It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to GITMO in a SHTF scenario?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
What would happen to GITMO in a SHTF scenario?

A little background: In show the Revolution, electricity for some unknown reason disappear from civilization. Instantly, humanity got bombed back to stone age. In the resulting chaos the US government and society collapsed. In one episode, the remaining US soldiers in GITMO were divided into whether or not they still need to feed their prisoners. Some said no while others said they should wait for contact from surviving authorities.

Suddenly, they got outside and saw a fleet of sailing ships coming for them. In the ships, they contained surviving members of the US government, military and their families.

The remnant US Government then establish a colony in GITMO and wait for the day when they took back control of the former United States (which they somewhat did but that's another topic altogether)

The question is would GITMO be an ideal place for surviving US government officials to establish their base?

I mean for all I know in a SHTF scenario Castro is gonna storm the place unless they place mine fields around Gitmo and point a nuke to Havana since US military installations hardened against an EMP.

edit on 24-9-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Cubans would kill everyone there and take it over. the end.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Well a great deterrent would be a nuclear weapon pointed to Havana since all US military installations are hardened against an EMP plus minefields.
edit on 24-9-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Well a great deterrent would be a nuclear weapon pointed to Havana since all US military installations are hardened against an EMP plus minefields.

Question...if the SHTF and the government collapses who is going to fire those weapons or lay those mines? i assure you cuba will be on its own.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
the last ship delt with this one ,one guy was immune and he let the terrorists go from the gitmo prison then they tried to kill him ,but dont most GMO seeds not self polinate? so wouldnt they kind of eventually die off?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

well if shtf id assume the boomers would be launching them,but as cuba isnot a high priority target i dobut they would catch a nuke,on the mines most of them are allready laid so i would assume the mines in cuba or the DMZ of cuba work with out interactions baring the rumored nuke mines in DMZ which i think if real would have to manualy armed

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

A little background: In show the Revolution, electricity for some unknown reason disappear from civilization. Instantly, humanity got bombed back to stone age.

In that case? GITMO would be the very last thing on my mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Correction...

In the show Revolution, the power goes out, and planes fall out of the sky, and all manner of machinery and chemical processing explodes due to uncontrolled shut down related problems. One has to assume that some of the nuclear power infrastructure does the same.

The bombing back to the Stone Age part only happens after a significant period, at the end of the first season, I think...

In any case Gitmo would be crap as a hardsite. It is exposed, it is a known location, rather than a remote and secret one, and it is also, critically, full of people who want to kill westerners.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is an odd question and seems pretty far outside the realm of possibility given the myriad of contingencies in place for such events.

The question did give me cause to wonder about what happens to prisoners in a SHTF scenario. Apparently nothing good. Most times they are left to drown, burn, or starve. Sometimes they kill the inmates although I think that is no longer any sort of "official" policy.

new topics

top topics

join