It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush: The Pope Shouldn't Discuss Climate Change Because 'He's Not A Scientist'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ok folks. You can't make this # up!

Jeb Bush: The Pope Shouldn't Discuss Climate Change Because 'He's Not A Scientist'

WASHINGTON -- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said he disagrees with Pope Francis' call to fight climate change and thinks the pope should not delve into the issue because he "is not a scientist."

"He's not a scientist, he's a religious leader," Bush said, according to a video posted by the Democratic opposition research group American Bridge.

Well guess what! Neither is Jeb Bush! What an ass...

At the time, GOP presidential candidate and former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Penn.) made the same accusation as Bush, saying that the pontiff should "leave science to the scientists." However, Francis holds a degree as a chemical technician and worked as a chemist before becoming a priest.

Irony is just too sweet. He may not have been a Climate Scientist, but looks like he has more scientific education than these two bozos.
edit on 25-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well, neither is he or the President or many of the people involved. But they do have scientists that advise them.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Climate Change is a bigger issue than the Republicans like to think, so of course the Pope can discuss it. It is going to result in sea level rises that are going to threaten coastal cities and it could change weather patterns, bringing in heavier storm cycles. Lots of plants and animals might even go extinct. It is exactly the type of thing the Pope should be discussing because people need to be aware of what is going on and other people who have the power to take action need to take action and not be selfish.
edit on 25amFri, 25 Sep 2015 07:32:25 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So, not only is Jeb! wrong, but he and his talking-point feeding handlers are so out of touch with the real world that they missed this whole discussion back in June. Way to go.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I love the Pope's dedication on climate change. I mean he took a sailboat to America instead of airplanes to reduce emissions, has been driving purely electric vehicles whiles he's been here and he's even been using more sensible transportation in leu of taking helicopters everywhere.... O wait never mind. I guess the pope forgot the old verbiage....

" practice what you preach."
edit on 25-9-2015 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Well, neither is he or the President or many of the people involved. But they do have scientists that advise them.

BUT....a healthy portion of Jesuit priests ARE bona fide scientist, who also advise the Pope, without the density of political pondscum. The Vatican has its own pondscum to contend with unrelated to such matters, yet to be sanitized by Francis at large.

This just proves Ivy league educations still deficate morons.
edit on 25-9-2015 by trifecta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Jeb bush shouldn't discuss humanity because he's not human. What a dumbazz

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well, running off that logic Jeb Bush should only discuss mass murder, because his bloodline are expert war-pigs.

There is nothing more dangerous to the human race, and there is no bigger waste of space and money on the planet than a millionaire dynastic career politician.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This post wins the thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Let me get this straight. We're supposed to listen to a guy who's job it is to continue a lie in order to control the masses, when he claims man is the cause of alleged global warming and we just need to give government more power and more money to stop it?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I wish I could say it more eloquently, but I can't stand Jeb Bush.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Well, running off that logic Jeb Bush should only discuss mass murder, because his bloodline are expert war-pigs.

There is nothing more dangerous to the human race, and there is no bigger waste of space and money on the planet than a millionaire dynastic career politician.

Unless of course those politicians are toeing a line you agree with like AGW?
edit on 25-9-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The pope isn't a politician. He isn't even American. I'm pretty sure he is outside the scope of American political influence.
edit on 25-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Let me get this straight. We're supposed to listen to a guy who's job it is to continue a lie in order to control the masses, when he claims man is the cause of alleged global warming and we just need to give government more power and more money to stop it?

Translation: "The pope said something I don't agree with, therefore he is wrong."

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Unless of course that politicians is toeing a line you agree with or is promoting AGW?

That would be the reason behind the OP . And looks is if there is no material on the OP , just name calling. How adult and original.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

edit on 25-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

You drove that nail through the board with one swing of the hammer, didn't you?

Please tell me we're not going to have to listen to another Bush talk about ANYTHING for 4 years.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Didn't Rick Santorum criticize the Pope about this way back? "Leave it to the scientists" he said - Jeb Bush is a terrible human being on all levels. Conversely, the Pope seems like a pretty genuine person. Jeb, stfu and sit down

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The Pope actually has a degree in science......

This is typical, Jeb is just being a sockpuppet for the industries who wish to ignore human indued climate change. That said I would consider someone who 'earned' a degree in Latino Studies, as someone who went to college to party and not actually learn anything except scoring Latina ladies.....

Serisously look up Jebby's college 'education'.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Jeb needs to take a day every year and fly to Texas and go punch George in the face.

Since this doesn't happen then Jeb can KMA.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Jeb is an idiot.

The Pope however, has a diploma in chemistry and worked as a chemist for a time before entering the seminary. Sure, he has not got a doctorate, but Jeb is hardly in a position to complain. That genetic accident can barely tie his own shoes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join