It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 10 upload to windows 7

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Well, so far...unless MS comes out with updates on top of those mentioned here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I've put all those suspect updates in the hidden area.

KB 3068708
KB 3068708
KB 3022345
KB 3075249
KB 3080149

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Klassified

Even after that....it's really not a problem to run 7, is it?
Just no support.....or updates.

I rue the day that 10 will be mandatory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be able to run it perpetually, but companies will eventually stop producing hardware and software that will run on it. Just as the other Windows have suffered that fate. So too, will Windows 7.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Aye, but if you have software running on it now, it will continue to run on 7 forever, no?

And you can install 7 [64 bit] on new hard drives for an indefinite period....all you need is the disc...and the Product ID#?????

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Microsoft cannot engineer a real Y2K event because we can out fear if a fear based system. I have a product called 'Slim-Cleaner' (gets rid of unnecessary files that slow your system down; asked it get rid of windows 10 setups; NO GO) and just realized it is one of Microsoft's Pals (affiliates) owned by; (palm striking forehead).
edit on 27-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What is purpose of these perpetual updates every 6 months not including (window's 8 as was a catastrophic failure). What exactly is changing other than the ability to play (old school) "Grand Theft Auto" or "Worlds of Warcraft" faster? The vid becomes better and more AI like (real). I just want to write a letter to someone and include a graphic.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Microsoft cannot engineer a real Y2K event because we can out fear if a fear based system. I have a product called 'Slim-Cleaner' (gets rid of unnecessary files that slow your system down; asked it get rid of windows 10 setups; NO GO) and just realized it is one of Microsoft's Pals (affiliates) owned by; (palm striking forehead).

Just so you know, Slimware is NOT a Microsoft partner, and is junkware/malware.
NOT a Microsoft partner
Junkware/malware

What is purpose of these perpetual updates every 6 months not including (window's 8 as was a catastrophic failure). What exactly is changing other than the ability to play (old school) "Grand Theft Auto" or "Worlds of Warcraft" faster? The vid becomes better and more AI like (real). I just want to write a letter to someone and include a graphic.

Each successive OS improves on its predecessor. Or at least ideally. Vista and 8 were indeed failures. The idea is to improve performance, features, fix previous bugs and design flaws, and keep up with technology. Windows 8's biggest problem was bad design, but it fixed the issues Windows 7 had with native usb support, and networking(permissions) issues. 10 has carried these fixes further, introduced a new and "better" browser, as well as add security, and features heretofore only found on smartphones. MS is changing their business model with 10 to mimic an apple approach.

Seriously. The fear surrounding 10 is unwarranted. Its benefits outweigh its so-called privacy invasion, which has been going on since Win95, and those unwanted features can be turned off anyway. But to each their own. Like I said, 7 is still a viable OS.
edit on 9/27/2015 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Aye, but if you have software running on it now, it will continue to run on 7 forever, no?

Yes.

And you can install 7 [64 bit] on new hard drives for an indefinite period....all you need is the disc...and the Product ID#?????

And yes.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Whatever the benefits, the privacy issues trouble me.....and since I don't have a smartphone or smartTV.....they are issues I don't feel comfortable with.

And, more than one person has told me about resource issues, almost to the point of being unusable.

Those two things will me off 10 indefinitely.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19860693]Klassified[/post
I differ here. "Slim Cleaner" is a Microsoft affiliate pal (it says so in the licensing agreement owned by). There is one thing I can do, delete the program and file a "wrongful" install lawsuit based upon non disclosure (who are you actually) violations with whom ever thinks they are in charge of all virtual digital communications. Any ideas? (that little problem of a paid for 2 year usage fee will not be refunded).

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Whatever the benefits, the privacy issues trouble me.....and since I don't have a smartphone or smartTV.....they are issues I don't feel comfortable with.

And, more than one person has told me about resource issues, almost to the point of being unusable.

