It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marshenge?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I always thought mars was very earth like and had a civilazation a couple billion years ago and as the core cooled over time the planet died and so did the ppl. Now everything Is 99.9% covered in dirt.the anomlies we see are the .1% that Isnt.Back then they probly looked at earth as we look at venus now. But eventually earth was habitable and partially seeded from astroids. A billion years from nowvearth will look like mars does now and there will be people from venus announcing how they may have found water flows on that next planet over whatever they name earth to be.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: theantediluvian

I find it hard to believe that Martians would be stupid enough to drag huge boulders into circles, I think that sort of behavior is limited to the more primitive types.

Or it could be that Mars was once inhabited by a civilization similar to those that build the stone hedge. Doesn't always have to super advanced ET, think that is just what we like to think.

Pure speculation on all of that btw for anyone reading that.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I made a thread on the same topic and it was closed. Any input would be appreciated.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

I made a thread on the same topic and it was closed. Any input would be appreciated.

Interesting! I'd never heard of a pingo before. Looking at the picture of pingos on Mars from the Univ of Tennessee:

..for my money, I'm going with not a pingo. The pictures of pingos on Earth and Mars all seem to have a pronounced crags on the top.
edit on 2015-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

That was a great thread...Do you know where this is on Mars? Does anyone? The original source pic is just of a cropped location and not the whole planet.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Dug up some information about the image from HiRISE site at the University of Arizona. Link to page for ESP_028891_2085.

The image is from Nilosyrtis Mensae. From Wikipedia:

Nilosyrtis Mensae is an area of Mars in the Casius quadrangle. It is centered on the coordinates of 36.87° N and 67.9° E. Its western and eastern longitudes are 51.1° E and 74.4° E. North and south latitudes are 36.87° N and 29.61° N.[2] Nilosyrtis Mensae is just to the east of Protonilus Mensae and both lie along the Martian dichotomy boundary. Its name was adapted by the IAU in 1973. It was named after a classical albedo feature, and it is 705 km (438 mi) across.

The surface of Nilosyrtis Mensae is classified as fretted terrain. This terrain contains cliffs, mesas, and wide flat valleys. Surface features are believed to have been caused by debris-covered glaciers.[3][4] These glaciers are termed lobate debris aprons when surrounding mounds and mesas.[5][6][7][8] When the glaciers are in the valleys they are called lineated valley fill.[9][10][11][12]

Looking at this grayscale image, you'll see "Marshenge" at the top, a little to the left of center. I copied and pasted the scale bar next to the feature and cropped out the image below. The scale bar is 150px (= 500m) and I inserted a black block 30px wide, directly beneath the feature. This shows the mound to be about 100 meters in diameter. I'd estimate from that the width of the longest sides of stones visible is somewhere on the order of 3-5m.

edit on 2015-9-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

That was a great thread. Can you copy and paste your research over?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

I find it hard to believe that Martians would be stupid enough to drag huge boulders into circles, I think that sort of behavior is limited to the more primitive types.

We may have left mars to come to earth.
Also who's to say that just because they lived on mars, they're automatically more 'intelligent'?
edit on 28-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
Good point. However, what if the civilization that may have been around on Mars at one point only made it to a primitive stage in their development before something cataclysmic wiped them out? I'm going to Google the researcher/scientist's name who has very credible data regarding why he believes Mars is basically a wasteland.

...And that involves hydrogen. Hydrogen bombs.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Just got done watching the first episode of a new tv series called "UFO's Uncovering the Truth" on Destination America channel, which was really, well done, and this pic was the subject of part of the show. I was not aware of this image and its interest until now, as I understand this image originally comes from NASA'S Mariner 9 probe. But what is really interesting is NASA waiting 40 some years to release the image....why???

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

As indicated in the OP, the image comes from HIRISE, not Mariner 9.

The image was acquired in 2012.

edit on 6/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It'd be Impossible to know for sure. Because henges are used to tell equinoxes. And it would've been attuned for millions upon millions of years ago... Sadly this is a fruitless adventure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join