It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists take puppy from homeless man.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
they should have taken a crap and piss all over him and stole his coat and sandwich while they were at it. self righteous punks.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Why didn't they rescue him, too?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
**** man..... that is some BS.
You can hear the guy is distraught, just heartbreaking.
Absolute ***** the lot of them - what gives them the right to steal the guys dog?

Grrrrrr

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
Why didn't they rescue him, too?

Because apparently being an activist means that humans < dogs

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I read one article where a McDonald's employee assists a man in eating his meal. I read another article where people forcibly take away a homeless man's companion. Why are the people of this world always at the two extremes. I read one article that reminds me that just maybe it isn't too late for us. Then I see something like this that makes me want to hate people even more than I do.

I'll never understand the human capicity to treat others like crap. I will NEVER understand it.

edit on 9/25/2015 by EternalSolace because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I read one article where a McDonald's employee assists a man in eating his meal. I read another article where people forcibly take away a homeless man's companion. Why are the people of this world always at the two extremes. I read one article that reminds me that just maybe it isn't too late for us. Then I see something like this that makes me want to hate people even more than I do.

I'll never undersand the human capicity to treat others like crap. I will NEVER understand it.

As a collectivist, people can feel empowered to act on what they believe is "the greater good".

As an individualist, i find that notion reprehensible.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Kind of boils down to the universal vs relative morality debate that has been merged with a mob rule mentality and slammed into the wall of socially acceptable behavior.

The notion is reprehensible.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Or maybe the homeless person needs the unconditional love and lack of judgment that animals bring, because humans can be so judgmental and cruel.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What a sad reality we live in.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why does this man need the adjective of "homeless" as his descriptor.

I get it may be relevant to this story....but "homeless" is a descriptive applied liberally. A rather denigrating one.

Not that I am offended by it....just made curious by the observation that, even amongst a group of people typically more into things like social equality, social justice, liberty, etc....the compulsion to use socioeconomic descriptors is ever present.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

oh that is so sad!

poor guy. any follow up info?? give him his puppy back.

collectivism

edit on 25-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

So taking # with out permission isn't considered theft in France?

No lie, I was kinda hoping he was going to get some sort of berserker strength and I was about to witness the next Liveleak knock out video... Sadly no, some guy with a punchable face bullying someone who is already down.
edit on 25-9-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's rare I get profoundly upset by an internet video, but that was very disturbing.

Think about this guy, and how much he probably loved that puppy, the one good thing in his life, something he could take care of and help make his situation bearable.

I can't even imagine what it would be like if someone stole my dog, and how helpless and terrible I would feel. Add that kind of despair to his current circumstances and it's terribly heartbreaking.

When I was younger, I saw a homeless guy hit his dog on the haunches with a cane, and it really bothered me. I was driving with my father (when I was much older), and saw a homeless guy with a dog, and mentioned how I thought it was wrong for homeless people to have dogs. I can't remember exactly what he said, but I remember feeling like an asshole. Something along the lines of thinking it was a good thing two beings that have been discarded found each other and gave each other some happiness and hope.

If the animal is being treated well and fed, I see absolutely no reason to steal it away. You really want to help? Help both of them by helping the man. Give the man some gift cards for a local pet store. Help him get the dog looked at by a vet and up to date on shots. Hearing that man crying for that dog, and the terror of the pup made me feel completely helpless, infuriated and a few other things that haven't hit me that hard in a long time. Unless they saw him beating that dog, they are some incredibly heartless bastards and I really hope he gets his pup back. Internet tough guy and all that, but I would have felt great throwing some fists there.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

The authorities don't care because he's a Roma. I've no idea if you're familiar with what Roma go through, but if you're not I'd suggest looking into it. It's quite despicable.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah I'm still shocked they felt they had the right to steal from someone, I'd be burning inside for quite some time.

You dont steal a man's dog!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Why does this man need the adjective of "homeless" as his descriptor.

I get it may be relevant to this story....but "homeless" is a descriptive applied liberally. A rather denigrating one.

Not that I am offended by it....just made curious by the observation that, even amongst a group of people typically more into things like social equality, social justice, liberty, etc....the compulsion to use socioeconomic descriptors is ever present.

I agree, I noticed a poster above used the word "Houseless", I think that is a better word.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I'm guessing Roma are akin to the Gypsies, or am I off base?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Does anyone have the Name addresses of the people stealing the puppy?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Gypsy is the English word for Romani.

The Roma
edit on 26-9-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Thought so.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join