It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Reserve Chair Yellen Gets Medical Attention After Struggling With Speech - Stroke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Source

Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen received medical attention on Thursday after coughing, pausing and struggling to finish a speech in which she said the U.S. central bank was on track to raise interest rates this year for the first time in nearly a decade.

The 69-year-old Fed chief, who had been speaking for nearly an hour before a packed university auditorium here, appeared to lose her place in reading the last few lines of her speech on inflation. She abruptly said: "Let me stop there."

So the head of the Federal Reserve can't finish a speech and seems to lose her place while talking.

Wondering if she had a stroke. Makes me think of the BMW CEO that had something similar happen.

So, what happens if the head of the Fed steps down? Anyone have any ideas on who would be next? I find it interesting that this comes at a time when there is a lot of talk about the Federal Reserve AND it would allow Obama to pick another chair prior to his term ending......seems odd timing to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If she gets to hospital quickly and they are on their game she may well go back to her position . Watched my grandmother after a stroke and it is not nice for anyone . Strokes = not nice for anyone .

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

The 69-year-old Fed chief, who had been speaking for nearly an hour

Almost 70 and on her feet for an hour giving a speech. It could have been dehydration, fatigue, blood clot in the leg, etc. For someone of that age, even a healthy person, standing for that long may be a problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Maybe she really couldn't believe the tripe she is having to feed the mass. Hiding a secret is very stressful and eventually takes its toll. No matter what the cause I hope she is fine.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This article made me think of this recent thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...

where there seems to be a sudden struggle to speak clearly. Makes you wonder.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Here's the speech. She was really having trouble and a mini stroke does come to mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
had been talking for over an hour?

what on earth could you possibly have to say?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
That video looks pretty bad. She's slurring, pausing, body is swaying. I'd have called it a TKO after seeing the swaying and pausing. Not a good sign.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Wasn't there a rash of newscasters talking gibberish, sweating, swaying, and slurring their speech just last year?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
February 4, 2017

Federal Reserve Chair JANET YELLEN is expected to get "the ax" soon. That was one of candidate Trump's campaign promises. Promises that President Trump is trying very hard to keep.

Janet Yellen Made History, is likely on her way out soon: www.msn.com... nntp

top topics

join