It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA: Chinese companies are mass producing plastic rice and it could cause serious health problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
We heard about this back in 2007 and 2008 with fake rice and fake eggs. Appears the practice is still going on.

althealthworks.com...

China has been producing fake rice for at least four years, and it is still on the market. Singapore media reported that this “rice” is produced with potatoes, sweet potatoes and – believe it or not – poisonous plastic. It is shaped like regular rice grains but remains hard after cooking and can cause serious health issues.

The rice in question China’s Wuchang rice. The rice is very popular because the real Wuchang rice is famous for its smell, and it costs more for its quality (almost double the price), according to Blue Ocean Network (BON) TV report, a popular English Channel in China.

But many consumers still don’t know what they’re getting.

An undercover journalist has found out that in order to make the fake rice, a small amount of real Wuchang rice is mixed with plastic rice, sprayed with a fragrance to replicate the original rice smell, packaged and shipped to stores across China. It was reported that annually 800,000 tons of real Wuchang rice is produced, yet 10 million tons of “Wuchang” rice is sold – whether plastic or another type of rice; more than 9 million tons of it is fake.

Eating three bowls of this rice is equal to consuming about one plastic bag; it can be dangerous and can cause serious digestive issues, and even be fatal if consumed daily.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
SSDD

China is it's ow n worst enemy; no need to worry about military conflict, they will kill themselves off....

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is deeply disturbing to me. Is there something we don't know about the traditional rice from rice fields? Why on earth would anyone even think to conceive of feeding people fake rice made partially out of plastic, much less fake rice made out of potatoes? What's going on with regular rice?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
This is deeply disturbing to me. Is there something we don't know about the traditional rice from rice fields? Why on earth would anyone even think to conceive of feeding people fake rice made partially out of plastic, much less fake rice made out of potatoes? What's going on with regular rice?

money.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i dont get it. if the rice remains hard after cooking ... why are people eating it ? eating hard rice like that would be pretty crunchy and i guess anybody - even the most gullible consumer would start to suspect something fishy. specially if it is more expensive than regular rice.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Good Lord! They really will fake anything! but food? That's taking it a bit too far. Why do they even need to fake rice? Don't they grow the damn stuff in bulk like everywhere? sheesh that's really put me off my take away tonight

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I just saw a documentary about this and one about Gutter oil. The rice is bad but the oil is completely disgusting. There are also a few good videos on youtube about how they make fake eggs and grapes- all pretty messed up.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JustinCee Fake eggs and grapes?! Is there something the Chinese knows about the future of teal food or are the fake products just cheaper to make and buy?! Truly disturbing way to make money.

new topics

top topics

join