It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blinking lights around Venus.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hey guys, I just wanted to pick your brains, I woke up early this morning to use the bathroom, I took a look out the window and saw Venus real bright in the sky, so thought I would go grab my camera. I was using my 300mm lens, and then when I zoomed right in, I started to see lights flash next to Venus, 1 to the left, and 1 to the right, sometimes one would flash, and sometimes both would flash, one right after the other, their was no pattern to the timing of the flashes, sometimes I would have to wait almost a minute until I saw one, other times it would be every few seconds. They were the same colour as stars, a bluish white, and seemed to stay in the same position. I couldn't get any pictures as I didn't have my tripod, and the exposure time made the images just a blur. Anyone got any ideas what this could be ? or have a good video camera or telescope so they can see if they see it too ?
Just for reference, I'm living in southern Spain, and this was around 6:30am, so just over an hour ago from while I'm weighting this.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hundredreas0ns

Zooms are well known to be the cause of photo and video artifacts.

Since there is no photographic evidence, no eyewitness testimony (you didn't see it with your naked eye), and you were also filming through a win dow....

Zoom lens artifact. Final answer.
edit on 25-9-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2015 by abe froman because: widow? why can't we say WINDOW?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I had the window open, its a small frosted window, covered with a colour patterned plastic, so couldn't see through it, and the only time artifacts are seen are when I would actually take a photo, and being an amature photographer, i am very well aware about aftifacts and what they are, when I saw it I was just looking through the camera lens while the camera was turned off, so its basically like using a small telescope, I was using my canon T3i digital SLR camera.
Obviously I can't prove it to anyone, that's why I asked if anyone had a good video camera or telescope so they could take a look, I know for myself, what I saw was 100% real, and nothing to do with lens artifacts, but I do appreciate all feedback and suggestions, thank you.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Whilst using your camera, to zoom in on said flashing lights, did you happen to take any photos?
Just curious....

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: grindhouzer

No, I didn't, well I did try, but as it was dark still, the exposure was long and i wasnt using a tripod it just made the pictures a blur. If I'm awake early tomorrow I may go outside and set up my tripod, I can take video with the camera, so might give that a shot, I would ideally like a telescope or good quality video camera, but I will see if I can capture anything with mine.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hundredreas0ns
Hey guys, I just wanted to pick your brains, I woke up early this morning to use the bathroom, I took a look out the window and saw Venus real bright in the sky, so thought I would go grab my camera. I was using my 300mm lens, and then when I zoomed right in, I started to see lights flash next to Venus, 1 to the left, and 1 to the right, sometimes one would flash, and sometimes both would flash, one right after the other, their was no pattern to the timing of the flashes, sometimes I would have to wait almost a minute until I saw one, other times it would be every few seconds. They were the same colour as stars, a bluish white, and seemed to stay in the same position. I couldn't get any pictures as I didn't have my tripod, and the exposure time made the images just a blur. Anyone got any ideas what this could be ? or have a good video camera or telescope so they can see if they see it too ?
Just for reference, I'm living in southern Spain, and this was around 6:30am, so just over an hour ago from while I'm weighting this.
Thanks.

Oops, sorry. That was me agitating the sprites with a photo-magnetic emission I project. I had a headache, so I needed to valve. The time matches. Fret not, no UFOs. Just some old fashion meta physical meddling.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Lol, well thank you for solving the mystery

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

What direction were you facing, are you sure it was Venus.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Yes, it was in the eastern sky, I looked on stallarium to make sure, I even saw the ISS pass just behind it at one point.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You all know what's coming right. I mean someone will post it eventually and it won't be me.

Some jokes never die.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I saw Venus this morning. No blinking lights but then this was just a visual view.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Yeah, I have no clue what it was, and not claiming it to be anything in particular, I'm just curious. I have not been on above top secret in over a year, as I was getting fed up with all the nonsense and arguing on here, but I didn't know where else to turn with the question, hence why I'm back.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hundredreas0ns
a reply to: abeverage

I didn't know where else to turn with the question, hence why I'm back.

Well you know what they say, "Ask a stupid question... Get a stupid answer."
Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

And I am sorry blurry or not I would have tried to get some sort of photographic evidence as you had a camera in your hands...

At least that way we could determine date, time etc otherwise all that is left is your testimony.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ah well, if the lights are outside of our atmosphere (and there is the typo where you said the ISS was blocked out by Venus and the lights? That was backwards right? Venus is a lot further away) then it's likely some secret satellites or perhaps the secret space force starting their big Venus project or something.

But sure... set up the tripod and get some video.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
At 300mm, Venus will still be pretty small to image. If you were pushing 1000mm, it may provide more detail, but anything you might shoot will just be a dot. I would recommend maybe 1.3 sec, F9 at ISO 1600.

Example image I found with a Canon t5i with those setting at 300mm: EXAMPLE

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Did you have the lens hood on? Glancing light can come in from the side and create the flashes. With the lens hood on it doesn't happen.
edit on 9/25/2015 by datasdream because: mistyped lens

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

Fine...

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Well, nice to see that there's a strong percentage of members still willing to stick their claws in.

Thanks for sharing your story, and while it's cloudy and raining here, so I won't be able to take a peak...it would be interesting for someone else to, if they can get a picture.

I have taken several good moon shots with my 300m lens...but stars are quite hard to get without a tripod. You can bet that if you HAD posted any photos you got, everyone would be bashing you for the 'streaks' of light you are claiming to be 'flashes'.

The old ATS is still around, we're just buried a bit.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: dezertdog

Fine...

Pics or it didn't happen.

Um probably best to use your imagination.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join