science to the scientists." However, Francis holds a degree as a chemical technician and worked as a chemist before becoming a priest.

Irony is just too sweet. He may not have been a Climate Scientist, but looks like he has more scientific education than these two bozos.

Ha! What an idiot. So I guess he is no longer going to speak on anything except politics? Wait....can he credibly be called a politician?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

By his own logic, he has never been President so he cannot discuss Presidency?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

He was born in Argentina, a South AMERICAN country.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Thanks for splitting hairs there. Such a great contribution to the thread... /sarc

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join