Those two things will me off 10 indefinitely.

7 has privacy issues too. All operating systems do. This is just one article of many that bashed 7 for some of the same things. Windows 7 Sins

Most people think their computers should obey them, not obey someone else. Yet, with a plan they call "trusted computing" and software they call Windows Genuine Advantage, Microsoft and others are planning to make your next computer obey them instead of you, and this has serious consequences for your privacy.

What resource issues? I'd like to hear about them. My 10 pro is right now using less resources, and has less memory usage than 7 did/does. It runs smooth and solid, though I still see some bugs that need addressing, and have since XP.

Note that I'm not trying to talk you into 10. That's your business. But I heard similar arguments with XP, Vista, 7, and 8 when they were released. And all of those arguments had some merit, but were also full of disinformation. There's a lot of fearmongering going on with 10. Funny thing is, Apple does these same things on a much wider scale, and it's Microsoft that's taking the beating.
One article among many

Just my thoughts. I have to deal with this and more from clients on a daily basis. At least I'm staying in practice on ATS. Lol.
edit on 9/27/2015 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I differ here. "Slim Cleaner" is a Microsoft affiliate pal (it says so in the licensing agreement owned by). There is one thing I can do, delete the program and file a "wrongful" install lawsuit based upon non disclosure (who are you actually) violations with whom ever thinks they are in charge of all virtual digital communications. Any ideas?

Did you look at the link I posted? You can disagree all you want, but according to MS, they are not a partner. I have talked to MS on more than one occasion about companies claiming to be partners. Since I can't send you a recording of my conversation with them, I sent you a link to an MS site, and their people saying they aren't a partner.

Who am I? I'm a nobody. Though I am a self-employed, technician/consultant. The computer industry is my living, and has been for a long time. I'd like to tell you I know everything, but I don't. I have to read and keep up with tech, in the same way a mechanic has to keep up with automotive tech. But I don't like to see my clients, or anyone else get conned, or get bad information. So I try to shed a little light on the topic when I can. And sometimes, I learn something instead. I like that, because it helps me, and it helps me better serve my clients.
edit on 9/27/2015 by Klassified because: grammar and clarity

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I differ here. "Slim Cleaner" is a Microsoft affiliate pal (it says so in the licensing agreement owned by). There is one thing I can do, delete the program and file a "wrongful" install lawsuit based upon non disclosure (who are you actually) violations with whom ever thinks they are in charge of all virtual digital communications. Any ideas?

Did you look at the link I posted? You can disagree all you want, but according to MS, they are not a partner. I have talked to MS on more than one occasion about companies claiming to be partners. Since I can't send you a recording of my conversation with them, I sent you a link to an MS site, and their people saying they aren't a partner.

Who am I? I'm a nobody. Though I am a self-employed, technician/consultant. The computer industry is my living, and has been for a long time. I'd like to tell you I know everything, but I don't. I have to read and keep up with tech, in the same way a mechanic has to keep up with automotive tech. But I don't like to see my clients, or anyone else get conned, or get bad information. So I try to shed a little light on the topic when I can. And sometimes, I learn something instead. I like that, because it helps me, and it helps me better serve my clients.

Wait. Stop. Klassified; The "who are you" was not directed toward YOU; but to the software company; who engineered the product and I bought the contract from. I will look at your link; let me breathe here. MS should get right on this infraction of using their good will by "Slim Cleaner" and shut them down (turkey style). You have a direct com line? tell them about this bogus company making money off of their good will (representatives of). I am certain you are very good at your job and are a good provider.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Unfortunately, a lot of these scammers are overseas, and prosecuting them is near impossible at present. It happens occasionally, but not often enough. It would cost MS a fortune to go after all of these grifters. Especially since most are overseas.

Lol. Not a direct line. I have to wait on hold, or send an email like everyone else. I do some beta testing for MS though, and occasionally slide in some extra comments when I send feedback.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join