It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists take puppy from homeless man.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I think you need to go talk to some homeless people who have pets. For them, it's not always just a begging tool.

Having a pet breaks up the monotony and gives them companionship. It can be pretty boring and lonely out there.

Having a pet gives them a schedule, something to strive for greater than themselves. Many homeless people will credit their animal for keeping them off drugs and getting their lives together.

Having a pet often keeps them out of many shelters, as animals will often not be allowed in them. So having a pet can be a sacrifice in the regards for shelter or food for themselves.

So, really, go have a chat with someone less fortunate and see why they have that pet. I bet you'll be surprised.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kewlaz

Their facebook and twitter are up, but their webpage has been taken down.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I worked and lived with travelers and the homeless for several years, and companion animals are invaluable to helping ward of the inhospitable nature of self-centered human beings. As it has been stated before, companion animals help provide schedules and something to focus on greater than themselves. I've known kids who gave up hard drugs to insure their puppies had enough to eat. It's amazing what having a furry friend can do for the long term should one find themselves in crisis or transitional states.

I'm not a violent person....far from it....but those two thieves in the video make me really want to go Full On Hand of God on their asses. That was an absolutely disgusting and inhumane display, and the fact they sold the puppy for a profit makes it even worse. I'm usually a very tolerant person, but some things.....some things just cross the goddamn line.

edit on 9/26/15 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is funny to be in this forum. We had people telling poor people to get a pet in the pet section.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Nothing a baseball bat can't remedy. Joe Pesci style.
edit on 29-9-2015 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A pet may also be the only security a homeless person has. A cat that hangs out with you suddenly getting tense and looking around alot or a small dog growling and yipping every now and then are giving pretty good clues to watch your back. Could be warning of other animals (rats or wild dogs) or perhaps some other person that may have ill intentions. It's not cool at all to take that away from somebody.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hope death visits those that took his dog.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join